Comments for: Unanswered Questions

+ Reply to Page
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Comments
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Well, it's simple:

Youth's think they are a lot more 'grown-up' and 'self sustainable' then they really are. Rip of the cash-flow of Mommy and Daddy, let the frige stay empty, take 'em away there shiny little toys, and you'll see what you get. They realize that they depend on a 'safe home' and thgeir parents a lot more then they actually think. Today this is no different from what it was like in the midnineties (when I was a youth) and even earlier.
    This does not account for individuals and local differences; but in general I take this as valid.

Please don't consider this a rant or offense or whatever. It's just what I experience on a regular basis when I have to deal with youths and what I figured way too late as a young grown-up reflecting on my own past ...

About topic: That would be hilarious, if Tommy's Mommy is part of the lab-team that started 'it' ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Comments

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Well, it's simple:

Youth's think they are a lot more 'grown-up' and 'self sustainable' then they really are. Rip of the cash-flow of Mommy and Daddy, let the frige stay empty, take 'em away there shiny little toys, and you'll see what you get. They realize that they depend on a 'safe home' and thgeir parents a lot more then they actually think. Today this is no different from what it was like in the midnineties (when I was a youth) and even earlier.
    This does not account for individuals and local differences; but in general I take this as valid.

Please don't consider this a rant or offense or whatever. It's just what I experience on a regular basis when I have to deal with youths and what I figured way too late as a young grown-up reflecting on my own past ...

About topic: That would be hilarious, if Tommy's Mommy is part of the lab-team that started 'it' ...

All the best!
    Liam
    I almost agree with what you said... almost. Whilst we depend on them, think about our personalities. Thinking we're self dependent doesn't stop when an apocalyptic event occurs, we'd still try to be self dependent. What I'm trying to say is that Tommy wasn't the right stereotype for us teens because he wasn't being self dependent. Whether or not he would have failed doesn't matter, it's that he wouldn't be thinking his mum was the ultimate protector, he'd of tried to have been independent... in the Tower atleast.
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Comments
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    I almost agree with what you said... almost. Whilst we depend on them, think about our personalities. Thinking we're self dependent doesn't stop when an apocalyptic event occurs, we'd still try to be self dependent. What I'm trying to say is that Tommy wasn't the right stereotype for us teens because he wasn't being self dependent. Whether or not he would have failed doesn't matter, it's that he wouldn't be thinking his mum was the ultimate protector, he'd of tried to have been independent... in the Tower atleast.
    Hi there.

Yeah, I left that important detail out. I am sorry. And it is true: Tommy is just "one", maybe even "stereotype" of a youth; but being the only one below the age of 18/21 (except Hope!) in the WA universe he does not match anything next to "the average" youth, because - as you say - there are many different personalities available, just like with grown-ups. Maybe Tommy is kind of the youth-nerd... I mean, consider this: He cannot eat many things (gluten-issues), while the world apocalypses under the weight of zombies he - I mean, how badass is that actually??? - modifies some video-cameras for observation things ... So we look at kind of a nerd-guy who just tries to rationalize everything around his aunt and his situation ... So, yes. He is 'not the typical' youth after all ...
    And I also agree with you: If he had the chance, he might have tried to stand up for himself ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Comments

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hi there.

Yeah, I left that important detail out. I am sorry. And it is true: Tommy is just "one", maybe even "stereotype" of a youth; but being the only one below the age of 18/21 (except Hope!) in the WA universe he does not match anything next to "the average" youth, because - as you say - there are many different personalities available, just like with grown-ups. Maybe Tommy is kind of the youth-nerd... I mean, consider this: He cannot eat many things (gluten-issues), while the world apocalypses under the weight of zombies he - I mean, how badass is that actually??? - modifies some video-cameras for observation things ... So we look at kind of a nerd-guy who just tries to rationalize everything around his aunt and his situation ... So, yes. He is 'not the typical' youth after all ...
    And I also agree with you: If he had the chance, he might have tried to stand up for himself ...
    I agree
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

+ Reply to Page
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234