User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    For me, the reason Michael was creating the Super Composite Journal was he found himself wrapped up with so many members of this Family. I have even more people in it that not revealed themselves. Not for anyone to read, but for my own sanity...

Nikvodoo's idea that it is Ink reading the journals, I will add to it by saying after Ink reads it, he crosses out "We're Alive" and writes "Were Alive" and chuckles.
    Likes scbubba, Footbutt, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I think the logical thing to keep in mind is just "who" durai was before all this happened.
    Oh, the WHO is the appropriate question, but an incomplete one in this case.

The full question should be "who was Durai before all this happened, that makes it believable to the story?"
    I am all about good story telling.

Sure, it could be he is a Mafia Don. (Or more correctly, organized crime boss in general, since as he has the name Durai, which smacks you over the head with the Tamali word for Leader, you have to assume he is from Shri Lanka.) But in all honesty, Duri, despite his name, is probably not a leader of any type of organized crime, but no higher than a soldier.

With the planning and his "leader"ship abilities, it reminds me a lot of some survivalists (or as the more mainstream term used today, Preppers). In much the same way Burt was a survivalist, Durai meets the criteria, and also meets the criteria in other ways as well.

• Many Preppers tend to end up in prison for various federal charges.
    • Survivalists tend to have a better understanding of tactical situations then your average citizen.
    • Survivalists also tend to know a little more about explosives than your average guy.
    • It also explains why he was a expert marksman, something that organized crime does not offer (movies aside).
    • He was interested in the tanker trucks early on because he understood that in any disaster, fuel is worth more than gold in any disaster situation.
    • The mall is a horde of supplies and equipment and your #1 target if you have none.
    • Someone taught the Mallers how to use an RPG, and it sure as hell was not Latch.

Now, Despite this....i don't believe he was a survivalist/prepper. He had the Potential to be one, but probably not. Why? Because because it is TOO convenient for the story. But we will never know for sure, unless in the next few chapters, Burt finds his name on his mailing lists for 5,000 rounds of 5.56mm ammunition or such.

Realistically, the people in the story are a little more down to earth, but put in a situation that they normally would have NEVER dreamed of doing the things they are doing and interacting with the people they are interacting with. Ordinary people, extraordinary circumstances.
    A florist.
    A chef.
    A maintenance man.
    A gun shop owner.
    An insurance salesman.
    A lawyer.
    A gun shop owner (who is also prepping)
    A Therapist
    A Veterinarian
    A few army reservists.
    And a Scientist

But, if you suddenly threw in someone else who just happened to be a prepper who was also in prison with organized crime ties....
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I don't want to speculate on how scratch got them out so quickly, got over to burts place so quickly, etc...i think those things fall into 'suspend disbelief' territory. I rather look at durai as a mafia-style boss who has to analyze a threat and handle it as quickly as possible.
    Something to throw out there, just because... well, it got cut from the primary story, is that we were never told about WHO was coming in to buy the RPG in Burt's safe and why. He wouldn't have kept it in a safe like that unless someone was coming by for it. Otherwise it would have been in his bigger safe. Could be Maller related, but would greatly contribute to the motivation as to why someone with knowledge of its existence would book it there right after shit hits the fan.

This might get covered in the Burt novel, or it might not; does it really change the primary storyline? No, that's why it was cut. There's a lot of little stuff that gets cut because of time/intention/or witnesses. Part of the mechanics of the story is that unless one of characters witnesses the event and puts it down on paper, we don't hear about it. The ONLY scene that's speculation is the helicopter landing in the field before Saul and Victor get there. That's why Michael has that special VO there.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

I have always thought there was a connection. But, I think the more important question is not why L&S got to L&L so quick, it is why was Burt so delayed in getting there. Not sure if that is part of this show or the Burt Book, just Flogging a dead horse with a torn cap...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    And that's the point I was trying to make with my original post. Its all well and good to throw stuff at the wall. Its all good to speculate on details of the story. But...details we don't get (locked n loaded, break out, etc) have no frame of reference in THIS story. So all we can work from (in a logical sense) is what we know.

I don't like being a "serious thinker" on here. Too many people take that shit for serious. someone hand me my crackpot hat

also, there could be a whole nother podcast just based on the story we haven't gotten. That....would be an awesome standalone thing.
    Likes scbubba, Red Shirt, Kc liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I have always thought there was a connection. But, I think the more important question is not why L&S got to L&L so quick, it is why was Burt so delayed in getting there. Not sure if that is part of this show or the Burt Book, just Flogging a dead horse with a torn cap...
    Part of that is covered in the Burt Book. In fact, that part's already written. /teaser.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Part of that is covered in the Burt Book. In fact, that part's already written. /teaser.
    /Flipstable

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    /Flipstable
    No, allow me....
    Likes scbubba, Red Shirt, Verse liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Or my favorite one:

Here's Kc coming across yet another email suggesting that he do a We're Alive Musical...

Likes scbubba, Grognaurd, Red Shirt, Verse, Kc liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Well played sir. Well played.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123