User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Trust me, its as bad if not worse than it looks.

But what do I know. I'm just sitting here without power like 93% of long island and don't have a straight path to get anywhere because of downed trees and power lines. There are beach side roadways that are gone. The jettys that were used to build long beach are exposed. 110 homes burned to the ground in one area near the Rockaways.

Lets not forget the crippled mass transit system in and out of new york. Do you know the subway system was flooded as far north as at least 86th street? Alphabet city is devastated. There are subway stations still underwater.

That's just in nyc/long island. I could mention nj too, but I'm having to listen to the radio for news and I can only get the long island local station simulcast on fm.
    All the way to 86th? Wow, that is far. Nick I hope that you are fine. I been looking at all the pics and amazed by the damage. I can't believe that the subway is flood and the damage to NJ , it all so surreal.
    Z Sniper: I'm gonna die????!!!! God**** it,....i wish people would tell me these things!
    KC : Hee hee hee.... *giggling in corner.
    Z Sniper: You are evil,.......*crying in corner.

Z Sniper: I bestow you SUPER MUCHO MACHO MAN!

*Proud member of the Victor's Mucho Macho Fan Club*
    Member of the CJ Defense Force: Because no one else will.

"Scavenger"

Status
    damn. Didn't know the flooding spread so far. Godspeed Nik and may they clean er up soon.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Power still out to a huge portion of long island. Gas is a hot commodity and price gouging galore is happening (my neighbor told me that the guy told him $20 a gallon. The man is lucky the neighbor's kids were in the car, or he might not have a jaw anymore). Trees are starting to get detangled from trees and power restored to some neighborhoods. Of course there are insane lines for things you'd expect: Ice, gas, water, milk, bread, generators etc.

Below 34th in Manhattan there is no trains, only bus service. There are shuttles across the bridges for commuters from Brooklyn as all the tunnels are still flooded. Commuter rail is slowly coming back online with the only two lines that don't ever come near the South or North Shores. Thankfully, I take one of those lines to work so I was able to get back to some semblance of normalcy today. I had coworkers who rented a hotel room this morning so they could shower. Hotels are keeping some rooms open to rotate them around every 3-4 hours or so to help those who need a shower can run up and take one.

Oh by the by: all people who might be necessary for clean up or other activities to benefit the city in recovering are going to be pulled for the New York City Mother Fucking Marathon on Sunday. And I hope someone talks some sense into these people before it happens. Instead of having them run over the bridges, how about we make them run through the midtown tunnel which is still full of water. Maybe that will be a better story...

But overall, I'm fine. I'm cold and I'm really short on patience (more so than usual), but I'm fine. Thanks for the kind words, but they are better used for those that lost their homes, loved ones...like the woman who lost her 4 and 2 year old boys to storm surge waves as she was trying to escape Staten Island.

I'm slightly inconvenienced because I can't shower....

....ok everyone is slightly inconvenienced because I can't shower, lets be honest...but it's nothing compared to that.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

It really puts things into perspective, man. I was working with clients from NY just tonight and they were telling me how god awful it's been there. I guess the best news is that New York is such a strong city with forward thinking people that will rebuild from such a horrific event even better than before!

Stay safe, Nik!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Power still out to a huge portion of long island. Gas is a hot commodity and price gouging galore is happening (my neighbor told me that the guy told him $20 a gallon. The man is lucky the neighbor's kids were in the car, or he might not have a jaw anymore). Trees are starting to get detangled from trees and power restored to some neighborhoods. Of course there are insane lines for things you'd expect: Ice, gas, water, milk, bread, generators etc.

Below 34th in Manhattan there is no trains, only bus service. There are shuttles across the bridges for commuters from Brooklyn as all the tunnels are still flooded. Commuter rail is slowly coming back online with the only two lines that don't ever come near the South or North Shores. Thankfully, I take one of those lines to work so I was able to get back to some semblance of normalcy today. I had coworkers who rented a hotel room this morning so they could shower. Hotels are keeping some rooms open to rotate them around every 3-4 hours or so to help those who need a shower can run up and take one.

Oh by the by: all people who might be necessary for clean up or other activities to benefit the city in recovering are going to be pulled for the New York City Mother Fucking Marathon on Sunday. And I hope someone talks some sense into these people before it happens. Instead of having them run over the bridges, how about we make them run through the midtown tunnel which is still full of water. Maybe that will be a better story...

But overall, I'm fine. I'm cold and I'm really short on patience (more so than usual), but I'm fine. Thanks for the kind words, but they are better used for those that lost their homes, loved ones...like the woman who lost her 4 and 2 year old boys to storm surge waves as she was trying to escape Staten Island.

....ok everyone is slightly inconvenienced because I can't shower, lets be honest...but it's nothing compared to that.
    I'm just glad that you and your family are OK, everytime I turn on the news and see New York I worry about you and all our other east coast fans.
    Follow me on twitter My blog
    "Oh hey you're from the fur-ums" a "tipsy" KC Wayland. 12/5/12
    "No amount of lucky charms can bring him back." WND, Nikvoodoo.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I am right with Nikvoodoo this. I use to live in tornado alley along the Mississippi. hell if it wasn't flooding then you have to worry about tornadoes ripping your life apart along with your house. It is really weird to see a front loader being picked up and tossed like a toy. there have been plenty of times i have been woken out of bed from the tornado sirens going off, the power being off for days. the news can only show you a glimpse into was is really going on.
    Nikvoodoo, I hope for you and your families safety take care.

i suppose the baby wipes are getting kind of old huh? (just referencing we're alive after war.)
    Last edited by werewolf; Nov 1st, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

think i owe you a public apology, i was acting like a bit of an ass. i won't try and explain it, suffice to say family issues, but there was no need to take it out on you. i apologize.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I also didn't necessarily need to snap. like I said, I'm short on patience at the moment. So more things tick me off quicker than normal. Like birds. Those fuckers chirping woke me up this morning. Bastards.....

All good.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

@reaper239 and nikvoodoo:
    I repped you both. It is kind of a virtue, if people stand up for their 'mistakes' or what they did. It's a pleasure to have people like you around.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    @ reaper and nikvoodoo

Thank you.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast