User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 8th and Grand

  1. #1
    awkwardalex's Avatar
    "Hoarder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    289
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1

    8th and Grand

    Anyone who knows me by now should know that I spend a lot of time relistening to past episodes, looking for clues. (Which helped me pick Kalani for my theory of The Rat ::Fistpump:

    So as I was listening to Who Over Comes part 2, this stuck out to me:

    Someone from the Mallers (most likely) had a scrap of paper that read, 8th and Grand. The location of one of Chinwe/CJ's farms. By this point in the game we know that every detail that is overlooked by the characters comes to mean something, and for now 8th and Grand has been overlooked, and it would seem that Chinwe is thinking that they came across it by accident or looking for food.

    Which states this fact:

    The Mallers Know at least one of Chinwe's farm locations. Could this lead the Mallers to are new smaller group of Living in Undead LA? Is this how we will find Lizzy and possibly Angel and Burt (My dad is really pushing for that one)? Or will it mean something else.

    Thoughts?
    Follow me on twitter My blog
    "Oh hey you're from the fur-ums" a "tipsy" KC Wayland. 12/5/12
    "No amount of lucky charms can bring him back." WND, Nikvoodoo.

  2. #2
    Cabbage Patch's Avatar
    "Body Removal Team"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    968
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I think this could be a great opportunity to reintroduce The Colony to the story. We know that Sean went to The Colony, and we suspect that he thought that CJ was dead. Sean would have probably known about the "garden" locations in LA set up by the Other Tower. What if he reported this information to Marcus and the information was recorded? Eventually The Colony would have wanted to send out scouts to find these resources and gather them. What if the "freshly turned" person with the address in his pocket was a Colony scout? Granted, you would assume that Victor would recognize him, but it's possible he didn't know everyone, or that the turning-process made it hard to recognize him.

    Sean might have also passed on info about the various safe houses The Other Tower set up, which could make for an interesting encounter as Saul, Victor and CJ get ready to head back to their base.

  3. #3
    awkwardalex's Avatar
    "Hoarder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    289
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I think this could be a great opportunity to reintroduce The Colony to the story. We know that Sean went to The Colony, and we suspect that he thought that CJ was dead. Sean would have probably known about the "garden" locations in LA set up by the Other Tower. What if he reported this information to Marcus and the information was recorded? Eventually The Colony would have wanted to send out scouts to find these resources and gather them. What if the "freshly turned" person with the address in his pocket was a Colony scout? Granted, you would assume that Victor would recognize him, but it's possible he didn't know everyone, or that the turning-process made it hard to recognize him.

    Sean might have also passed on info about the various safe houses The Other Tower set up, which could make for an interesting encounter as Saul, Victor and CJ get ready to head back to their base.
    Wow that would be a twist I would never see coming.
    Follow me on twitter My blog
    "Oh hey you're from the fur-ums" a "tipsy" KC Wayland. 12/5/12
    "No amount of lucky charms can bring him back." WND, Nikvoodoo.

  4. #4
    Osiris's Avatar
    Ostentatious Legume

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moderating your face
    Posts
    4,114
    Blog Entries
    16
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries
    16

    Was the one with the address freshly turned? We already know that at least one of these creatures can speak and read... what if it's teaching the 'new' ones how to do the same? Could be that old Pinstripey McInkalot is up to no good in ways we had yet to consider.
    joint-point-counter-joint

  5. #5
    bradarro11's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    i get the feeling the 8th and grand on the freshly turned zombie was simply a link to the re-introduction of CJ. without this little note Saul and Vic would never of come across her little garden becuase of Saul's description (" high wire fence and difficult to see from the road" etc..) i was hoping for a little more myself with this storyline but its seems to have passed. i find it hard to believe that the southern colony could have found it aswell, becuase of Vic saying the scouts never go too far any more.

  6. #6
    GeneTwo's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    193
    So all the communities (WA tower, Mallers, CJ tower) in LA are all about intel. I think that when the mallers take people or kill them they take anything that could lead to another human stronghold. We already know they take id cards. How much more tempting is a small piece of paper with an address or map. The dead guy might have just taken the piece of paper off a captured person from CJ's tower or he killed someone from that tower, taken the paper, and forgot about it.

  7. #7
    Osiris's Avatar
    Ostentatious Legume

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moderating your face
    Posts
    4,114
    Blog Entries
    16
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by bradarro11 View Post
    i get the feeling the 8th and grand on the freshly turned zombie was simply a link to the re-introduction of CJ. without this little note Saul and Vic would never of come across her little garden becuase of Saul's description (" high wire fence and difficult to see from the road" etc..) i was hoping for a little more myself with this storyline but its seems to have passed. i find it hard to believe that the southern colony could have found it aswell, becuase of Vic saying the scouts never go too far any more.
    Kc doesn't seem the type to employ such a blatant plot device. There's got to be something more to it.
    joint-point-counter-joint

  8. #8
    Cabbage Patch's Avatar
    "Body Removal Team"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    968
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I suppose Victor would have said something by now if that freshly turned zombie had been wearing a scuba tank.

  9. #9
    reaper239's Avatar
    "Expelled From The Tower"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    1,631
    Blog Entries
    22
    Blog Entries
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Kc doesn't seem the type to employ such a blatant plot device. There's got to be something more to it.
    but not everything needs to be so complicated. it could be something as simple as a maller scout was looking for places of interest and found the garden and wrote down its location. honestly, something that simple would be kind of refreshing in the midst of all this chaotic scheming and plotting that seems to be going on all the time. you hit on one thread and it's always going deeper. and that's cool, i love the deep rich storyline, but to find something that really does boil down to the simplist possible soloution would be like a fresh breeze cooling the fevered brow of conspiracy.

  10. #10
    Osiris's Avatar
    Ostentatious Legume

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Moderating your face
    Posts
    4,114
    Blog Entries
    16
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    but not everything needs to be so complicated. it could be something as simple as a maller scout was looking for places of interest and found the garden and wrote down its location. honestly, something that simple would be kind of refreshing in the midst of all this chaotic scheming and plotting that seems to be going on all the time. you hit on one thread and it's always going deeper. and that's cool, i love the deep rich storyline, but to find something that really does boil down to the simplist possible soloution would be like a fresh breeze cooling the fevered brow of conspiracy.
    Would that it were true.
    joint-point-counter-joint


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •