User Tag List

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 289
  1. #131
    EpiEpee's Avatar
    "Scavenger"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    53
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDung View Post
    Do I remember correctly that the baby is due in three weeks? If that's the case, the baby should be fully "baked". I'm a father of three (plus one in the oven), and I can assure folks that doctors and midwives tell parents that at 37 weeks (3 weeks before full term), the green light is given. Any time after that is not considered premature.
    Honestly, I don't remember when the last time we heard exactly when Lizzie was due, but if she's at 37 weeks, you're right that she's at term and can deliver at any time. Even if she's before that, they'll deliver the baby in circumstances like this where the baby's heart rate starts dropping. Outcomes are better all around because there's not much you can do for the baby while it's in utero, and delivery will cure the problems for the mom too.
    "Anybody can prevail, everybody's free to fail"-cast, Assasins

  2. #132
    TacticalJHP's Avatar
    "Hoarder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashland KY
    Posts
    243
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Someone get Litmaster his coffee, he be mad. He when all Daryl Dixon on us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Or a Snickers. Those work too.






    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    Todd and Litmaster, it is time to hug.

    Closer....yeah that's it. Get those lips a little --- woah....okay, now some tongue...
    Wrong. Just plain wrong.
    Last edited by TacticalJHP; Mar 10th, 2014 at 07:37 PM.
    Likes Deacon_Tyler, Litmaster liked this post
    There's nothing quite like a bullet to the brain to say "Hey seriously, cut that out!"

    "Take yer hat off boy, that's a dollar bill!"

  3. #133
    Cabbage Patch's Avatar
    "Body Removal Team"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    968
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Just for fun I checked Cordova Street in Pasadena for churches. I only found one, Trinity Baptist Church at 1147 Cordova Street. It's a smallish church, but it isn't an exact match with the physical description of the church in this episode. Here's a picture from the front.
    Likes Mama_Chita, scbubba, Litmaster liked this post

  4. #134
    Elete23's Avatar
    "Lurker"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    Hi guys, first post here, been a long time lurker. I just need to weigh in here on the "insta-language" controversy. People who are up in arms about it seem to think that it is more implausible than all the physical transformations we've seen in the zombies so far. I think it is pretty consistent with what we've seen and has nothing to with magic, the supernatural, or a hive mind.

    Don't underestimate what the alteration of he physical makeup of the human brain can do to perception. If the zombification process can mutate a normal human into some undead supersoldier, is it really that hard to believe that Roberts found a mechanism to trigger parts of the brain when they view certain patterns? Obviously zombificaton changes the brain, if Roberts was able to fully understand how, he certainly could pull off a variety of tricks. Some symbols seem to convey a feeling (i.e. enter, or stop), perhaps the visual stimuli affects the re-wired zombie brain by activating the instinctual fear (stop) or pleasure (enter) centers automatically upon viewing those patterns. How do you get an address? If Roberts can figure out brain chemistry, he can certainly induce a sort of artificial dyslexia or some type of reading "disorder" that can easily be made into code when reverse engineered.

    Of course all of is partially dependent on the theory that the infection is in fact a chemically created phenomenon that Roberts has likely devised himself, or at least has spent a great deal of time studying before the outbreak. He may not be patient zero, but that doesn't mean the whole thing wasn't his plan. Honestly that theory seems the least far fetched one as far as determining the cause of the outbreak.

  5. #135
    Kc's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    3,134
    Blog Entries
    4
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries
    4

    Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    I posit my theory that Kc himself is a depressed and lonely man possessed with self-loathing and inner torment.
    !
    I love reading these comments. Tonight, especially has been interesting, and being able to sit and interact with you all face to face. I feel that today has pulled the curtain back and I'm more exposed to you all. It's also unique timing because I believe this is one of the few times we've had what fans call story red flags. And, I think maybe people may be reacting differently because the series is ending soon and they doubt how much can be wrapped up in such a short amount of time.

    That being said, perhaps at this time I should limit my exposure. (And btw, I know Lit was joking with his comment above, but quite the opposite! Happily married, love my job, my show, but also very critical of my work and force a very self-grueling work ethic). In the future, at least until the end, I'll refrain a bit more from interacting within the threads. I'll still jump in here or there, but perhaps I'm a little too hands on right now. The other comment before was right, I do read and react to the people on the forum, and there have been small influences; things I've included to clarify something or maybe in other ways I don't recognize. So, I won't be gone or anything, just a little less of a guide. I'll let the story elements unfold, and let people react how they want. I like constructive criticism, and maybe this will be more freeing, not having a looming feeling that something might effect me.

    Who knows, maybe I won't really have fewer posts... but the sentiment is to let people theorize without me getting in the way
    Likes zombie Danny liked this post

  6. #136
    beans's Avatar
    "Lurker"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Another great close to a chapter! I've 2 weeks to feast on speculations...initial thoughts are that Ink is a freakishly intelligent person so there may be some sort of sciencey explanation to Datu's mind control as part of his intelligent design.

    On a side note, its interesting how some people conclude to occult, supernatural explanations on this story (and for many other stories and happenings around the world) because I think it says a lot about the human condition which isn't necessarily bad or good but it is something that's been apparent for as long as history's been recorded.

    What I am excited for for next chapter is an intense, edge of your seat arc that I feel will top my personal favorite, the area rescue arc...I can still feel the chill of being in the mushy goo of human flesh!

  7. #137
    Deacon_Tyler's Avatar
    "Hoarder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    258
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

    Nano bots....it's got to be nano bots.

  8. #138
    Storm's Avatar
    "Builder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    456
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    PREACH!!

    Everyone seems to forget all the above, just because its semi-plausible via -physics- but its so damn true. Soon as we turn to a subject you can't really google, its magic.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
    - Arthur C. Clarke
    Storm -- < '!' >

    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    And eternity in an hour

  9. #139
    LiamKerrington's Avatar
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lower Saxony
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    4
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    4

    Hi.

    Sorry, I have some trouble joining into the criticism about the symbols being words and/or commands to the zombies.

    I remember us discussing a lot about an ant-analogy in respect to the zombos, when Randy dropped these bottles. Now I would like to make you remember these discussions again, because I have the feeling that many of have seemed to "accept" this kind of theory.
    Ants "talk" or "communicate" by using hormons or shit telling everyone in the ant-family what to do - some simply for "follow this trail", others for "defend", again others "safe the ant-eggs", or "feed big Mom" etc. ... What if these symbols have the a similar effect on zombies? Their brains may get twisted by the z-agent, and by seeing symbols all across the place they simply follow these symbols, because there could be kind of a hard programming through the zombie-agent.

    Or make it different: What, if those symbols are painted with colors which were enriched with certain hormons or fluids the zombies simply "scent". R2Da2 explicitely says that these symbols are not like explicit words, but about a certain meaning. He sees the symbols and "understands" something about them in a way that he cannot resist and thus follows "an order" as he understands it. Just like an ant smells a certain hormon in its surrounding and reacts accordingly. EDIT: FYI This hormone-enrichment is more than less falsified, 'cause one important detail slipped my mind; so no need to discuss it anymore. /EDIT

    So - yes. Could be. I am looking forward to get more clues and see where this is leading.

    Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Mar 11th, 2014 at 09:28 AM.
    Likes kent17 liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

  10. #140
    Storm's Avatar
    "Builder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    456
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hi.

    Sorry, I have some trouble joining into the criticism about the symbols being words and/or commands to the zombies.

    I remember us discussing a lot about an ant-analogy in respect to the zombos, when Randy dropped these bottles. Now I would like to make you remember these discussions again, because I have the feeling that many of have seemed to "accept" this kind of theory.
    Ants "talk" or "communicate" by using hormons or shit telling everyone in the ant-family what to do - some simply for "follow this trail", others for "defend", again others "safe the ant-eggs", or "feed big Mom" etc. ... What if these symbols have the a similar effect on zombies? Their brains may get twisted by the z-agent, and by seeing symbols all across the place they simply follow these symbols, because there could be kind of a hard programming through the zombie-agent.

    Or make it different: What, if those symbols are painted with colors which were enriched with certain hormons or fluids the zombies simply "scent". R2Da2 explicitely says that these symbols are not like explicit words, but about a certain meaning. He sees the symbols and "understands" something about them in a way that he cannot resist and thus follows "an order" as he understands it. Just like an ant smells a certain hormon in its surrounding and reacts accordingly.

    So - yes. Could be. I am looking forward to get more clues and see where this is leading.

    Best wishes!
    Liam
    Back to the synaesthesia we go... At least I'd love to see that play a part... Some man made form that would be the same for everyone... It would have to alter their brains though, but people have already suggested that, so why not...
    Synaesthesia might be able to explain at least some of it...Or maybe I just say so because I can imagine how Datu feels about those symbols... Though I don't feel a sudden urge to enter a room just because it's got a letter on the door.
    But I will immediately think of the color red if you mention Saturday, and feel that you're completely wrong if you say it's not... Quite funny actually, I always feel an urge to correct someone when I read about other synaesthetes experiences if they are different from my own.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtO4CSzAyxE
    Storm -- < '!' >

    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    And eternity in an hour


 
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •