User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should the WA finale be available the night of the premiere for $5?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! $5 isn't unreasonable, since it will be available free later.

14 42.42%
  • Yes, $5 is fine, but maybe the day or a few AFTER the live event.

4 12.12%
  • No, what you have in place now is fine.

2 6.06%
  • No, I don't think you should do that. That's why there's a premiere.

7 21.21%
  • Yes and No. I like turtles.

6 18.18%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Not empty! It will be occupied by me belly-bumping 7oddisdead when Burt finally kills Scratch!!
    DO NOT GIVE PEOPLE IDEAS!!!!!!!11111111!!!ELEVENTYONE!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Just throwing this out there...but have you looked into patreon at all? Could be a good way to help with funding in the future, and unless I'm mistaken it gives you a list of those who donate at the 5.00 and above level. Shoot those folks an email with a code for the finale, badda Bing bang...boom. Its really worked well for those who have jumped the tWIT ship recently, might be an option here.
    Patreon is a good idea! Even for your next project..... You can basically set it up..... and people can "Tip" you as you move along thru your project..... So someone might decide to give you $3 per episode, and Someone else might decide to give $10..... You could do special Forum badges, or titles or what have you for the different donation levels........ good idea in my opinion!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I have to wait for the free episode. Regardless if I wanted to pay for it or not, no matter how much or little it cost my cash flow refuses to let me do it.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I think we're going to go with Monday the 21st to release it online. That way it doesn't detract from the finale event, and it's not too long to wait. That will let us raise a few extra bucks for the next project, and also let people have something early. I bet some people who go to the finale might buy this as well if we do a bundle version.
    Do you already have an idea how to perform the EBEFB (early-bird-episode-for-bucks)?
    I know, it stillis some time until 21st July, and yet is is just only another 5 weeks and 1 day down this summer ...
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    We're Launching the $5 package for that Monday after the finale event.
    Likes MickGinger liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    Patreon is a good idea! Even for your next project..... You can basically set it up..... and people can "Tip" you as you move along thru your project..... So someone might decide ome tv omegle tv dirtyroulette to give you $3 per episode, and Someone else might decide to give $10..... You could do special Forum badges, or titles or what have you for the different donation levels........ good idea in my opinion!
    While I think having reward substance would be decent, there's simply no time before the finale. We could possibly accomplish something on the store in a group... like get the scene and all the ringtones, and possibly another ringtone pack?
    Last edited by kabirkent; Jul 31st, 2023 at 01:19 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    While my gut reaction was to vote for the first option just because I really like the idea of being able to watch the event online, I don't think it should be available for $5. I'm with the others on that one. If someone is willing to dish out $100 or something then maybe they should be able to do it. If you do decide to do it, make us pay dearly for it. Perhaps you can have a price for those who will pay $100 - $150 to watch it via livestream on the night of and then a lower price the following Monday?

It's been said before but there are a ton of things that you just won't bazoocam bazoocam bazoocam get from watching it on livestream which, in my opinion, may balance out part of the price people have paid to see it live: There's no after party, there's no meeting the cast, there is no getting to meet fellow forum goers, etc. I'd love to have been able to attend in person but that's just not possible with the commitments I've got at the moment.

I guess I see it as similar to what Blizzard does with Blizzcon. You can dish out the money for a the full experience of attending live or pay much less to get access to the livestream. They're not the same by any stretch of the imagination but you do get what you pay for.
    Patreon is a smart thought! In any event, for your next project. You can fundamentally set it up. furthermore, individuals can "Tip" you as you move along through your project. So somebody may choose to give you $3 per scene, and Someone else may choose to give $10. You could do extraordinary Forum identifications, or titles or what have you for the diverse gift levels. smart thought as I would like to think!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345