User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Say you had a younger child/teen, who is "innocent" to the world of swear words, but you think they would enjoy the story/depth of this podcast. Would you want to introduce it this way? Some parents wouldn't, so doing this would allow them to include them in this, thus reaching out to another type of audience.
    One way or the other, children will eventually be exposed to profanity. More often than not, it would be between their friends and influencial adults. I believe the level of profanity in this podcast is fairly mild in comparison.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    As I've said it's not like we've got another Puck/Puck problem here, just a Little suggestion for a correction later on if it was going to be looked over Again. I know I'm kinda perfectionistic, but I try not to overdo it.
    Of course we could just pretend he's nervous or something like that.
    Yea, i see what you're getting at, but like i said, it makes it sound more natural: we don't all speak perfectly, all the time, so the occasional mumble and stutter adds to the realism (as much as you can to a zombie based podcast, anyway)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Yeah, makes sense about the music I don't even won't to guess how long it takes to remaster it, nor to do a clean version... But I'm sure it's a ton of Work.
    The chapter 23 part I'm refering to is this. As I said, nothing big, but it's such stuff I kinda pick up immediately. I must say though that you're doing an extremely great job though. The Danish audio dramas kinda suck when it comes to that. I've heard a character call another person by their own name, one sound effect being used twice within one second (just sounds horrible), sound effects not being placed in the right spot in the stereo field... The Danish audio dramas, even though they're made by DR (kinda what BBC would be for England I guess), aren't really something to be too exited about. The last one, about the stereo field, isn't really a problem in WA though, when most of the stuff is in the center anyway.
    I guess it's easier editing it when you don't have to think about if the character's voice shal be more to the right, or which way they shall move... I had to get used to listening to that way of doing it though, all the audio dramas I've listened to were in stereo (and I've listened to quite a lot by now).
    So yeah... With 43 hours of audio and only three small Things I've been able to find so far, I'd say it's pretty well done. ^^
    As I've said it's not like we've got another Puck/Puck problem here, just a Little suggestion for a correction later on if it was going to be looked over Again. I know I'm kinda perfectionistic, but I try not to overdo it.
    Of course we could just pretend he's nervous or something like that.
    Ok, so now I finally know what you're talking about. Yeah, those stutters are actually intentional. I have other versions where they don't, and often choose the ones they do because it's more natural sounding. It's like leaving the imperfections in. Those won't get changed, at least it's not my intention to. The only time I might, is when a very important word is left out, or an inflection doesn't mean what I want it to mean.

For the longest time I thought you were talking about a plot problem, and I was like... um.... huh?

As for why we're doing a "clean" version, it's for more wider appeal. There's certain international language courses that use our show as a way to learn English (cool huh!), and this would let us do more with the series, possibly even have it on the radio. It's like musicians who create music with explicit language, they always have a version to fall back on for radio and such. The mainstream version is still the official version, but it's only more options.

As for the stereo thing, yes, it takes more time and we used to actually do that. I found after a few episodes that it actually took away from what was happening in the story, and ended up being more of a gimmick. The spacial audio scene is filled with distractions from what you're supposed to be paying attention to. I feel the same way about most 5.1 surround sound tracks. Stereo or 5.1, it doesn't change the story. At the university I work at, many students spend so much time trying to perfect a 5.1 mix, that they don't spend the time on the things they really should focus on. I've pissed off a few people in the AD community by telling them that too, and they just keep on doing it. The stupid part is that it's not even realistic to what your ears do. If someone's to your left or right slightly, the panning difference should be negligible. And then, when you add the perspective of shuffling right or left on the pan, what's that mean about where WE the audience is at in the story. Are we always in the center of the scene and people move around us?

TLDR; Stereo panning is distracting and a waste of time, IMO.
    Likes scbubba, Storm, Gooer liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Ok, so now I finally know what you're talking about. Yeah, those stutters are actually intentional. I have other versions where they don't, and often choose the ones they do because it's more natural sounding. It's like leaving the imperfections in. Those won't get changed, at least it's not my intention to. The only time I might, is when a very important word is left out, or an inflection doesn't mean what I want it to mean.

For the longest time I thought you were talking about a plot problem, and I was like... um.... huh?
    *Nods* I see. Makes sense that they're there then.
    And yeah, making sounds and whatever pan takes way too much time. What I used to do when I tried to make some (extremely unserious) audio dramas was to just record the stuff with a stereo recorder and kinda just go with that. They didn't include anything unnatural so it wasn't really a problem.
    I don't even know how much control I can get over the stereo field in GoldWave when using a screen reader. Hmmm...
    Storm -- < '!' >

To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    And eternity in an hour

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

UPDATE!
    I now need someone to proof Chapter 12 for me. I will be giving out QC awards for this, and those who already participated will also get one.

Who's in? First come first serve. All I did was replace "Modern Myth Productions" with "Wayland Productions" at the end. Just need someone to QC the whole thing anyway to make sure there's no problems.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Sure, I'm game. Unless someone else wants it

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Sure, I'm game. Unless someone else wants it
    I'll send it right over. Uploading now.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I'll send it right over. Uploading now.
    Didn't even remember it saying Modern Myth Productions at the end....

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Didn't even remember it saying Modern Myth Productions at the end....
    It did. Cleaning house still. The publisher's removing the old logos and such from those prints. I think after this wave of updates, we won't need to touch them again.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I could listen to it too if you need a 2nd opinion.

Just finished watching the WA Fancast vid - epic beard btw
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast