User Tag List

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 285
  1. #271
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,557
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    You did miss it but that's ok. Not the first time we've had to merge into this thread. Most likely won't be the last.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  2. #272
    reaper239's Avatar
    "Expelled From The Tower"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    1,631
    Blog Entries
    22
    Blog Entries
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by GeOsiris View Post
    I didn't see one on here, but I may have missed it. If this is a dupe, mods/admin, feel free to nuke.

    ITT we post pictures of our Z-day arsenals. Firearms, melee weapons, ugly mugs, whatever! If it's yours and you would use it as a weapon to defend yourself against the hordes of undead, lets see it!

    Here are some of mine.

    This is a MK18 MOD 0 Clone Build. All LMT. Good for tight spaces. (Yes, it's an SBR and yes, I have a tax stamp for it.)



    This is my SASS Build, on an Armalite AR10. It's a 7.62 NATO and kicks ass to 600m.



    This a group photo of my favorites, duplicate weapon systems weren't included.



    There are the two pictured above plus a Polish AK Underfolder, A Mossberg 500 12 Gauge, an AR-7 Takedown .22, a Springfield 1911 (My Daily Carry Piece), and a Ruger LCP .380 my BUG/Pocket Carry gun, but my wife usually carries it.
    jelly! if it weren't for the NFA i could get me a SBR, but as is i can't afford it and i don't want the feds knowing what i own anyway.

    Last edited by reaper239; Jun 21st, 2012 at 04:34 AM.

  3. #273
    Condor's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    107
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by GeOsiris View Post
    This a group photo of my favorites, duplicate weapon systems weren't included.



    There are the two pictured above plus a Polish AK Underfolder, A Mossberg 500 12 Gauge, an AR-7 Takedown .22, a Springfield 1911 (My Daily Carry Piece), and a Ruger LCP .380 my BUG/Pocket Carry gun, but my wife usually carries it.
    Nice collection.

    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    jelly! if it weren't for the NFA i could get me a SBR, but as is i can't afford it and i don't want the feds knowing what i own anyway.

    Me too. SBR, suppressor, & full-auto. I don't want to pay the government for the tax stamps and I'm not crazy about the idea that they'd know what I own either.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

  4. #274
    GeOsiris's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    32
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Gamertag: Earn my trust first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Nice collection.


    Me too. SBR, suppressor, & full-auto. I don't want to pay the government for the tax stamps and I'm not crazy about the idea that they'd know what I own either.
    In a perfect world the only gun law would be the 2nd amendment but it is what it is. I'm not worried about big brother watching, its really not a big deal. The stamps are also only $200 and are a one time fee. I have several. Th worst part of it all is the 6-7 month wait. I'm waiting on a suppressor now.

  5. #275
    Condor's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    107
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by GeOsiris View Post
    In a perfect world the only gun law would be the 2nd amendment but it is what it is. I'm not worried about big brother watching, its really not a big deal. The stamps are also only $200 and are a one time fee. I have several. Th worst part of it all is the 6-7 month wait. I'm waiting on a suppressor now.
    Is full-auto $200 also, I was thinking it was more. Anyway, that would be more of a spray & pray toy than a real weapon.

    I have a buddy that sells suppressors that I've helped at several gun shows. Like you said, the paperwork is no big deal, just a long wait and $200. Besides, I'm not sure what I'd want suppressed, a .22, a .223, or a .45. They're becoming pretty popular now and I've heard there's a push to change suppressors to something like an AOW class so the fee would only be $5. If they did that, I'd certainly jump on it. Kinda interesting that in some European countries require suppressors for hunting, but here in the US they are considered evil devices.

    As for a SBR, for everyday use I don't really see the need for one. If there's a SHTF situation, laws can be thrown out the window and a quick conversion gets me ready to roll.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

  6. #276
    GeOsiris's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    32
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Gamertag: Earn my trust first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Is full-auto $200 also, I was thinking it was more. Anyway, that would be more of a spray & pray toy than a real weapon.

    I have a buddy that sells suppressors that I've helped at several gun shows. Like you said, the paperwork is no big deal, just a long wait and $200. Besides, I'm not sure what I'd want suppressed, a .22, a .223, or a .45. They're becoming pretty popular now and I've heard there's a push to change suppressors to something like an AOW class so the fee would only be $5. If they did that, I'd certainly jump on it. Kinda interesting that in some European countries require suppressors for hunting, but here in the US they are considered evil devices.

    As for a SBR, for everyday use I don't really see the need for one. If there's a SHTF situation, laws can be thrown out the window and a quick conversion gets me ready to roll.
    The NRA is pushing to get suppressors removed from NFA all together. Its a safety thing. Cars require mufflers, we should be able to protect our hearing. The cost of full auto comes in the limited number of machine guns available for transfer. An M16 will run you about $20k and then there is the cost to feed it.

    I like my SBRs because they're handy, light, and you can slap a suppressor on and the overall lenghth is still that of a 16" bbl rifle or less.

    The most fun suppressors are the. 22 because they are the only ones that are actually "movie" quiet. I am waiting onnon that will fit both my 7.62 and 5.56 rifles.

  7. #277
    Condor's Avatar
    "Gatherer"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    107
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by GeOsiris View Post
    The NRA is pushing to get suppressors removed from NFA all together. Its a safety thing. Cars require mufflers, we should be able to protect our hearing. The cost of full auto comes in the limited number of machine guns available for transfer. An M16 will run you about $20k and then there is the cost to feed it.

    I like my SBRs because they're handy, light, and you can slap a suppressor on and the overall lenghth is still that of a 16" bbl rifle or less.

    The most fun suppressors are the. 22 because they are the only ones that are actually "movie" quiet. I am waiting onnon that will fit both my 7.62 and 5.56 rifles.
    Car muffler, suppressor, same basic idea. I think Michael Baine summed it up pretty good on an episode of "Shooting Gallery". "What would happen if you took the muffler off your car and put it on your gun? Your car would be too loud and your gun would be too quiet."
    .22s would be the most fun and cheaper suppressor cost too but it would be good to have a suppressed larger caliber pistol by the bed for self-defense. That way I wouldn't blow out my ears while blowing away a bad guy.

    That's the way to go, getting one for your 7.62 that will work on your 5.56. Getting a quick detach model and replacing the flash hider on both rifles, I'm assuming.
    If I decide to get one for my pistols, I'll probably get a Silencerco Osprey for a .45. Then get adapters so I can use it on a .40 & 9mm. About $70 (I think) per adapter vs about $1000 for each suppressor.

    An alternate for SBR is a bullpup rifle. Short but doesn't require tax stamp.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

  8. #278
    GeOsiris's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    32
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Gamertag: Earn my trust first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Car muffler, suppressor, same basic idea. I think Michael Baine summed it up pretty good on an episode of "Shooting Gallery". "What would happen if you took the muffler off your car and put it on your gun? Your car would be too loud and your gun would be too quiet."
    .22s would be the most fun and cheaper suppressor cost too but it would be good to have a suppressed larger caliber pistol by the bed for self-defense. That way I wouldn't blow out my ears while blowing away a bad guy.

    That's the way to go, getting one for your 7.62 that will work on your 5.56. Getting a quick detach model and replacing the flash hider on both rifles, I'm assuming.
    If I decide to get one for my pistols, I'll probably get a Silencerco Osprey for a .45. Then get adapters so I can use it on a .40 & 9mm. About $70 (I think) per adapter vs about $1000 for each suppressor.

    An alternate for SBR is a bullpup rifle. Short but doesn't require tax stamp.
    Osprey is a great choice. I don't like bullpups because of the shitty triggers they all have. Mag changes on them suck too especially when you're geared up. Aside from that I am partial to the AR platform.

  9. #279
    HaveCrowBarWillTravel's Avatar
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida, United St
    Posts
    988
    Blog Entries
    1
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ahhh the old Car Muffler vs Suppressor argument huh?

  10. #280
    HaveCrowBarWillTravel's Avatar
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida, United St
    Posts
    988
    Blog Entries
    1
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well folks, there's a new handgun coming out... well, it's out already really. Next challenger to the Glock and it's called the Caracal. Its selling like hotcakes right now. Keep an eye out for it. I'd have one, but my wife keeps tearing up our only car. LOL.


 
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •