Comments for: Survival Gear

+ Reply to Page
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Comments
    At present, the survival gear pages don't have a template, and this is understandable because different objects have different sorts of information. However, I propose that this section could be organised in a certain way. My suggestion would be that first there is a sentence or two of what the item is, then its relevance to the story and its appearances, and then a divide before the detailed specifications begin, and a picture in the top right. This is similar to the page for the saw. At the moment some pages are quite cluttered, i.e. the Jolly Green Giant, with the information linking it to the story squashed to the bottom. It wouldn't be too hard to make the changes, but I wouldn't want to do them if other people prefer it a different way.

Also at the moment, I have been adding subcategories. Aside from the ones already there, the only other one I can think of is Food and Drink in which things like M.R.E's and water bottles could go in.
    Communications is for methods that the survivors use to communicate. Pretty self explanatory.
    Protection for methods they use to defend themselves that aren't weapons. Possibly bullet-proof jackets could go there.
    Tower modifications currently includes the Generator, but could include cameras and the security gate
    For vehicles, the fuel truck could be added.
    Weapons seems pretty self-explanatory, could include Saul's knife, Bill's shotgun, Rileys bow and arrows and other weapons that have been found by the survivors and mentioned (Shotgun in shop, colt .45 in tower, various mp5's)
    Flares could also be added, I'm thinking maybe as protection (Used to stop guardians at colony, and ignite diesel to kill attacking zombies)

Just posting my thoughts and ideas. Theres a lot of page suggestions there, but I wouldn't want to start making them until others had posted their ideas on what they think the layout of these pages should be.

Wow big post.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

"Scavenger"

Status
    Comments
    Interesting looks like a reference data sheet. You mean a brief description and possibly a picture. I may have some stuff on power point. But I'll check and get back with you..

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Comments
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I was talking about the individual pages. At the moment, some are quite chaotic, and I thought a general format for all of them would be useful.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Comments
    So I Have reformatted all the pages to be roughly in this order:
    One sentence about it. Pic on right
    Appearances.
    Other info relevant to story
    Horizontal rule: done by[hr]100[/hr]
    Detailed info about object that isn't directly relevant to the story.

Please keep new additions to this rough template. Unless you think it's rubbish then feel free to go change all the pages to a different layout.

Only problem I had was that all pictures are different sorts of thing. On the Hybrid and walkie talkie pages I've had move the pic right leaving big gaps on the left. The claymore and m16 pics are attachments which leaves the annoying attachment bits at the bottom. So if someone more skilled than I could fix these then it would be useful.
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Tags for this Page