User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Grognaurd's Avatar
    We're Alive Sponsor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,588
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

    CJ and Glenn, another look

    Ok, so going back to when CJ, Glenn etal are at Dunbar, there is a scene that puzzles me. CJ is going to exile Glen and Pete to a safe house. Glenn says I wasnt going to say anything, CJ cuts him off and leads them out of the room. She says come here and I'll get you some supplies. Seemingly straight forward. It can be a simple device to allow Saul an Vic to reform their plan. But, then I go WTF...

    When Saul and Vic go to catchup with CJ, Glenn and Pete, the door is closed. Still, not all that strange, but CJ says We're Busy! What? Busy getting supplies? Some bottled water and maybe some canned goods?

    Like I said, could be nothing, but I always feel there is a lot hiding in plain view. Is it some sort of pledge of loyalty like a family thing. Is it a secret she does not want Saul to hear.
    Likes scbubba, Bakkie-Pleur, LiamKerrington liked this post

  2. #2
    Duffusmonkey's Avatar
    Zombie humper

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    375
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

    Glenn can be a prissy bitch sometimes, CJ was probably reminding him that only women sit to pee.

    As soon as I start to like Glenn he starts to do that indigant wine!

    You left us at the colony to be abused by the Mallers (its your fault they are sadistic bitches).

    Only the residents had a vote (even though I didn't want to back to the colony after I abandoned it to get the help of the people who shouldn't have the right to vote)
    Likes runs4theheckofit, scbubba liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

  3. #3
    Grognaurd's Avatar
    We're Alive Sponsor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,588
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Glenn:
    One of the strangest things Glenn says is when Victor takes Michael to see him for the first time.

    "Have you been Drinking?". Actually, Victor had just been drinking with Michael. He says no. Glenn says Drat, I thought you might have some left over.

    Is "Drinking" a euphemism for something else?

    ==

    CJ
    I posted in the 38-2 thread that I have not recalled ever seeing CJ so off her game as when Burt is resisting her "charms". That is When she kisses Saul. She seemed genuinely confused that Saul did not become enthralled.

    I know I tend to see a conspiracy behind every bear crapping in the woods masked by the sound of one palm tree falling, but what Scratch says in Seaon three about why the other tower has to be found. Because what they might be. I just find it hard to believe that a group of prisoners is that fixated on another group of survivors after the death of billions of people because there might be a prison guard or a SWAT dude there.

    There is so much in this story that we do not know. I do not know if KC is going to dole the bills out a few at a time or is going to have a make it rain episode. We better start stocking up on
    Likes Red Shirt, Witch_Doctor, Hoff4D, scbubba liked this post

  4. #4
    7oddisdead's Avatar
    omnipresent

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    4
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries
    4

    Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Glenn:
    One of the strangest things Glenn says is when Victor takes Michael to see him for the first time.

    "Have you been Drinking?". Actually, Victor had just been drinking with Michael. He says no. Glenn says Drat, I thought you might have some left over.

    Is "Drinking" a euphemism for something else?

    ==

    CJ
    I posted in the 38-2 thread that I have not recalled ever seeing CJ so off her game as when Burt is resisting her "charms". That is When she kisses Saul. She seemed genuinely confused that Saul did not become enthralled.

    I know I tend to see a conspiracy behind every bear crapping in the woods masked by the sound of one palm tree falling, but what Scratch says in Seaon three about why the other tower has to be found. Because what they might be. I just find it hard to believe that a group of prisoners is that fixated on another group of survivors after the death of billions of people because there might be a prison guard or a SWAT dude there.

    There is so much in this story that we do not know. I do not know if KC is going to dole the bills out a few at a time or is going to have a make it rain episode. We better start stocking up on
    seriously, dude... I love when you post things like this. funny and points galore..the way all posts should be
    I also question exactly what your saying. certain aspects of the story need a "suspension of disbelief" but...damn. I agree, of all the things to worry about..why some other group of survivors? I guess the question I have in relation to that is how would the mallers even know who is in "the other tower"? obviously they did not have a spy there otherwise they would have taken the place out before ink did. shit, for that matter how would they know the other tower even existed without knowing someone who ended up there? gotta say, the whole other tower/mallers storyline makes me head spin. circular logic abounds, here there be snakey dragons eating tails...

    and drinking is a metaphor for....drinking. never look to deeply into references about booze...
    KAW

    W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

  5. #5
    scbubba's Avatar
    Browncoat

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,590
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    CJ
    I posted in the 38-2 thread that I have not recalled ever seeing CJ so off her game as when Burt is resisting her "charms". That is When she kisses Saul. She seemed genuinely confused that Saul did not become enthralled.

    I know I tend to see a conspiracy behind every bear crapping in the woods masked by the sound of one palm tree falling, but what Scratch says in Seaon three about why the other tower has to be found. Because what they might be. I just find it hard to believe that a group of prisoners is that fixated on another group of survivors after the death of billions of people because there might be a prison guard or a SWAT dude there.

    There is so much in this story that we do not know. I do not know if KC is going to dole the bills out a few at a time or is going to have a make it rain episode. We better start stocking up on
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    seriously, dude... I love when you post things like this. funny and points galore..the way all posts should be
    I also question exactly what your saying. certain aspects of the story need a "suspension of disbelief" but...damn. I agree, of all the things to worry about..why some other group of survivors? I guess the question I have in relation to that is how would the mallers even know who is in "the other tower"? obviously they did not have a spy there otherwise they would have taken the place out before ink did. shit, for that matter how would they know the other tower even existed without knowing someone who ended up there? gotta say, the whole other tower/mallers storyline makes me head spin. circular logic abounds, here there be snakey dragons eating tails...

    and drinking is a metaphor for....drinking. never look to deeply into references about booze...
    Definitely agree with 7odd, love your posts Grog!
    I don't know if I missed Scratch's quote about what they might be before, but now that you mention it, it does stand out.
    I guess I filed Scratch/Durai/Maller interest in the Towers away as just survival. Obviously, multiple people had the idea that Tower would make a good place to buildup and hunker down or even do long term survival. The Mallers didn't have a great position in the Mall compared to the perceived benefit of the Towers, I guess.

    Anway, Scratch's quote makes it sound more, deliberate, no, personal. Who would she or Durai (as the leaders/planners) want to go after personally at either Tower?

    - Revenge for things that happened? Doesn't seem likely to me.

    - Safety and survival? Possibly but what specifically? Did the Mallers know that the residents of one or both Towers were soldiers or LEO? Would that matter much to them?

    - Family members? Could be. With the fierce loyalty that we are to assume Family members have, maybe Durai and/or Scratch are supposed to seek out other members. Maybe they know (how?) that one or more Family members are holed up in a big apartment building *somewhere* in the city and they figure they can impose and get in.

    Not sure, but the wheels are turning on this now. Thanks for getting them going, Grog!
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

  6. #6
    Grognaurd's Avatar
    We're Alive Sponsor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,588
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    It is not like the Tower or the Other Tower are the only towers in LA. I know the timeline has The Fuel Depot happening close to the Water Works, but it cannot be. A food and water dispensor for Lady is designed for a few days maybe a week not a month or more. Second, Lizzy says the sweat bottles are three weeks worth of work when they are looking for the stolen supplies after the arena.

    So, about one week into the Outbreak, Durai is already making plans to fire bomb a nest.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Oct 4th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

  7. #7
    Grognaurd's Avatar
    We're Alive Sponsor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,588
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    here is a time stamp if you want to go back and listen. I was not quite right. Could vs might, but here is goes...

    Kalani: what did these poeple do to piss you all off?
    Tardust: Not exactly what they have done...
    Scratch: It is what they could be.

    ~ 6:30 Chapter 27 part 2
    Likes scbubba liked this post

  8. #8
    Hoff4D's Avatar
    Got any Reynolds Wrap?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    393
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    here is a time stamp if you want to go back and listen. I was not quite right. Could vs might, but here is goes...

    Kalani: what did these poeple do to piss you all off?
    Tardust: Not exactly what they have done...
    Scratch: It is what they could be.

    ~ 6:30 Chapter 27 part 2
    Not sure it adds much, I'm going to have to go back and listen, but I think we were left breadcrumbs to the idea that the Mallers saw a convoy/search party of large size....assuming some things on what they saw and figured they NEEDED the other tower. Based on CJ's route to bring Saul/Victor into the tower and the maps/advice she gave Michael, I think one of Seans crews might've been spotted by the Mallers. The Mallers followed them back to some outpost, regrouped and planned an attack to take the post. Problem is when they attacked, it was just one of CJs safehouses with a hidden underground tunnel to Dunbar. The Mallers just never found the tunnel, only an empty building not sustainable for the group they had, so they were forced back to the Mall. I mean, they DO have an idea of where the tower is...perhaps this is why

    So basically, the Mallers knew there was a sizeable group out scavenging, they made it back to some place, and when the place was searched no one was to be found. So they're impressed by their survival tactics and NEED their resources.



    anyone?
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

  9. #9
    Grognaurd's Avatar
    We're Alive Sponsor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,588
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    It is an off week, so I will bump this. I like to look for things a little out of place and for similar patterns.

    This could be nothing, but I am going to draw a parallel to another strange happening. Where was Saul? I have a thread about it, but briefly, the first night, LA has fallen, Michael goes a guard duty. Angel and Saul go to sleep. Michael raises the alarm, we hear Saul say what or something. Angel runs to the door, says I forgot the keys, runs back to room, runs back to Michael and Saul shows up after. Where was Saul? Why couldn't he get his shit squared and run to the alarm?

    Fast forward
    Season 3, to me CJ's we're busy comment is a lot like season 1. A delay that is seemingly out of place.

    Maybe it is simply stagecraft to reduce the number of characters in any given moment, but maybe there is something go on

  10. #10
    skankyfish's Avatar
    "Scavenger"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    86
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurLoved5000 Experience Points

    Gamertag: skankyfish PSN ID: MrsFresh Steam ID: skankyfish Raptr ID: skankyfish
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    - Family members? Could be. With the fierce loyalty that we are to assume Family members have, maybe Durai and/or Scratch are supposed to seek out other members. Maybe they know (how?) that one or more Family members are holed up in a big apartment building *somewhere* in the city and they figure they can impose and get in.
    Family members like Angel...? OR Family enemies? Maybe they think there's someone in the second tower who's...problematic for the Family in some way?


 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •