User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Musical preferences

Just another zombie-unrelated thread,, this time focusing on music! Something we all love - be it blues, jazz, metal or R&B. Or something else entirely.

I was wondering what kind of music you guys are into. After all, if people have similar tastes it can be a great way to discover something new.

I myself mostly listen to hard rock and metal - usual melodic or progressive. My favourite artist is Alter Bridge, hands down, followed by Avenged Sevenfold, Amorphis, Kamelot and Escape the Fate.
    I am very nit-picky with the vocals though: I absolutely dislike grunting or screaming vocals - clean ones all the way. I love metal for it's guitar riffs, the drums and the melodies.

Still, I do listen to Indi and underground or alternative songs when I'm in the mood. Think John Butler Trio, I Am Kloot, Tallest Man on Earth, the list goes on.

I tend to listen to complete albums instead of single songs, and even more-so with concept albums.
    My favourite albums are AB III and Blackbird by Alter Bridge, followed by Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold, Skyforger by Amorphis, and The Black Halo and Poetry for the Poisoned by Kamelot.

And of course I have a Last.FM page, as music really is a passion for me. There's pretty much always something playing here.

Also, since I really love to listen to the details in each song I try to have as much as possible in FLAC or OGG. I try to avoid MP3 whenever possible, though 320kb/s is okay until I can acquire a better copy.
    To actually be able to hear the difference, I have an Auzentech soundcard that's connected to my Z-5500 optically.

What about you guys? Love to see if there's something I haven't heard of before!
    "All I ask is for a chance to prove that money can't buy happiness."

Creator of the one and only "Picture Wars" - 2500 posts and counting.

Evil Overlord in The Evil League of Evil

"Scavenger"

Status
    Dont mean to bash a thread but we do have a what you are listening to thread
    http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showt...u-listening-to

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    True, but that's only about what's playing right now - not about what you like in general.
    If you ask me, there's a significant difference.
    "All I ask is for a chance to prove that money can't buy happiness."

Creator of the one and only "Picture Wars" - 2500 posts and counting.

Evil Overlord in The Evil League of Evil

"Scavenger"

Status
    then by all means let me be the next person to post about it xP

I listen to Punk Rock and Ska Mostly

Punk wise i listen to stuff like the Castualties, The Exploited, Rancid, Operation Ivy*early Rancid* stuff like that.
    Ska wise i listen to more 3rd wave ska like The Toasters or the Real big fish or SKankin' Pickle. or Streetlight Manifesto.
    and i also Love Psychobilly bands like Tiger Army and Zombie Ghost Train.

you'll see them in my posts in the what are you listening to thread a lot im sure cause im a fan of those type of threads when im just sitting at my computer listening to music haha

"Scavenger"

Status
    I suppose I mainly listen to old folk music. Woody Guthrie, Reverend Gary Davis, Leadbelly, Jean Ritchie, Pete Seeger. Actually I'm going to see Pete Seeger at the Clearwater festival this summer.

On the more eclectic side, I really dig Billy Bragg, Beck, Wilco, Bob Dylan (pretty much everything from his career), The Be Good Tanyas (RIP), Buddy Holly, Sufjan Stevens, and Tom Waits. Oh, and did I mention Billy Bragg? Cause I really dig Billy Bragg. really.

Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    I am very nit-picky with the vocals though: I absolutely dislike grunting or screaming vocals - clean ones all the way. I love metal for it's guitar riffs, the drums and the melodies.
    I feel you. The screaming just gets on my nerves, but when they come my way, hard rock and metal are both known to make me very happy. Reminds me of old times.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Wow. So far, everyone is unique in this conversation. Let me continue that trend.

General day to day, love me some Alt Rock (past and present). My radio is usually tuned to Alt Nation (sirus 21/XM 18) at home and in the car. Love most anything w/ a good bass beat in it. Electronic and Rap are always favs in the car when i'm in the mood to make the speakers bleed. I've got a sub in the back, love me some lows (when those pipe bombs dropped i almost wet myself).

A list of artists i've gone thru recently. OceanLab, Blind Mellon, Pearl Jam, Outkast, CeeLo/GnarlesBarklay, MyChemicalRomance, BrokenBells, Mephiskapheles, JethroTull, Outlaws. AfexTwin, Ludachris, Lil Jon, TheCure, Coheed&Cambria.

Forget country tho.

Fav band. I've had a few, but it always comes back to Blind Mellon's Mouthful of Cavities. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMY-n9MF6o (god damn heroin, takes the best of em).

"Scavenger"

Status
    Rock or Metal mainly.

I like soundtrack music too. Like music from video games and movies etc.

My favourite artists would be: Oasis, RUSH, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motorhead and a whole host more.
    Twitter: ITheKTrainI
    Rush in the O2 in Dublin was Awesome!!

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Iiiiii listen to... punk, ska, reggae, rap, r&b, grunge, riot grrrl, classic rock, old funk, metal, rock and some classic country, 90s and early 2000 era emo. Hmmm...

I like some club music too.

I'm pretty all over the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    Fav band. I've had a few, but it always comes back to Blind Mellon's Mouthful of Cavities. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMY-n9MF6o (god damn heroin, takes the best of em).
    Mouthful is a great one but seriously Change... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqvIUcfBcw

It's one of the songs that I'd have for sure on the sound track of my life.
    Last edited by mascaria; Feb 3rd, 2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Skittles fangirl
    Riley + mascaria =

"Scavenger"

Status
    I'm like K Train. I like soundtracks too, but I also like Metal. I have a Zune pass (because Zune is the best) and I'm going to look for some of the artists you talked about, Capslock. I like metal but I also prefer good vocals and not just grunting and screaming. But that's a hard thing to find in music.
    "In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have neither winced, nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance, my head is bloody, but unbowed." INVICTUS

"Hoarder"

Status
    8 bit - - makes me feel like i'm playing old school games...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...bit+music&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5cnEVavDTo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast