User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Why can't I get files to play on MP3 player

I've downloaded the MP3s from the zombiepodcast site. They play fine on my PC, but for some reason I can't get them to play on my MP3 players. I've tried 3 different players and can't get them to work on any of them. I'm also having the same issue with the We're Not Dead files too. The players either don't recognize the files or just freezes up when trying to play. Regular music MP3 files work fine on the players.
    The players I've tried are a 2GB Sansa Express, a cheapo 2GB RCA, (both several years old). I thought because of the age of those players they might not like the large file size, so I just picked up a brand new 4GB RCA player at Wal-Mart and it doesn't work either.

I'm totally stumped why it's not working. If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate the help.

I'm still looking for a new MP3 player (NOT AN IPOD!!) if anyone can suggest one. I'm currently leaning toward a Sansa Fuse (if I can find one), but I'd really like one with a slightly larger screen for video playing. I'm not a fan of touch-screens or built-in rechargeable batteries, but sadly that seems to be the trend these days, and a SD/microSD slot is an important feature.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I didn't see a tech forum.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

This is as good a place as any for this issue.

If you're looking for a non iPod alternative (you should really just give in to the collective.......we are the borg.....resi....oh nevermind), I was always a fan of Creative Zen products before I converted. Granted, the reason I converted was my zen player died a horrible no good very bad death after just about a year, but whatever. They also don't reach many of your specs these days.

But in terms of whatever else you're looking for....I found a Sansa mp3 player on Amazon for like $70. Beyond that I got nothing as to why your files won't work properly.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    OK, strike 4, wtf.
    Took back the 4GB RCA and got a 8GB Sony Walkman. It won't play the files either, it says "file format is not supported." Now how can a MP3 player not support MP3 files? And again, smaller music MP3s work fine.

I did forget to mention that I was able to burn the files to a CD (in MP3 format) and they worked on a portable CD player that can play MP3 files, but that's not practical to burn a CD for each new chapter.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I've got it working, kind of.
    First off, the Sony requires a folder called "PODCAST" and a sub-folder like "We're Alive" that holds the individual files. Would have been nice if there had been instructions somewhere to tell me that.
    Secondly, I had renamed and edited track # of the files when I was going to put them on the Sansa so that they would play in the proper order. For example chapter 1-part 1 was named "01-1 itbegins" & track #1, chapter 1-part 2 was named "02-1 itbegins" & track #2, etc. through chapter 27-part 3 named "27-3 thethirtyfirst" & track #80. I accidentally loaded some unedited files on the player and it worked, I caught the error and replaced those files with the edited ones and those didn't work.
    For some reason the MP3 player didn't like me screwing around with the file info.
    Anyway it seems to be working now, except that it won't play the files in the correct order.