User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Gay Marriage!!!

  1. #21
    LiamKerrington's Avatar
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lower Saxony
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    4
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    wow dude, way to do exactly what you accused him of. did you actually read the op?



    his exact views on gay marriage are highlighted above. notice a distinct lack of "religious nonsense," just a personal view which he is distinctly unwilling to push or force on anyone else. now while we may assume it is based on religious values based on his understanding of the religious institution of marriage, he doesn't come close to throwing around scripture. the entire rest of the post has nothing to do with gay marriage, and is entirely based on, what looks to me like, a misunderstanding on the difference between the legal institution of marriage and the religious one. what i see in your post is an attack on someone who used a hot button topic to pose a question, not a debate on the topic itself. what i see in your response is that you essentially accuse him of being un-civil, and ignorant.

    stock-photo-166964-hammer-and-nail.jpg
    Meaning: Full acknowledgement. You nailed it!
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Jan 4th, 2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

  2. #22
    Wicked Sid's Avatar
    6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    686
    Blog Entries
    5
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    5
    I didn't mean it at all as an attack. I always prefer to take preventative measures and that is exactly how I felt when I wrote that. Sure, it may have been unnecessary, as I'm certain the vast majority of people are extremely civil, but I wanted to make sure I had a warning out there before anything exploded.

    It is meant for both sides, the whole "you" paragraph was a general 'you'. Religious debate tends to become heated very quickly.

    I will also admit that it was 3 am when I posted that, I wasn't exactly tired but not at my most attentive. If I offended Ordinary12, or anyone for that matter, I sincerely apologize.
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Jan 4th, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

  3. #23
    reaper239's Avatar
    "Expelled From The Tower"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    1,631
    Blog Entries
    22
    Blog Entries
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    I didn't mean it at all as an attack. I always prefer to take preventative measures and that is exactly how I felt when I wrote that. Sure, it may have been unnecessary, as I'm certain the vast majority of people are extremely civil, but I wanted to make sure I had a warning out there before anything exploded.

    It is meant for both sides, the whole "you" paragraph was a general 'you'. Religious debate tends to become heated very quickly.

    I will also admit that it 3 am when I posted that, I wasn't exactly tired but not at my most attentive. If I offended Ordinary12, or anyone for that matter, I sincerely apologize.
    well i don't presume to speak for ordinary people (see what i did there? ordinary?) but i'll say this, you're good with me. your original post came across as an attack at ordinary, and that bothered me. let me say this too, if i ever come across like that (attacking and kind of dickish), i hope you will have the decency to call me on it and bust my balls for it. what's wrong is wrong and what's right is right.

  4. #24
    Ordinary12's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the vocal majority of people in this forum are Atheistic, or at least very non-religious, and are supporters of gay rights. I fall within both of these groups.

    You will very quickly destroy any respect you have here if you cannot be civil and at least debate, rather than angrily spout religious nonsense. If you wish to start this debate, be very prepared and intelligent. If not, please, leave it alone.
    Was that comment directed at me? How was I not civil? How was I angry and spouting religious nonsense? If you actually read the body of my first post you will see that I'm only offering a solution that I think will fix several problems. I never said one hateful thing. My solution was to simply remove government from marriage altogether because I believe it has nothing to do with them.

    Now I'm very curious to know why you thought I was being hateful. Was it just because I said I didn't agree with gay marriage? Do you consider that to be hateful? LOL!!! I challenge any of you to show where I said one negative thing about gay marriage in my original post. I only said I didn't agree with it...and then I went further to admit it's not up to me. After that point was made I only offered my opinion that this problem shouldn't even exist because if you could find someone willing to marry you then so be it. LOL!!! My original post was more about removing government from our lives than gay marriage.

    I hope the next few comments will consist of more than belligerent ramblings. LOL!!!

  5. #25
    Wicked Sid's Avatar
    6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    686
    Blog Entries
    5
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    Was that comment directed at me? How was I not civil? How was I angry and spouting religious nonsense? If you actually read the body of my first post you will see that I'm only offering a solution that I think will fix several problems. I never said one hateful thing. My solution was to simply remove government from marriage altogether because I believe it has nothing to do with them.

    Now I'm very curious to know why you thought I was being hateful. Was it just because I said I didn't agree with gay marriage? Do you consider that to be hateful? LOL!!! I challenge any of you to show where I said one negative thing about gay marriage in my original post. I only said I didn't agree with it...and then I went further to admit it's not up to me. After that point was made I only offered my opinion that this problem shouldn't even exist because if you could find someone willing to marry you then so be it. LOL!!! My original post was more about removing government from our lives than gay marriage.

    I hope the next few comments will consist of more than belligerent ramblings. LOL!!!
    I was already berated for this post and have explained my reasoning.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

  6. #26
    LiamKerrington's Avatar
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lower Saxony
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    4
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    4

    @Ordinary12: Have you actually read any other comment then what Wicked Sid wrote in his first posting, which he apologized for on his second posting?
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

  7. #27
    Ordinary12's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    @Ordinary12: Have you actually read any other comment then what Wicked Sid wrote in his first posting, which he apologized for on his second posting?
    Sorry guys!!! LOL!!! I didn't refresh my browser to catch the new comment. Just disreguard the prior post. You guys write really fast! LOL!!!

  8. #28
    LiamKerrington's Avatar
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lower Saxony
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    4
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    4

    It's cool.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

  9. #29
    Ordinary12's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    well i don't presume to speak for ordinary people (see what i did there? ordinary?) but i'll say this, you're good with me. your original post came across as an attack at ordinary, and that bothered me. let me say this too, if i ever come across like that (attacking and kind of dickish), i hope you will have the decency to call me on it and bust my balls for it. what's wrong is wrong and what's right is right.
    I did see that. LOL!!! Very nice!!! Perhaps people will think of me when ever they use the word "ordinary" from now on.

  10. #30
    Let's hug it out, with our shirts off, and baby oil...


 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •