User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points

How Lady and the Fink pt. 2 changed my life.

I just want to post a big thank you to the show creators, producers, actors, and everyone involved for creating the single best piece of media I've had the pleasure of listening to in a long time. So anyway on with what the thread title is about.

When Burt was introduced I was instantly drawn to him because he reminded me of my father. Gruff ex service man that even at 72 years old you couldn't keep down, so you could say I latched on to him pretty quickly. Unlike Burt my real father passed away recently which is another reason why I took to the character so quickly. Before passing my father was aware of a small problem that I had but he told me that he always had faith in me to do the right thing and know when to get out. However after his passing my little problem became a BIG problem as it was my coping mechanism for burying the pain that I was in at the time. It's a weird feeling to be surrounded by people who you know love you and will do whatever for you and still feel alone and that's exactly how I felt. Then on a Monday afternoon I listened to this episode at exactly 5:24PM and what Burt said to Lizzie about feeling helpless and alone resonated with me and it was as if it was my own father speaking the worlds. I listened to that part over and over and over and over and over and every time it brought me to tears. After that I resolved myself I told my friends and family about my problem and as expected they are 100% with me in helping with it and as of today the worst is over. I owe it to We're Alive for giving me the message I needed, when I needed it.

Anyway I know this is really personal but I feel I would be doing the show creators and everyone else a huge disservice not giving thanks so again thank you so much or everything.
    Likes Litmaster, turbo, Kat E, Storm liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Hey there. Thanks for sharing your personal story. I find it amazing that we can find insights, solutions, encouragements and even messages to life's bumps and curves in stories told by others. It's wonderful that you found yours just when you needed to hear it. I believe the author, KC, put a great deal of his own father into the character, Burt, but that's a story I think is best for KC to tell you about. Perhaps both of your fathers shared some really great qualities. Perhaps the two of you could share some stories about your fathers together.

Best wishes to you in striving to get to a better place.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Jun 18th, 2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Likes Kat E liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I'm so glad the series was able to help you! I hear stories every so often, but nothing like this. You had it in you all along, but sometimes it's good to hear it in your head
    Likes Litmaster, Witch_Doctor, turbo liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Sometimes the Universe has a message for you and it can come from very unexpected places, so glad you were ready, willing and able to catch yours. I'm happy to hear the worst is over for you.

On a vague, personal note, I too came across We're Alive when I really, really needed a distraction and to stay as far away from my reality whenever possible. I used the listening of it as my own coping mechanism. The WA story and characters are so engaging and compelling on their own, and then you add the production/technical side underneath...it's pretty darned amazing the depths of the distraction that can be attained. You listen and then you're there--you can get back to what you need to do/deal with all in good time.

On a related note, I was listening to Audio Drama Production Podcast and one of the hosts said "Every day's a school day," in reference to the ability to learn things from even an inexperienced source. I found it quite profound and the statement resonated with me, just like you-learn-something-new-every-day type of thing, but more proactive. TMB, thank you for sharing a part of your story, you never know who may need to hear it and can learn from it. I wish you the best.
    Likes Litmaster, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Hey there. Thanks for sharing your personal story. I find it amazing that we can find insights, solutions, encouragements and even messages to life's bumps and curves in stories told by others. It's wonderful that you found yours just when you needed to hear it. I believe the author, KC, put a great deal of his own father into the character, Burt, but that's a story I think is best for KC to tell you about. Perhaps both of your fathers shared some really great qualities. Perhaps the two of you could share some stories about your fathers together.
    Myaccountaccess.onl, Myaccountaccess/Activate
    Best wishes to you in striving to get to a better place.
    I find it amazing that we can find insights, solutions, encouragements and even messages to life's bumps and curves in stories told by others