User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Can the zombies understand English?

In Chapter 27 Part 3 CJ mentions that when her tower was attacked she hid in the basement and there were zombies waiting her out around the corner but they were told by The Man in the Pinstripes to 'leave her'. It was heard of before that he could communicate in English as he did so convincingly enough for everyone but Burt to let their guard down and believe he was human, but it was never mentioned (as far as I know) that the other zombies could understand his words in English. What do you think this means in terms of their intelligence and possibly how they were created? Also, do you think this means at least some of them can understand human speech?
    Last edited by HarleyQuinn; Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Good question. I suppose they'd have to understand it to some degree if they obey Pinstripe's orders. I think the real question is how much? It's been pointed out many times that the smarter you were when you were alive, the smarter you are in death. So, I think the more intelligent zombies would have a better grasp of the English language. I think your basic zombie can only follow simple commands the way a dog would. Sit, stay, leave, etc etc.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i think the words were for CJ, as a way to torment her. it has been discussed on the forums (though i don't know where) about the zombies having a psychic link to each others, and falling under the control of some kind of commanders.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I believe that these simple English phrases are things that are unknown by the zombies. But they just repeat them by learning. Like if a zombie wants to get in a bulding it keeps listening to what others are saying then copys them to get it. Kindof like a parrot? Anyways, just a thought

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    i like the thought that it was a taunt to CJ , but i wounder if it is a contradiction, because of the single command that seems to proceed the zombie attacks, its no language that controlls the masses, through the tower attacks and random zombie attacks too there usually seems to be a single zombie that will let out an unusually loud shout/scream and this seems to controll the Z army.
    i reckon the zombies are using some other means to communicate rather than the english language anyway...

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Zombies communicate using Zomblish

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    Zombies communicate using Zomblish
    Well duhh