User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Season 3 Re-listen (Spoliers)

So what strikes you the most about Season 3?

I will let you know when I finally get to the end (why did I think I could do this?)

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

Haven't listened to it in a while. But I think, season #3 is very special compared with the other three seasons.

First and foremost it is the one season that draws a much bigger picture about the whole zombocalypse; and still you can hardly fathom the consequences of it. But with the fall of Boulder and Irwin you have a repition of the events from chapter 1 - the mayhem and death of thousands of people within a very short period of time.

Then there is this almost perfect falling apart of everything. Ok, it started at the end of season 2, when the party of the Tower got split; but the survivors and friends from the Tower got more and more ripped apart through all the events in season 3. You have the few left in LA, three caught by the Mallers and the Colonists, two on the run finding a new comrade in CJ; then there are Michael, Tanya and Riley staying at Irwin and finding new friends, while anyone else has left for Boulder, where each and everyone went his or her own paths. And then - just like what we experienced in the first chapters of season 1 - everyone was thrown into the same pot of stew again, when digested stuff hits rotating wings (shit hits the fan).

Besides these two developments we also learn, what real friendship is all about. No matter, how much you are apart in terms of geography, you still keep attached. This is right beneath under the surface of season #3, but it shows in several moments, when the actions of the survivors are motivated by the sheer will to get together again.

That's my (first) take of season #3. If you ask me about what I liked most during season #3, then there is no way for me to get around the Kalani backstory.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I just finished season 3 (again) , and I totally get the importance of friendship thing. When Saul contacts Irwin, and you can tell Michael has that moment of choosing friends over everything. All without verbally saying so.