User Tag List

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Behemot vs Puck - the dynamic

Ok, please help me make sense of this, 'cause nobody talked about it at all and I feel the only weird guy in the bunch who didn't get the obvious explanation.

Here's a scheme of the layout of things the second after Carl's death:

Gate 1 | Behemot | Gate 2 | Carl's corpse | Puck | Gun Truck

I hope we all agree on that. The behemot reaches through the gate and kills Carl, so at one point there's one gate and Carl's corpse between Puck and the behemot.
    Then the behemot goes to the truck and smashes it, then he smashes Puck, then he dies.
    What happens in between drives me nuts, I can't find a scenario that makes sense.

We go from the above scenario, i.e.
    Gate 1 | Behemot | Gate 2 | Carl's corpse | Puck | Gun Truck
    to this scenario:
    Gate 1 | Gate 2 | Carl's Corpse | Puck | Behemot smashing guntruck | being-smashed Gun Truck

Notice how the behemot goes from left of puck to right of Puck. Please note that any actual pathway, any shape, any actual distance won't matter in this schematic: whatever the shape of the building and the parking, at moment A Puck is beween the behemot and the truck, and at moment B the behemot is between Puck and the truck. Both want to get there ASAP. They will then follow the most direct path.

Here's a (non-complete) list of things I don't get:
    - why does the behemot pass over Puck without harming it. Or does it?
    - if it does, why Puck doesn't mention the pretty frakking important detail "he passed within inches of me to get to the truck and he didn't harm me when he was so close he could have blinked me to death with its eyelids."
    - How does the behemot get out of Gate 2
    - if you answered "by smashing it" then here's what happens next: Ink leaves Puck, goes back to the entrance, passes the gate the behemot shattered by looking at it and carefully closes the other identical gate so that... the wall-and-gate smashing behemot won't get out. This applies also to Tanya's little hand-waving of 43.1.
    - again if you answered "by smashing it", why they didn't get out of the jail sooner, being starving and all. You get hungry and desperate, you smash 4/5 little walls and you're out.

I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't get how can I be the only one not getting it.
    Thanks to everyone who can help me understanding this.
    Last edited by clem131; Mar 4th, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I'll shed some light. I glazed over details in the scene because I felt they detracted from the emotion of the scene. Too many words, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    Here's a (non-complete) list of things I don't get:
    - why does the behemot pass over Puck without harming it. Or does it?
    Puck's team came in via the loading dock. If you've seen them they have big ledges where trucks can back into, but it's like a 4 foot drop. Puck didn't jump that (because it would be kind of stupid to with gear and carrying the heavy mata gun), and went for the safer way down. The behemoth went directly from the ledge onto the truck smashing it before Puck got there. Why did the behemoth go for the truck first? I'll leave that purposely ambiguous.
    - if it does, why Puck doesn't mention the pretty frakking important detail "he passed within inches of me to get to the truck and he didn't harm me when he was so close he could have blinked me to death with its eyelids."
    Again, direct path vs the stairs.

- How does the behemot get out of Gate 2
    In the moment Puck and Carl were more interested in getting out then turning around and sliding the large gate to close it. Time was very limited at that moment. Could they have shut it in time? Just maybe. Did they? No. Time is also somewhat relative to the pace of the narration. The scene is actually slowed down to let the narrator explain the details.

- if you answered "by smashing it" then here's what happens next: Ink leaves Puck, goes back to the entrance, passes the gate the behemot shattered by looking at it and carefully closes the other identical gate so that... the wall-and-gate smashing behemot won't get out. This applies also to Tanya's little hand-waving of 43.1.
    I didn't. Both gates still exist right now and are shut.

- again if you answered "by smashing it", why they didn't get out of the jail sooner, being starving and all. You get hungry and desperate, you smash 4/5 little walls and you're out.
    The answer from Tanya is the best one. They may not know how to. I have more details written about all this, but I can't just throw in facts that can't be witnessed.
    Likes Storm liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Thanks! I wasn't picturing the loading dock correctly. Also, my confusion with gate 2 being closed arises from the part where Puck cries "CLOSE IT CLOSE IT CLOSE IT!!!". Then two shots and a sound like the gate slamming. Then Puck narrates "The behemot reached through". At this point I thought it meant: Puck shouts to Carl to close the door, Carl does, Puck shoots the behemot to try and keep it at bay, the loud sound was indeed the gate shutting and the behemot reaches Carl through the bars of the closed gate and kills him. Now I have a clearer picture, thanks.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Thanks! I wasn't picturing the loading dock correctly. Also, my confusion with gate 2 being closed arises from the part where Puck cries "CLOSE IT CLOSE IT CLOSE IT!!!". Then two shots and a sound like the gate slamming. Then Puck narrates "The behemot reached through". At this point I thought it meant: Puck shouts to Carl to close the door, Carl does, Puck shoots the behemot to try and keep it at bay, the loud sound was indeed the gate shutting and the behemot reaches Carl through the bars of the closed gate and kills him. Now I have a clearer picture, thanks.
    Perhaps I can clear it up in the remaster, the gate doesn't get all the way shut.