User Tag List

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling

Undead Knightmare - Chapter 3

For a week they waited inside the home, hiding. They boarded all the windows and doors. Mr Williams had retrieved supplies from his hut across the street, and added with what Ms Lawson had gathered—only two days of food remained. From Lizzie's second story bedroom window, her and Sadon watched the city fall into chaos. They watched as entire families were killed in the streets, and then brought back to life as monsters. Every other shop and home in view was desolate and its inhabitants long dead. Lizzie, Sadon, Mr Williams, and Ms Lawson were the only people still alive in the market district—and for all they knew, the city.

It was time to make a plan and they knew it. The Ill would soon find them, if they did not starve to death first. Everyone gathered around the kitchen table while Ms Lawson prepared the foods for their journey.

“We can't wait here anymore. What are we going to do?” Sadon asked.

“Get the hell out of Valrock. This may be the imperial city, but it's not the only city. Somewhere else has to be safe,” Mr Williams said.

“What about the castle? Surely they’re still alive.” Lizzie suggested.

“No, no, no. The king has probably got himself locked somewhere deep in the dungeons with all that's left of the royal guard protecting him. They would never let us in.” Mr Williams said.

“Then we have no choice, we have to leave. As soon as Ms Lawson gets the food ready, I say we run to the main gates. Make our way to Slyvaria, they train the royal guard there. It has to be safe.” Sadon said.

“Yes. Good idea, boy.” Mr Williams said slapping Sadon on the back. He turned to Lizzie. “Could you go help Sarah with the food? Sadon and I can take care of packing anything else we might need.”

Before she could answer, Ms Lawson screamed and she and an armful of paper packages tumbled down the stairs. Everyone jumped away from the table and ran to the staircase. Ms Lawson lay on her side, clenching her knee.

“I tripped. I think something is wrong with my knee.” She said through clenched teeth.

“Damn! We were going to leave for Slyvaria tonight, but you can't travel like this.” Mr Williams said.

“Then go on without me.” Ms Lawson said.

“No, we won't leave you!” Lizzie yelled. She raised Ms Lawson’s head and rested it on her lap.

“Then, just you and Sadon go. Get out of here. Get safe.” Ms Lawson said.

“It's for the best. Sadon, protect her. And Lizzie, protect him. Protect my son. And leave right away, before nightfall.” Mr Williams said before Lizzie could object.

Mr Williams had never referred to Sadon as his son, and it meant a lot to him. He was ready to prove himself worthy. He grabbed Lizzie's arm and pulled her upstairs so they could get ready, while Mr Williams brought Ms Lawson to her bedroom and bandaged her knee.

Thirty minutes later Sadon, Lizzie and Mr Williams stood by the front door.

“You should have enough food to last four days if you ration it. I’ll manage to find more food, so don’t you worry.” Mr Williams turned towards Lizzie. “I'll keep Sarah safe.” He embraced them both in a big hug. “You two be safe out there, we'll meet you in Sylvaria once Sarah is well enough travel. Also, you may need these.” He handed Sadon a sharp long sword and Lizzie a bow and quiver. “It's all I could gather at the shop. You're not unfamiliar with these weapons. Go, now.” Sadon and Lizzie could not speak. They took the weapons and turned towards the open door. They feared what they would meet out there, but were also aware of how folly staying would be. They proceeded forward apprehensively.

They stepped outside and only one Ill man was seen. He was at the end of the long road, but as soon as it saw them it let out a loud scream that bounced off the barren walls of the surrounding buildings endlessly. A slow rumbling erupted from behind him, something large was coming.

“Zephro’s beard… More are coming. Run! I'll distract them.” Mr Williams said drawing a long sword that shined bright red, as if flames were engulfing the blade. They watched as Mr Williams ran headlong towards the screamer. Sadon felt Lizzie tug on his arm.

“Come on. He'll be fine.” She said trying to run in the opposite direction. “I hope.”

Finally Sadon gave in and followed after Lizzie. Before he rounded the corner to get off the market road he saw Mr Williams fighting a large group of the Ill. He forced himself to look away and proceeded to make his way across Valrock, and to the main gate.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

This isn't getting near the amount of love that it deserves. I'm loving this story so hard it might be illegal. Awesome work so far, Creemo_Jesus_Suit_Fillet.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    It IS very well put together.....