User Tag List

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Marketing Tie-Ins

Hey KC,

You may have already thought of this but...seeing the success that Doomsday Preppers has had since it first appeared on television I thought you might want to take a note from there handbook and look into advertising with Wise Foods and eFoods Direct. Your show is about survival so it would make sense for both of you to have a relationship.

You may also look into selling other survival gear:

Tents
    Rocket Stoves
    We're Alive: Survival Books
    Rifles and Handguns

I'd also like to see products that are inspired by some of the characters:

Victor's Cologne
    Burt's Customized Dessert Eagle "Shirley"
    Saul's Military Back Pack
    Scratch's Knife
    Riley's Bow and Arrow Set
    Angel's "The Family" Ring

I can't think of his name right now...but how about a crank radio for the old man that fixes the satellite phone?
    Last edited by Ordinary12; Dec 21st, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    Hey KC,

You may have already thought of this but...seeing the success that Doomsday Preppers has had since it first appeared on television I thought you might want to take a note from there handbook and look into advertising with Wise Foods and eFoods Direct. Your show is about survival so it would make sense for both of you to have a relationship.

You may also look into selling other survival gear:

Tents
    Rocket Stoves
    We're Alive: Survival Books
    Rifles and Handguns

I'd also like to see products that are inspired by some of the characters:

Victor's Cologne
    Burt's Customized Dessert Eagle "Shirley"
    Saul's Military Back Pack
    Scratch's Knife
    Riley's Bow and Arrow Set
    Angel's "The Family" Ring

I can't think of his name right now...but how about a crank radio for the old man that fixes the satellite phone?
    I'm not KC and don't speak for him in anyway.

While I agree with you that all of the above would be awesome these things cost money and lots of it.
    even the advertisments on this show cost a decent chunk of change. The biggest merch we have from this show is a book about Burt being written at the moment.

So unfortunatly I do not see these things happening for awhile. In the hopes that We're Alive got turned into a tv show or a video game, then probably.

So how do you increase chances of this happening:
    -Listen to the show
    -Buy a t-shirt!
    -Buy the remastered discs
    -Bug the shit out of your friends to listen (a good chunk if not the majority of We're Alive fans came from IGN's Greg Miller constantly telling people to listen on Podcast Beyond)
    -Download the APP
    -and if you know someone in the entertainment industry...bug them about it(...as long as there not from LOST)

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post
    I'm not KC and don't speak for him in anyway.

While I agree with you that all of the above would be awesome these things cost money and lots of it.
    even the advertisments on this show cost a decent chunk of change. The biggest merch we have from this show is a book about Burt being written at the moment.

So unfortunatly I do not see these things happening for awhile. In the hopes that We're Alive got turned into a tv show or a video game, then probably.

So how do you increase chances of this happening:
    -Listen to the show
    -Buy a t-shirt!
    -Buy the remastered discs
    -Bug the shit out of your friends to listen (a good chunk if not the majority of We're Alive fans came from IGN's Greg Miller constantly telling people to listen on Podcast Beyond)
    -Download the APP
    -and if you know someone in the entertainment industry...bug them about it(...as long as there not from LOST)

Which brings me to another question for KC. Can anyone buy advertisement time on your show? I don't really have anything to sell but I'd love to get a "Shout Out" this next season. Something to think about.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    We do offer ad space on the show. I don't have the link on my phone, but on the main site there's a spot to submit an advert. Right now in the off season we don't have any, but possibly in the future.