User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Modern Sofa, big TV? Not many flat screens way back when...

image.jpgimage.jpg

Meh, I still suck at this stuff...
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Jun 6th, 2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: It is always something
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Modern Sofa, big TV? Not many flat screens way back when...

image.jpgimage.jpg

Meh, I still suck at this stuff...
    Ha!!! Rooming with Riley and Pegs Three's Company Style. Nice. Hey, It's great to see you back on the forum.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

I know that it has been asked in the past. But, what would it take to get We're Alive to do Live shows across the U.S. Or even go International? Yes, I know money is a big factor. However, I see the likes of Nightvale going around doing live shows and I wonder what the difference is? I admit that I do not know the first thing about this issue. And I do understand that there are more sound effects in We're Alive shows.
    It is just obvious to me that KC's work far exceeds the quality of Welcome to Nightvale, or other shows like it. I want nothing more than continued success, ....... And more content.... Lots more content.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by KPCoyote View Post
    I know that it has been asked in the past. But, what would it take to get We're Alive to do Live shows across the U.S. Or even go International? Yes, I know money is a big factor. However, I see the likes of Nightvale going around doing live shows and I wonder what the difference is? I admit that I do not know the first thing about this issue. And I do understand that there are more sound effects in We're Alive shows.
    It is just obvious to me that KC's work far exceeds the quality of Welcome to Nightvale, or other shows like it. I want nothing more than continued success, ....... And more content.... Lots more content.
    For an analogy. Think of taking a band on tour, especially a band whose band members went their separate ways and are now going to do a greatest hits tour. The members are doing their solo thing or are with new bands, so just coordinating their schedules would be a gigantic hurdle and headache. Then there's the stage guys, sound and lighting tech crew, let alone the backstage production people that need to be transported from place to place and housed and fed. Locating and booking the right sized venues, as well as the cost of promoting the gigs. The CD and T-shirt sales are sometimes the difference of making money or not on a tour. The only people guaranteed to make money are the venues.

Yes an audio drama likely doesn't have to truck around drum kits and stacks of Marshall amps, but the planning, coordination and associated costs would not be much different from a band.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat E View Post
    For an analogy. Think of taking a band on tour, especially a band whose band members went their separate ways and are now going to do a greatest hits tour. The members are doing their solo thing or are with new bands, so just coordinating their schedules would be a gigantic hurdle and headache. Then there's the stage guys, sound and lighting tech crew, let alone the backstage production people that need to be transported from place to place and housed and fed. Locating and booking the right sized venues, as well as the cost of promoting the gigs. The CD and T-shirt sales are sometimes the difference of making money or not on a tour. The only people guaranteed to make money are the venues.

Yes an audio drama likely doesn't have to truck around drum kits and stacks of Marshall amps, but the planning, coordination and associated costs would not be much different from a band.
    Good points.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by KPCoyote View Post
    Good points.
    Now there are times where it could work by sharing a lot of the inherent costs by joining another tour band or production. Like being an opening act for a band or being the headliner. In this case, audio dramas or podcasts on tour.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat E View Post
    Now there are times where it could work by sharing a lot of the inherent costs by joining another tour band or production. Like being an opening act for a band or being the headliner. In this case, audio dramas or podcasts on tour.
    I'm just going to buy lottery tickets until I win and can make a huge donation. It's a dream I have.

"Lurker"

Status

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

"Lurker"

Status
    here in Germany we have only small shops providing stuff for professional hunters and marksman-sportsters. dickssportinggoods feedback www.lowes.com survey
    Last edited by gulsimsur; Apr 20th, 2022 at 08:27 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Awesome CP!! Good Job. That's more in line with how I imagined the one in the story looked.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415