User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    "Lurker"

Status
    I agree he'll enjoy being back in a structured environment with military rules and regulations, but he'll have a boss and his boss will have a boss, and ultimately none of them are in charge of anything because there's always an officer in charge of everything. I know that if the world went crazy while I was off post, the last place I would return to after months of being out on my own with my own people would be a military post. I'm a SSG and I wouldn't want to go back after having about 2 platoons of people under me. Also, the military has a great way of keeping people out if we want to, but those same things keep people trapped inside. I've been to Fort Irwin plenty of times, and I know that place with one infected person would turn into complete chaos. It's just too remote. I'll stick with nomadic living until I find another place I can secure, like the tower but more ground level.
    But Michael is unstable and coming off a huge fail with the tower. He is now projecting blame and acting erratic. I think that we can agree that Michael would enjoy being back in a stable military environment, but you don't think in his present state of mind he is vulnerable to wanting to return to that life? He may not be the new leader of the Fort, but he would rank pretty high...wouldn't he? And wouldn't that be tempting?
    There is also much discussion on the Fort itself. I aint been there myself, and honestly, I haven't been to any active military base, but I imagine they would be set up much like a prison...in which case I can't help but think of Walking Dead. What better place to fortify than a place that is already fortified? Despite the disastrous consequences.
    Personally however, I am with you man. Keep moving. But the key is don't stop. Right from the Zombie humble beginnings in Night of the Living Dead (ignoring the origin, White Zombie) it is obvious that any place that is fortified ends up being a coffin. (I still love the image of hammering nails into wood-planks covering all means of escape...just another nail in the coffin)
    Last edited by Ra1th; Jan 30th, 2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: fixed the quote tags

"Lurker"

Status
    Yay for Skittles...keep coloring that rainbow buddy

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Willy, stop resisting the French Language and it's awesomeness.

Dont get me wrong: Michael has changed. How could he not? He basically killed one tower member by himself by keeping him locked in his room, he lost his two best friends in this crazy world.....but I don't think you can say his hyper paranoia is signs of a mental breakdown. It's awareness of the hell they are living in.

Michael has tried the "keep busy" approach so many times in the past, that I think it's actually refreshing to see him as the one needing a chance to stop and smell the roses. Its a new tactic, and its not necessarily meaning he's coming unglued.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

I love the Fort Irwin theme music! It's my favourite of all the locations, even more so than The Colony's (when they first arrived, anyway)
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213