User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    Kc's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    3,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries
    4

    Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

    A very interesting email...

    So, I received this email today. It's the first time I've received contact like this before, and you know how I love sharing these things...

    "
    Hi,

    I subscribed to 'We're Alive' a couple of weeks ago. *It's very strange -
    while the actors are unbelievably contrived and...well, just _bad_....
    and while the accents that some of them affect are perhaps the worst
    I've ever heard (in most cases I cannot tell you what the accent IS.
    Is it British...? *Hispanic? *Something else? *Come on, guys - you must
    admit that the reading of the script is laughingly inept and affected and wooden...),
    and while the one-week wait for a 20-minute episode is waaaay too long -
    all of this and more - believe me, I could go on...for some reason I find
    myself listening to it. *I'm not sure why, frankly - it's certainly not for the
    production or the acting, which are amateurish beyond belief. Could
    you really not find anyone who can read with a little more aptitude?

    But - you're making the effort, and I applaud that. *And I would really
    suggest that if you're interested in making this something to be taken
    seriously as audio drama, you're going to have to find actors with
    at least SOME degree of believability.

    All best,
    PJB/"

  2. #2
    Eviebae's Avatar
    "Maintenance Team"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    642
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    From an alternate universe? Bizarro World? Maybe it's Backwards Day where he comes from.
    SKITTLES?

  3. #3
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,557
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    Kc was kind enough to not attach the resume and acting reel of the composer of this email. He also omitted the post script begging for an audition....

    Hey....even the Godfather got some bad reviews.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  4. #4
    HaveCrowBarWillTravel's Avatar
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida, United St
    Posts
    988
    Blog Entries
    1
    Blog Entries
    1
    meh!
    The main problem with Social Media. Everyone and their daddy is a critic or feels the need to open their pie holes.
    These are the kind of people you "accidently" want to spill hot coffee (Or in Nik's case.. tea) on.

    See them standing on the curb and drive through the mud puddle at their feet...........
    ...eat half their sandwich from the office fridge and put it back with a note saying "oops!"

  5. #5
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,557
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    meh!
    These are the kind of people you "accidently" want to spill hot coffee (Or in Nik's case.. tea) on.
    It's true. I'd much prefer a nice jasmine tea to a cup o' joe.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  6. #6
    yarri's Avatar
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,043
    Blog Entries
    45
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    So, I received this email today. It's the first time I've received contact like this before, and you know how I love sharing these things...

    "
    Hi,

    I subscribed to 'We're Alive' a couple of weeks ago. *It's very strange -
    while the actors are unbelievably contrived and...well, just _bad_....
    and while the accents that some of them affect are perhaps the worst
    I've ever heard (in most cases I cannot tell you what the accent IS.
    Is it British...? *Hispanic? *Something else? *Come on, guys - you must
    admit that the reading of the script is laughingly inept and affected and wooden...),
    and while the one-week wait for a 20-minute episode is waaaay too long -
    all of this and more - believe me, I could go on...for some reason I find
    myself listening to it. *I'm not sure why, frankly - it's certainly not for the
    production or the acting, which are amateurish beyond belief. Could
    you really not find anyone who can read with a little more aptitude?

    But - you're making the effort, and I applaud that. *And I would really
    suggest that if you're interested in making this something to be taken
    seriously as audio drama, you're going to have to find actors with
    at least SOME degree of believability.

    All best,
    PJB/"
    Seriously????? OH MY GAWD... *face palm* what an idiot
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

  7. #7
    yarri's Avatar
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,043
    Blog Entries
    45
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    It's true. I'd much prefer a nice jasmine tea to a cup o' joe.
    Screw wasting a good cup of coffee or tea on him. I say kick his chair out from under him and then drop his lap top from a very tall height.

    LOl
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

  8. #8
    Grognaurd's Avatar
    We're Alive Sponsor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,586
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Probably parroting some inane dribble from a correspondence course on method acting. Give him the ol’ Groucho Marx and tell him that

    “you would not cast anyone with the poor taste to like your stuff.”

    There is also the “When I am good I am good. When I am bad, I am better.”

  9. #9
    Adventureless_Hero's Avatar
    "Researcher"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    795
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    PJB...I so want to make fun of these initials by saying something like that it stands for Peanut Jelly and Butter, or backwards it probably stands for Blow Jobs Please...but that just would be uncharacteristically rude of me and a bit dry and perhaps even contrived. :l

    Anyway, i guess everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just glad he doesn't represent the majority otherwise the amazing hard work that has gone into creating WA would go unappreciated. This forums existence alone should be more than enough to assuage the intended effects of that letter.

    *snicker* PJB...Pork Jizz Boy
    There is no spoon. - Neo

  10. #10
    reaper239's Avatar
    "Expelled From The Tower"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    1,631
    Blog Entries
    22
    Blog Entries
    22
    what a fucking dickhead


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •