User Tag List

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 170
  1. #51
    HaveCrowBarWillTravel's Avatar
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida, United St
    Posts
    986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    In 7-3 Michael makes up a batch of homemade Chloroform, which they use to sedate the zombies they tag. Chloroform was one of the original battlefield anaesthetics and was used to sedate patients being treated for gunshot wounds. It was introduced in the 1830s, used extensively in the US Civil War, and continued in use well into the 20th Century.

    So in 14-2, when Michael operates on Saul's gunshot wound, and all they have for an anaesthetic is some whiskey, is this because 1) they were out of chloroform, 2) Michael didn't realize it could be used as a surgical anaesthetic, or 3) was that an oversight?
    I would say it's because Michael isn't a chemist and what he made was to be tried on the creatures. It'd probably kill one of them is applied directly. Remember, Lizzy was out for a good min just from a wiff.. oh.. and that reminds me of something.
    Off to the Saul thread...
    Likes DemetriusH liked this post

  2. #52
    Grognaurd's Avatar
    We're Alive Sponsor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,588
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Crowbar is right. Chloroform is a lot more complicated than Hollywood's put a rag in the face and exit stage left. It is a classic goldielox drug. breath some, stop. The patient starts to stir, give them some more to knock them back out. But, too much and you will shutdown the heart and lungs.
    Likes DemetriusH liked this post

  3. #53
    Cabbage Patch's Avatar
    "Body Removal Team"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    968
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Chloroform sounds like truly nasty stuff, and it's probably better for Saul that they didn't try to use it during his surgury. I am curious how Michael learned about chloroform (he said he learned how to make it overseas, implying in Iraq), and why. Was this something he used in his job as an intel specialist?

  4. #54
    HaveCrowBarWillTravel's Avatar
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida, United St
    Posts
    986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Chloroform sounds like truly nasty stuff, and it's probably better for Saul that they didn't try to use it during his surgury. I am curious how Michael learned about chloroform (he said he learned how to make it overseas, implying in Iraq), and why. Was this something he used in his job as an intel specialist?
    I'm pretty sure Mike threw together a bunch of common stuff that we all know will knock you the F out. Bleach and Nail Polish will put you on your ass alone. Put them together and you're probably dead if you inhale in a closed space. He didn't have to worry about hurting anyone but the creatures so strength or care wasn't a consideration.

  5. #55
    Dyehardjr's Avatar
    "Lurker"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Worst Place To Be For A Zombie Attack
    Posts
    23

    We're Alive Story Hiccup

    Hey Guys,
    I have sent emails to you guys in the past, but I assume Greg is the one that answers from werenotdeadpodcast@gmail.com.
    Anyway, just so you can get it mentioned next week, here it is again.

    Hi Greg and/or Britt

    My brother brought up a very interesting topic recently about the podcast, and hasasked me to send it out to y'all in case it hasn't been spotted yet.

    In Chapter 2 2/3, at 8 minutes 30 seconds, Michael is explaining how Lizzy has beautiful blue eyes. But in Chapter 20 3/3, at 7 minutes 5 seconds, Tar (I laughed by @$$ off when you guys called him 'TARD') said that Lizzy has some of the prettiest green eyes.

    Now, I know that eye color can change as people get older (15% of people's eyes do change), and that there are diseases that can cause some change too (such as Horner syndrome and Fuch's disease). But I am really interested on why they would change it. Is it truly a hiccup, or is there a reason behind it all? Is KC adding some clues on what is supposed to happen? Maybe Lizzy is infected, but she is immune. That's why her eyes are a different color now.

    Whatever the cause, I hope we are the first to mention this.

    Have agreat day,
    Dyehardjr
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Jun 14th, 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: merged from another thread
    LIVE FREE, OR DYEHARDjr

    Trying to work with my brother is like playing Russian Roulette with a Glock, and expecting to win. Gets you nowhere!

  6. #56
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,554
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyehardjr View Post
    Maybe Lizzy is infected, but she is immune. That's why her eyes are a different color now.

    Whatever the cause, I hope we are the first to mention this.

    Have agreat day,
    Dyehardjr
    I moved this from We're Not Dead thread. Kc knows about the eye color mistake and it is being corrected for the re-release of Season 1 this summer. Officially, Lizzy's eyes are Green.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  7. #57
    HaveCrowBarWillTravel's Avatar
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida, United St
    Posts
    986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyehardjr View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I have sent emails to you guys in the past, but I assume Greg is the one that answers from werenotdeadpodcast@gmail.com.
    Anyway, just so you can get it mentioned next week, here it is again.

    Hi Greg and/or Britt

    My brother brought up a very interesting topic recently about the podcast, and hasasked me to send it out to y'all in case it hasn't been spotted yet.

    In Chapter 2 2/3, at 8 minutes 30 seconds, Michael is explaining how Lizzy has beautiful blue eyes. But in Chapter 20 3/3, at 7 minutes 5 seconds, Tar (I laughed by @$$ off when you guys called him 'TARD') said that Lizzy has some of the prettiest green eyes.

    Now, I know that eye color can change as people get older (15% of people's eyes do change), and that there are diseases that can cause some change too (such as Horner syndrome and Fuch's disease). But I am really interested on why they would change it. Is it truly a hiccup, or is there a reason behind it all? Is KC adding some clues on what is supposed to happen? Maybe Lizzy is infected, but she is immune. That's why her eyes are a different color now.

    Whatever the cause, I hope we are the first to mention this.

    Have agreat day,
    Dyehardjr
    Not to be a super butt here but KC answered this on page one of the thread.

  8. #58
    j0be's Avatar
    Afterlife of the party

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    956
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

    PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Was just listening on the road and heard Latch refer to a 16 wheeler in "Remains of Eastern Bay" part 2. Most, if not all, rigs are 18 wheelers.

  9. #59
    Grognaurd's Avatar
    We're Alive Sponsor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Champlain Valley
    Posts
    1,588
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I heard that also and wondered if it some kind of box truck rather than rig and trailer

  10. #60
    j0be's Avatar
    Afterlife of the party

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    956
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

    PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    I heard that also and wondered if it some kind of box truck rather than rig and trailer
    Except that Burt says something about the bullet bouncing around the empty hull.

    Also I have never seen a box truck with 16 wheels


 
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •