User Tag List

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt

More Satellite Installations: New Mexico Tech

You may know New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology from the MythBusters. When ever the gang has a myth with extremely explosive outcomes, they go here.

I propose NM Tech as a satellite base. Not necessarily the campus per se, but the blasting ranges and their support facilities. Notably the EMRTC, Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center. I think that the "Conventional Ordinance" testing stockpile alone would be worth at least a look.

The adjacent/nearby town of Socorro seems to be small enough that infestation might be only of minor consequence, much like Yermo at Irwin. it seems to be relatively easy to get to, I25 runs right through Socorro and there is the Socorro Municipal Airport to the south. It also seems to be isolated enough that clogged roads due to attempted evacuation to be of little to no consequence as well.

Other places of interest are:

While researching, I also discovered Playas, NM, located in the "Boot-heel" of NM. Formerly a Company Town for copper mining, it was purchased by NM Tech with funding from the DHS to be used as a training facility for NM Tech's first responder and counter-terrorism programs.

Given that is is a training facility for FR & CT and so damn remote, I think that they may have fared rather well and that it would definitely be worth a look.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Jun 8th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    This is all good information but right now in the story they have no need to go out and search locations for supplies or anything. Half are being sent down to Boulder and the other half is training at Fort Irwin. I also see somewhere soon in the future that all of them will be at Boulder

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    *sigh*

I know. It was just a thought that struck me and I wanted to share.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    At some point, they should spread the population around just so not all their eggs are in the same basket.
    SKITTLES?

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    *sigh*

I know. It was just a thought that struck me and I wanted to share.
    Hah, it was interesting!