User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Jay013's Avatar
    "Lurker"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    4
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsWell Liked

    Bill "Ink" Roberts theory (not what you think)

    While re-listening to the entire show for the past week and a half, I realized something. Back in season one, Bill Roberts was sent to the hospital, the MENTAL hospital. He was diagnosed with severe schizophrenia. Here's where my theory kicks in.

    What if none of this is real? The riot started right after "Ink" was sent to the mental hospital. We know that he's relevant to the story somehow, otherwise, he wouldn't have been mentioned in the news report. What if when "Ink" was sent to the mental hospital, he couldn't handle the event, and so his schizophrenia took over and allowed him to cope. What if the first biter, all the zombies, the big ones, TOWM, pinstripes, the numbered ones...What if they are just figures of his hallucinations? Actually, it makes even more sense. Pinstripes, TOWM, and Skittle's Coloured one all act like the main leader of the creatures. If it is Bill, he would be the one to take those roles as the fantasy revolves around him. It's his world.

    Take it even further, Everyone from the Tower, the other Tower, the mallers, the Colonists, Irwin, Boulder, all the human characters have one thing in common. They all talk.

    Schizophrenia causes both visual and auditory hallucinations. When we put our earphones in, we listen to the voices. If you had schizophrenia, you would hear voices in your head. We're Alive is a radio show, a very well done radio show. It easily disguises the second meaning of the story.

    To sum it up, the We're Alive universe was created by Bill Roberts in a schizophrenic fit. It's in the form of a radio show so that it is as if we're "Ink" listening to the voices in his head.

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jay013; Sep 20th, 2013 at 06:53 PM.

  2. #2
    thisonegirl's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    111
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Ok, since this is your first post, and you just apparently joined this month and year, I have to know before I post any potential spoilers for you: How caught up are you?

    I like where you're going, but I won't post more 'til I know hoe caught up or how comfortable you are with spoilers.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Hanniekuma liked this post
    Tomorrow we may die, so let's get drunk and make love!

    "I cannot stress enough how funny this film is due to the delivery of every poorly written line. Keanu Reeves is crying."- attributed to SRRD

  3. #3
    Jay013's Avatar
    "Lurker"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    4
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsWell Liked
    "re-listening to the entire show"

    This would be my third time around that I'm listening to it. I've been listening since season one ended. I'm completely caught up. so yeah.

  4. #4
    Hanniekuma's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

    Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    Ok, since this is your first post, and you just apparently joined this month and year, I have to know before I post any potential spoilers for you: How caught up are you?

    I like where you're going, but I won't post more 'til I know hoe caught up or how comfortable you are with spoilers.
    THIS is why I love this forum SOOO much!
    Likes thisonegirl liked this post
    "What was that again? I couldn't hear you over my awesomeness!"

  5. #5
    thisonegirl's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    111
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Ok, first, normally I'm disappointed by stories that end with "it was all a dream". It tells me that you don't think your alternate universe is quite good, and it almost feels like a disclaimer at the end of a now-cheapened story. If it's "all a dream" since the beginning then it's different. Take Sucker Punch, for instance.

    Anyway, with that said, I'm not sure I'd be disappointed if WA ended up being Bill Robert's hallucination. If this was all Ink's hallucination, I might be okay with that. I like the theory, but I have a few questions, mainly how do you explain the "talking" zombie that Victor and Michael encounter?
    I'll be willing to accept it might be a doctor or nurse, but I'm not entirely content with that answer.

    Although schizophrenia also causes bizarre or unexplained delusions/hallucinations, and that would fit in nicely with your theory, it is also culpable for disorganized thinking and as the story progresses the story seems to be tidying up and cutting it's loose ends, so how does that fit in to the theory?
    Likes Sin Angel, Hanniekuma liked this post
    Tomorrow we may die, so let's get drunk and make love!

    "I cannot stress enough how funny this film is due to the delivery of every poorly written line. Keanu Reeves is crying."- attributed to SRRD

  6. #6
    Hanniekuma's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

    I've always loved stories that make you ask the question, " Is this real?" Movies like Identity, Momento, Inception, Dream House..and on and on and on..Awwwyeah!

    again, I'm showing my age on this> the only "it really wasn't real" storyline I hated, and to this day the thought of it makes me Hulk out, is the resolution to the original Dallas tv series, " Who Shot Bobby" season. grrrrrrrr.
    "What was that again? I couldn't hear you over my awesomeness!"

  7. #7
    thisonegirl's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    111
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    Ok, since this is your first post, and you just apparently joined this month and year, I have to know before I post any potential spoilers for you: How caught up are you?

    I like where you're going, but I won't post more 'til I know hoe caught up or how comfortable you are with spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniekuma View Post
    THIS is why I love this forum SOOO much!

    It's also a slight warning to them newbies who really need that second chance to go, "Ok, yeah, I don't wanna know, yet."
    Tomorrow we may die, so let's get drunk and make love!

    "I cannot stress enough how funny this film is due to the delivery of every poorly written line. Keanu Reeves is crying."- attributed to SRRD

  8. #8
    Jay013's Avatar
    "Lurker"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    4
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    Ok, first, normally I'm disappointed by stories that end with "it was all a dream". It tells me that you don't think your alternate universe is quite good, and it almost feels like a disclaimer at the end of a now-cheapened story. If it's "all a dream" since the beginning then it's different. Take Sucker Punch, for instance.

    Anyway, with that said, I'm not sure I'd be disappointed if WA ended up being Bill Robert's hallucination. If this was all Ink's hallucination, I might be okay with that. I like the theory, but I have a few questions, mainly how do you explain the "talking" zombie that Victor and Michael encounter?
    I'll be willing to accept it might be a doctor or nurse, but I'm not entirely content with that answer.

    Although schizophrenia also causes bizarre or unexplained delusions/hallucinations, and that would fit in nicely with your theory, it is also culpable for disorganized thinking and as the story progresses the story seems to be tidying up and cutting it's loose ends, so how does that fit in to the theory?

    Well, with schizophrenia, you can have voices of different personalities, just like someone with multiple personality disorder. So while you can have "good" voices, you can also have "bad" voices. These are the ones that usually make people act erratically and violently. Talking creatures could be Robert's bad voices.

  9. #9
    thisonegirl's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    111
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniekuma View Post
    I've always loved stories that make you ask the question, " Is this real?" Movies like Identity, Momento, Inception, Dream House..and on and on and on..Awwwyeah!

    again, I'm showing my age on this> the only "it really wasn't real" storyline I hated, and to this day the thought of it makes me Hulk out, is the resolution to the original Dallas tv series, " Who Shot Bobby" season. grrrrrrrr.
    Yeah, but look at the movies you put up, Memento and Inception you know from the beginning something's not entirely right. Shutter Island is a fine movie that I have to admit I love and it's because of that last scene.

    Like I said I won't be totally disappointed if WA does this, because it's a very interesting twist in not just in the story itself, but in how they're telling the story or as Jay013 put it:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay013 View Post
    When we put our earphones in, we listen to the voices.
    Likes Hanniekuma liked this post
    Tomorrow we may die, so let's get drunk and make love!

    "I cannot stress enough how funny this film is due to the delivery of every poorly written line. Keanu Reeves is crying."- attributed to SRRD

  10. #10
    Hanniekuma's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

    Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    It's also a slight warning to them newbies who really need that second chance to go, "Ok, yeah, I don't wanna know, yet."
    Another thing I love is that no one ever made me feel like a newbie. Everyone is considerate and understanding and wait for you to catch up!
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post
    "What was that again? I couldn't hear you over my awesomeness!"


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •