User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Kill maim burn!
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I hadn't read the email in so long......what a jagoff. I'd almost forgotten
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    I never forget jag offs....Wait, that came out wrong.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I've forgotten more jagoffs than you remember.

Totally came out right.
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Oct 12th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    1st time seeing this. I actually had to stop and look for the punchline...then I realized he was serious. Well if this is bad I am really curious what he thinks is good...wait nevermind...I am not curious about this guy one iota....Keep up the great show KC

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Having been on both sides of the reviewer/performer relationship I know that a bad review can feel awful, especially when it feels undeserved. In this instance I think it is entirely undeserved.

From a reviewers point of view I am also aware that not everyone sees eye to eye (which is why, in my reviews, I always tried to separate personal taste from technical criticism and clearly identify which was which). I struggle to see why this person would hold those views, but different people seem to look for different things.

In the end though, reviews are useful to a creator or performer in so much as you can use them to look at your work or performance through another persons eyes (or ears) and weigh up what (if anything) you feel might be legitimate. In this case I would dismiss it as a strange personal taste on the part of he person sending the email as I can't see anything in the criticism that actually points to anything that needs work.

The only accent that gave me so much as a moment of puzzlement was Pippins English accent which, to my ears, seamed to roam across a couple of county boundaries. However I wondered if that was deliberate, to add mystery to the character, or if the character had lived in several parts of England, which sometimes leads to odd portmanteau accents. Being form the UK I can usually identify which town in a given county some one is from as long as it's a northern accent. For example, I'm from county Durham and can identify other people form the same pit village I'm from by their accent which sounds different in my ears to the people form the Steal town just 8 miles away, or the village only 3 miles to the west of here and so on.

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

LOL did that email come from Indiana? PJB is the initials of an eccentric drafter that used to work at my company, he has been gone for 16 years but I still see his initials on drawings

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registeredOverdrive

I know this is old, but do you still get dribble like this still? I mean, if you want amateur go watch a fan video my friends and I made playing "Colonial Marines". There is nothing amateur about the acting or production value in any of the work that I have heard.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345