User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's the Rat?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 198

Thread: Who's The Rat?

  1. #181
    Yoyo's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Last Place You Want to be During a Zombie Outbreak
    Posts
    40
    I'm not going to read every page but I believe its bill because he called out for a Sandy. I'm willing to bet Scratch is Sandy and he had a connection to her give up the tower. I'm also willing to bet that he was just going down stairs to possibly help the mallers get in and just died just as fast. As for motivation, he was willing to have Sandy to come up so far as to betray the tower to the mallers. My theory at least. Though, no evidence to support that but however improvable the answer the most likely it is. Or however way you say that super butchered sherlock holms quote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #182
    Adventureless_Hero's Avatar
    "Researcher"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    795
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Crap. I just stared at the list of names and kept reasoning out each character.
    Saul: Get the fuck out if you think he is the rat.
    Angel: I thought maybe yes, but figure that he is greatly invested in The Tower. Why the hell would he want jump ship? Despite the possibility of some tie between he and Scratch, I don't think it's a friendly one. You can tell he hates that ...witch.
    Kelly: She was drunk at the time and having a blast. She may have called the Mallers earlier, especially since Tommy was on duty and she could have bullied the kid into not mentioning shit. Plus she is a lawyer and unless she was a prosecutor I'm willing to bet that she has had relationships with criminals, atleast on a professional level. At the time this all was going on she had a rocky relationship with Michael, but she did support his/Peggs idea of throwing a party which meant that she possibly knew the Tower would be vunerable to attack so she could call her buddies at the mall and tell them to attack...shit! I actually have no reason to say Kelly isn't the mole. Sure, she's been cool as shit lately, but at the time...who knows?
    Burt: Stfu, do you really think he has a pact with ol' Scarface?
    Bill: Very possible, though he was too uneasy about trusting people in his own building. What makes you think he's going to contact former inmates? He was hording food and ammo, but I think that was for selfish reasons, not to take away from the Towers defense when the Mallers attacked. Plus he went out fighting which says a lot about his stance with the Mallers.
    Pegs: Nah. She's just too sweet and adorable to do something underhanded like that. Plus she's numero uno on Scratch's shit list. She called the Mallers on the CB just so she could kill Latch? Yeah, that's an awesome theory. Right up there with Johnson having Kennedy killed just so he could finally be president...
    Lizzy: Nope. I don't think she's a fan of being raped. Latch and Scratch seemed to imply that they wanted to enter a brother and sister tag team match with Lizzie. You don't have to be a psychiatrist to figure out how she would feel about that.
    Riley: Hmmm. I don't think there has been any motive for Riley to be the rat. Unless she is really that sick of "Peegz"
    Datu: Seeing and hearing Samantha torn to shreds really screwed with his mind for a while. He may have tried to drop the A-bomb on the tower by contacting the Mallers, but it's doubtful. It would be a hell of a kick in the gut to learn our sweet little Datu is the mole, but I don't think he is. Things were going rather well for him at the Tower, and he appears to consider the other survivors as his family. Even after the death of Samantha I don't think that Datu would have turned into such a fatalist that he'd betray the Tower.

    Then you have people like Steven and Kalani. Kalani is shady and I'm not quite sure where I stand on him being the mole. I lean towards no because he's our pilot. He's going to be the one to fly everyone the fuck out of there, then die. As for Steven, well I'm not sure yet because we've only seen him be an asshole recently. Before this he was just some other survivor. Who knows? Maybe we'll find out he was the bastard that fired the infamous first shot; the shot heard round the tower!

    So at this point, I kind hate to say it, but I'm leaning towards Kelly being the mole. She may be carrying the burden of knowing that she was responsible for Tommy's death and that is why we've seen such a major change in her character. That's my guess.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

  3. #183
    Hellbringer's Avatar
    Gatherer of Degrees

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,041
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    What if... what if it was someone else altogether? This might have been brought up before, but with Stephen and Mary's names just mentioned in chapter 20, and we (well I don't anyways) don't know all the survivors' names. Imagine if it was Billy Murray or Ving Rhames or Sarah Polley. Okay, maybe no one from a previously made zombie movie, but you get my drift... there's still people in the Tower group who we don't know yet.

    I still go with "Bill" as my rat, but to me, if he isn't the one (and probably isn't for plot reasons because a dead man can't talk unless he kept a journal) then I toss my vote into one of the Tower's unknown resident.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

  4. #184
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,557
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    So at this point, I kind hate to say it, but I'm leaning towards Kelly being the mole. She may be carrying the burden of knowing that she was responsible for Tommy's death and that is why we've seen such a major change in her character. That's my guess.
    I'm just going to bring this up as an explanation that (I don't think) has been mentioned about Kelly's transformation (and I only bring this up because I'm currently relistening to the series). Her transformation into a team player began when she was hunting for the thief. She made good points and even though she was still bitchy, she was doing the right thing.

    Also, remember the last interaction she appeared to have with Tommy. She was trying to throw him out of the Tower. That's the last time we heard them talk to each other. It's always that thing you hear people say when talking about loved ones who die suddenly: "I wish I hadn't said this to them before they died", or "I was so angry with them and never told them how I felt" etc etc.

    Just throwing that out there.

    Also in the relisten that I caught that I haven't seen mentioned: Bill very soundly accuses Michael et al for losing all the ammo. Chapter 12-2 ~15 minute mark. It doesn't sound like he was putting on an act...he sounded legitimately pissed off that things got screwed up that badly.

    So here's an interesting question: What if Bill actually didn't steal anything? What if he was framed for being the thief to throw everyone off the Rat's tracks?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  5. #185
    Th3_T3ch's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ashland, OR
    Posts
    192
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I seriously don't see Bill as the rat. He only stole food and supplies knowing that Michael would let the tower get infested again. When the war came, Bill realized that the mallers weren't going to let him live so he put in with the Tower and tried to make a stand. He then blew up and said sorry for stealing the food and supplies.

    I don't like it when two people post at the same time because this happens, My post is in regards to HellBringers post.
    Last edited by Th3_T3ch; Mar 25th, 2011 at 03:03 PM.

  6. #186
    Adventureless_Hero's Avatar
    "Researcher"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    795
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'm just going to bring this up as an explanation that (I don't think) has been mentioned about Kelly's transformation (and I only bring this up because I'm currently relistening to the series). Her transformation into a team player began when she was hunting for the thief. She made good points and even though she was still bitchy, she was doing the right thing.

    Also, remember the last interaction she appeared to have with Tommy. She was trying to throw him out of the Tower. That's the last time we heard them talk to each other. It's always that thing you hear people say when talking about loved ones who die suddenly: "I wish I hadn't said this to them before they died", or "I was so angry with them and never told them how I felt" etc etc.

    Just throwing that out there.

    Also in the relisten that I caught that I haven't seen mentioned: Bill very soundly accuses Michael et al for losing all the ammo. Chapter 12-2 ~15 minute mark. It doesn't sound like he was putting on an act...he sounded legitimately pissed off that things got screwed up that badly.

    So here's an interesting question: What if Bill actually didn't steal anything? What if he was framed for being the thief to throw everyone off the Rat's tracks?
    Very good point. Still I think Bill's "I'm sorry." was his apology for hoarding the food & supplies. Plus it would have to be a very, very crafty person that could take the spare key to unlock Datu's locks, turn on the elevator, and move the supplies into Bill's apartment without Bill noticing. You could revise that already pretty cool theory of yours by saying that someone was in league with Bill.

    As for Kelly's transformation, I agree that she was starting to change after Michael tossed her out in to the rain. She seemed to want to do the right thing from that point on, even if it meant kicking Tommy out. But in the beginning she was such a sneaky broad that I still believe she could have contacted the Mallers while pretending to support Michaels rules. The death of Tommy may have been the bitch slap she needed to realize "Hey, contacting the Mallers was fucked up. I really should support Michael rather than just pretend to." I dunno. I think it's the fact that she's a lawyer that keeps nagging at my mind. I think she may have had relationships some folks at Eastern Bay. I wanted to say that she may have even been visiting a client at the time of the outbreak, but with Tommy being under her watch that was unlikely. Still, just think for this on a second, What if Durai sent Kelly to the Tower as a mole but under Michaels broken wing she cast off her Maller side and became a 100% Tower devoted survivor?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

  7. #187
    Th3_T3ch's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ashland, OR
    Posts
    192
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    As much as I believe Kalani is the rat, I have to say that Kelly was a shifty character, emphasis on the WAS. Kelly was almost killed in the rain, since then she knew she couldn't make it out there on her own. She might have been in contact with someone from eastern bay if she was that type of lawyer. I don't think she was, I think she was just an attorney that gives advice, she was really picky about the rules.

  8. #188
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,557
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Very good point. Still I think Bill's "I'm sorry." was his apology for hoarding the food & supplies. Plus it would have to be a very, very crafty person that could take the spare key to unlock Datu's locks, turn on the elevator, and move the supplies into Bill's apartment without Bill noticing. You could revise that already pretty cool theory of yours by saying that someone was in league with Bill.
    The wouldn't have had to turn the elevator on. Datu left the elevator up on Bill's floor and turned off the power. All the person would have to know if the elevator was left up there in order to frame it. Bill's apology could also have been a general apology for being an asshat. Do I necessarily believe that? Nah. Not really. I'm just prompting the conversation.

    As for Kelly's transformation, I agree that she was starting to change after Michael tossed her out in to the rain. She seemed to want to do the right thing from that point on, even if it meant kicking Tommy out. But in the beginning she was such a sneaky broad that I still believe she could have contacted the Mallers while pretending to support Michaels rules. The death of Tommy may have been the bitch slap she needed to realize "Hey, contacting the Mallers was fucked up. I really should support Michael rather than just pretend to." I dunno. I think it's the fact that she's a lawyer that keeps nagging at my mind. I think she may have had relationships some folks at Eastern Bay. I wanted to say that she may have even been visiting a client at the time of the outbreak, but with Tommy being under her watch that was unlikely. Still, just think for this on a second, What if Durai sent Kelly to the Tower as a mole but under Michaels broken wing she cast off her Maller side and became a 100% Tower devoted survivor?
    Kelly wasn't at the office with a client at the time of the outbreak. She was with Tommy and his sister at her home. Tommy's mother dropped them off to Kelly. The other issue with Kelly being sent in as a Mole in the manner you were suggesting is that Durai would have to know about the Tower's existence within the first 3 days of the outbreak.

    But you are correct. The crux of the "Kelly did it" argument is that if she was the rat, the death of Tommy would send her into a guilty tail spin. Now it's up to Kc to make the case for one of us to laugh at everyone else for the rest of time.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  9. #189
    iheartkc's Avatar
    "Lurker"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    pegs is harmless, and whiny as hell
    Exactly why I voted for Pegs (well, the harmless part). I think she could have been led astray by voices on the radio (cause she tends to assume others are harmless, too) purporting to be good but they were actually the evil mallers. ALSO it would make excellent tension between Michael & Pegs when she has to tell him it was her fault and then he'll have to struggle with forgiveness and all that. I know there are some holes, but its just a theory. Forgive me if somebody's already suggested it.

  10. #190
    Ra1th's Avatar
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,145
    Blog Entries
    3
    Blog Entries
    3

    Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartkc View Post
    Exactly why I voted for Pegs (well, the harmless part). I think she could have been led astray by voices on the radio (cause she tends to assume others are harmless, too) purporting to be good but they were actually were the evil mallers. ALSO it would make excellent tension between Michael & Pegs when she has to tell him it was her fault and then he'll have to struggle with forgiveness and all that. I know there are some holes, but its just a theory. Forgive me if somebody's already suggested it.
    it has been suggested, and the reason it fails is because pegs would not be able to keep up the lie. it's very possible she was lead astray by the voices on the radio, but we saw what happened to her when she killed latch. she was dying of guilt until his body was returned. exactly what would happen if she was the reason the whole war happened int hte first place? she's die of guilt. and the other thing is, Pegs cant lie. If pegs was the mole, then this whole time she's kept up this amazing facade saying she's innocent. Which Pegs is not capable of doing. she's way too honest. so no, it cant be pegs, if you want more detail, there's an article called towergate on the front page explaining who it could be and who it couldnt be
    Angel's #1 Fan


 
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •