User Tag List

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Ok Troops! What's your plan when the Eat'em Ups appear?
    Do you actually have weapons at home?
    Would you board up your house or find a better location?
    What kind of monsters are we up against? How they change into better hunters. I am still trying to visualize what they look like. How long does it take the Behemoths to get huge. I am really curious on what people in the Navy would do. Seeing how the Japanese didn't start robbing looting and killing after the earthquakes I would try to make my way out of the U.S. to a place where people are more civil. But I know that would be near impossible. Regardless of how many weapons I would have, I would need to be surround by people I could trust. That would be the best weapon. From watching so many zombie movie I figure people are the threat you have to worry about the most.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Hmmm, I never really gave it much thought. I suppose I thought we were in a more realistic situation. For Z-day that is. I reckon that L4D/ WA zombies would leave the average citizen with very little chance of survival. I mean if the Z's had only human capabilities e.g. their strength reflected that of the body previous to turning, then I reckon we could survive well enough. But Behemoths, runners and jumpers make survival less likely. Even the fact that Wa zombies seem faster than the average human. I agree though standard rules of engagement seem like a good idea. If we wanted to get really nerdy we could split up into three threads Wa, shamblers and a mid point.
    Pip Pip!

"Political opinions are a lot like assholes, just because you have one doesn't mean you need to share it with everyone." Osiris

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SPOILER 
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Aug 4th, 2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added Spoiler tags. Non spoiler area

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dontkillburt View Post
    just where are all the cops in We're Alive? One would think some of those folks might have survived, since all LAPD are armed to the teeth after the North Hollywood shootout back in 1997.

The reminder of our police all sort of disappearing altogether right when the Rodney King riot broke out kind of rings a bell though. Maybe they did the same thing here.
    Probably did the same as a 3rd of them did just prior to Katrina hitting New Orleans, buggered off out of the state to save their families, when it comes down to it, they are just like anybody else, over the last couple of generations, people have been conditioned to look toward an authority figure to guide them during a crisis, I've seen it first hand, people wonder around aimlessly with blank expressions on their faces with no idea what to do, you have to break away from that sort of thinking & realize that when it comes down to it, the only person you can rely on is yourself.
    Nullifier's quick guide to surviving a Zombie Apocalypse 1. K.I.S.S. ( Keep it Simple Stupid ) 2. Observe Everything, Admire Nothing. 3. Take Everything, Leave Nothing.
    Nullifier's First Aid K.I.S.S. Check for Breathing, Stop the Bleeding. Face is Red, Raise the Head. Face is Pale, Raise the Tail.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brevard A. Smith View Post
    What kind of monsters are we up against? How they change into better hunters. I am still trying to visualize what they look like. How long does it take the Behemoths to get huge. I am really curious on what people in the Navy would do. Seeing how the Japanese didn't start robbing looting and killing after the earthquakes I would try to make my way out of the U.S. to a place where people are more civil. But I know that would be near impossible. Regardless of how many weapons I would have, I would need to be surround by people I could trust. That would be the best weapon. From watching so many zombie movie I figure people are the threat you have to worry about the most.
    Brevard.. welcome aboard Troop!
    What would the Navy do? They'd die like everyone else. Those that are on the ships will survive of course. The type of threat is unknown. All you know is that "IT's" going to hell real quick like and you need to do something quicker in order to save your ass.
    The Strategy remains the same no matter what. Now, your tactics will change depending on the threat though. But again, you won't know that until you've jumped in a hole and pulled it closed.
    So, take a look at your city, your block or the county and try to figure out where a safe place would be and how would you defend it.
    Like me for instance: I have 4 gun shops within 3 miles of my apartment. One highly fortified high school, one police training station, one fire department, 3 grocery stores, 2 CVS and 1 Wallgreens. I'm headed for the HS because of it's location and strong physical defense.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Sorry crowbar. Just discussing possible causes. I meant no offence. Back to topic. We have for politics in the uk, its called the houses of parliament. I here you have something similar? xD Back to topic. @TheNomad what exactly do you mean? You travel for a living? I may be being ignorant but I more picture a nomad living hunter-gatherer style, probably without internet connection? My plans change daily, The attic of a building near me looks inviting, as does a near by bunker system. I've said it before and i'll say it again, most people in the uk are sitting ducks. The strict firearms laws mean that not many people have guns and most haven't any experience shooting them. My thoughts are a crossbow which are commonly used for pest control would be a perfect every day weapon, any thoughts? Also I could probably find my way to a gun of some sorts as the rich often come near me to hunt deer.
    Solanine,

No biggie mate. There's just a time and place for all things. No censorship, just redirecting energies is all, plus Freedom of Speech is different than Freedom of Expression and that what was going on here.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Bug-Out-Bags (for self and fam): ready.
    Weapons: ready.
    Ammo: purchased.
    Supplies: 6 month stored.
    Alternate location: scouted.
    Group: ready for notification.
    Crowbar: handy.
    Time to survive!
    crowbar.jpg

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijinpunk View Post
    Bug-Out-Bags (for self and fam): ready.
    Weapons: ready.
    Ammo: purchased.
    Supplies: 6 month stored.
    Alternate location: scouted.
    Group: ready for notification.
    Crowbar: handy.
    Time to survive!
    crowbar.jpg
    heheh. Crowbar!

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Fossilised? hehe he. he he. he.
    @gaijinpunk well done. as for me. Bug out bag not packed. No weapons (unless you count a crowbar and a hatchet). You don't need to reload a blade. Supplies ready to go steal them when the owners move on. Group I prefer lone wolf. Two at max. Crowbar tick. Time to fail.
    Pip Pip!

"Political opinions are a lot like assholes, just because you have one doesn't mean you need to share it with everyone." Osiris

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    ...and I do count a Crowbar... I do, I dooo!

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast