User Tag List

Pin Psychic Pinstripe

Am I the only one that picked up that Pin Stripe is psychic? The show is pretty heavy handed with it. Theres been way too much to be coincidence. Burt shot at him once in the street. Ok, you can argue that one might have been a sort of snap-shot and he didn't have a lot of time to aim. Fine. But during the first tower assault, Burt takes quite a LONG time to line up a shot, and once again Pinstripe dodges. "Ok but that is Burt he might have been having shaky hands". Fine. I forget exactly who, but I want to say it was Angel who shot at Pinstripe during the "It's Paul" incident at VERY CLOSE RANGE in the hallway, and once again Pinstripe dodges. Angel is the worst shot of the three soldiers, but I'm pretty sure he could have easily hit center-mass in the middle of an apartment hallway. Then the very most obvious, was Pinstripe catching the arrow. My final argument is asking how Pinstripe controls the biters. I could buy that the biters follow the bellowing roars to a general area without Pinstripe being psychic, but this still leaves one thing. Biters are dumb. Seriously dumb. They literally have only been shown to do three things: Eat living people, drag off their fallen kin, and drag off the occasional living person to Pinstripe. Do you think they have the initiative to do those last two without some sort of direction? So yeah, there's my two cents on it.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I shall give thee change on your two cents.

The shots taken at The One With the Markings in the hallway of the Tower didn't miss. They hit him center of his chest. Michael comments on how he could see the smoke rising from them as the creature turned to run out the window.

I will not entirely shoot down the concept of psychic ability even though I believe it to be unlikely. We've seen the zombies accomplish feats that aren't humanly possible (incredible speed, jumping ability, pain tolerance etc), so it's within the realm of possibility that some of the zombies are capable of dodging bullets using reflexes and muscles alone. That's the hook I hang my hat on.

The other issue to consider is there is no real visible difference between a regular zombie and a smart one. The difference between the two is intellect and you can't see that (unless every single solitary smart one wore lab coats). So the zombies we've seen dragging off live humans (or dead ones to add to the stockpile) might all be smart ones and capable of thinking on their own. With the exception of a few stragglers here and there across season 2, when was the last time we really saw a group of regulars?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

i agree with nik on this one... pinstripes may only have higher sense abilities then humans... therefore can move faster or know to move before a human or regular zombie would

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wt91 View Post
    i agree with nik on this one... pinstripes may only have higher sense abilities then humans... therefore can move faster or know to move before a human or regular zombie would
    And heres where I disagree: Remember when Burt was sniping during the tower assault? Do you remember how many stupidly huge amounts of guns / zombies / explosions were going off? There is literally no way no matter how good your senses are that you can go "oh hey that ONE bullet that I have milliseconds to dodge that I just heard (which is venturing into the realm of physics-breaking with the speed of sound, and the muzzle velocity coming out of a rifle) that is one of any number of dozens going off right this second is clearly one I need to dodge". The only realm this really becomes plausible is if Burt actually missed, which is pretty doubtful.

Edit for more; Furthermore, now that I think about it, Burt DID NOT have Shaky Hands during the assault. He only got Shaky Hands after Tommy being turned. During this whole sniping, he was deadshot Burt.
    Last edited by myrmidongs; Aug 29th, 2011 at 07:38 PM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myrmidongs View Post
    And heres where I disagree: Remember when Burt was sniping during the tower assault? Do you remember how many stupidly huge amounts of guns / zombies / explosions were going off? There is literally no way no matter how good your senses are that you can go "oh hey that ONE bullet that I have milliseconds to dodge that I just heard (which is venturing into the realm of physics-breaking with the speed of sound, and the muzzle velocity coming out of a rifle) that is one of any number of dozens going off right this second is clearly one I need to dodge". The only realm this really becomes plausible is if Burt actually missed, which is pretty doubtful.

Edit for more; Furthermore, now that I think about it, Burt DID NOT have Shaky Hands during the assault. He only got Shaky Hands after Tommy being turned. During this whole sniping, he was deadshot Burt.
    13-3 around 6:30-7:00 minute mark. Burt has drawn enough attention to himself wielding the SAW on the fire truck that TOWTM (or whomever it was) called the zombies to change the tactics away from the fire truck and into the lobby. Burt hands Angel the SAW who then proceeds to empty it entirely of ammo before focusing on using the gas can to prevent more zombies from getting into the lobby. That's when Burt starts lining up his shot.....well after he was already the primary focus TOWTM, and the only sound that should be heard is the fire from where TOWTM is standing. No guns were being fired, the zombies were running into the lobby and nothing was blowing up.

I understand that the time Burt is lining up his shot is broken out of real time and is surrealistic, but there's nothing other than the fire going on at the time.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
    I would argue that he is not psychic because after Mr. Pinstripe got shot when he was infiltrating the tower and he was playing opossum, he waited until Burt said they didn't have any more rounds before he got up. Sounds like he didn't know they were out of rounds until Burt said they were so I say he's not a psychic. He's just a....well, I'm not sure what he is, but he's got some seriously super human abilities. However, I don't think psychic powers is one of them.

"Lurker"

Status
    I'd put psychic ability way down on the list of possibilities for Pinstripe guy. I got the impression that he was just really, really unbeatable, sort of Terminator-y, and can take bullets and arrows without a lot of damage, or that he has lightning-fast reflexes. I don't have a good explanation for that yet, but I'm sure that'll come with time.

"Lurker"

Status
    You know just throwing it out there that all the zombies r connected in some way like a hive mind pretty far out idea but anything is possible with these zombies