User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Putting Your Money Where Your Mouth Is (Fundraising Brainstorm)

Ok... Not sure how we can get this to work, but I have an idea for a fundraiser that is 100% (or almost 100%) Profit.

Got your attention on that on did't I.

It's called a penny race. The basics are you set up a set of jars labeled with the names opposing groups and leave them out for people to put money in them. Anything that is silver is negative points and any thing that starts wit a P (pennies & paper - cash & check) are positive points. Each item gives the points equal to the number of cents it's worth......

and I've probably lost you. So let me explain how this would work for WA..

At the live event Kc puts a table out with a Jar for each of the main characters (Lizzy, Micheal, Pegs, Datu, Scratch, Ink, ect). I put put a buck & 6 pennies in Peg's jar (as anyone who loves her would) and I toss 2 quarters and a dime in Ink's Jar (as any one who wants to see him die in a fire would). That gives her a +106 and him a -60 to there over all scores. At the end of the race Kc (or an intern.... yup probably an intern) will tally the scores and announce the winner.

This usually works better if it can run for a while and there is a regular update on the standings & that's the part I don't really know how we can get to work. The closest thing I can come up with is selling "silver dollars" and "paper dollars" through the online store (with any minimums as required for the total order as needed). If buying on line, and if there needs to be a minimum purchase of say $5, I would give 3 "paper dollars" to Pegs & 2 "silver dollars" to Ink. Then we can badger... I mean ask.... Mic & Red Beard to make a standings report part of their fancast (or use the forums, facebook or twitter..... or all 4) to keep the pressure on. If we close the race a week before the finally is streamed live the winner can be announced by the fabulous Michael Swan at the end of the episode.

(Oh & if it's illegal to sell fake money on-line the minimum purchase could get you a nifty wallpaper or ring tone. And those are already made so no investment needed..... see 100% profit)

What do the fans get for this... in the real world the wining group would get half of the net value of the jar or a prize..... but in this case the fans of the winning Character would have the satisfaction of knowing that the one they love is the most popular of them all.

I've done this a few times in High School (each graduating class vs factually vs staff) and at work (email team vs incoming call team as a fundraiser for a prize of 2 weeks of dress down passes) & it raises a ton of money. It's more invidious in person because you never realize how much spare change you can give away, but people are so rabid with there support for their favorite character it should work here..... and would totally work on the road trip too.

So, can this happen? I can already see Kc dropping a $20 bill in Lizzy's jar.... unless he likes sleeping with one eye open.

(BTW - if this does happen & you want to do the pile of coins thing, be nice to Kc and keep them warped in sleeves.... or just by a brick of pennies, I think there about $25 each).

So are you with me? Can we as a comunity put our money where are mouth is?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    & crickets.

(So I guess no one is with me)

We need a crickets emoticon for when posts die on the vine.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    We have no pennies anymore up here.