User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    "Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    People need heat and lights before the the city needs a marathon.
    though i can sort of understand what he was thinking, it was a big source of revenue for the city. i would have cancelled it as soon as sandy passed, but i can almost understand where he was coming from. btw, nik, stay safe up there, i hear bands of thugs are roving the streets, seeking whom they may devour.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

It's true....there are bands and bands of folks devouring the innocent and forcing them to take fliers for their candidate. Then, as mindless civic drones, they walk into a polling place and pull levers, fill in scantrons..etc. Damn them. Damn them to hell! I <3 me some Governor Cuomo for allowing NY voters to vote anywhere they wish in any district today (displaced voters sign an affidavit and are only allowed to vote for National offices, not locals).

Things are good. The update is I got my power back, LIPA actually knocked out our neighborhood pretty quickly once they arrived. So I've been powered since Sunday around 7:30pm. I was too happy to post it here, and got way too swamped yesterday at work to really post. Then when I got home, I forgot I didn't update here.

Lipa is still getting crushed in the communities for lack of communication to its customers. NY subways still basically stop around 34th street on some lines, but others are back to fully operational (just not as frequent). Now that the city is coming back to life, transit is insane. Trains are over packed with commuters in all directions.

As for the marathon, I'm very grateful to the runners who helped the city recover. I'm also more than happy with the runners who ran their own marathons on their own. I most certainly cannot begrudge any reaction from any marathoner on Sunday. I don't even begrudge the slew of marathoners who nearly ran me over on Monday. They were robbed of their experience this year, and may never want to come back now despite the 2013 "freebie" into the marathon.

All that said, it was the right decision to me. The money may have been helpful to the city, but what I'm not sure of is how much of that $340 mill. comes from taxes on goods purchased etc. If that's the case.....how much was the city honestly affected by not running? I've been looking for an average money earned on a typical NY weekend to see how much different it might be vs. the NYC Marathon weekend. Haven't found anything solid yet.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234