User Tag List

Thread: Map Locations

Question Map Locations

I was looking at the We're Alive Map and noticed something. The Map has some locations that I find strange.

1: Tommy's House
    2: The Arena

Why am I confused? Well for one this the font on the Arena is different from the other locations, from this and the new chapter I'm guessing that it could be fore the fact it'll be gone by the chapter's end.

Tommy's house is another, I mean we don't see Angel's, Micheal's, Pegs', really anyone's houses on the map. The way the map is, it seems to be what important locations the characters have been/will go. By this I have a strange suspicion that we may go to Tommy's house, seeing that it is on the way from the Maller's Mall to the Arena. The group could go there with Kelly for some reason, perhaps seeing Tommy's sister Lucy zombiefied and having the scene with her and Kelly I was hoping for, perhaps having Kelly facing her demons with Tommy's death by killing her niece.

I don't know it just seems strange these two location's stand out so much to me. Any thoughts?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran

Gamertag: Mikeyd2tall Steam ID: Mikeyd2tall
    I think the arena makes sense but i agree about tommys house

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    The Arena could be a different colour (not Font) due to it being a place to avoid (Maybe this is showing Michael's Map, so he'd have printed it in a different colour as a warning) or that it is occupied by enemies to the Tower, in the same line as the Maller's Mall and the Colony (seeing as they are both the same colour as the Arena).

Tommy's house may be placed there due to it being heavily mentioned and to show how far Kelly and Tommy had to go to reach the Tower, just for context.

Don't let me kill the theories though, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I am playing devil's advocate, and I am gonna kill a theory. Tommy's house was placed on the map to give a reference to his location at the time of the outbreak. At least, that's what Kc said in some thread somewhere on here. Too tired to locate it right now, but that's from him. Simply there as a reference point. Nothing more.

As Sid said above, this map shows the Mall and The Colony in red as the homes of the Tower's enemies. This is the map that Angel was creating when he was culling everyone's journal entries together to get an idea of what happened on Z-day. That's where there are times marked out on the map as well.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; May 2nd, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I am playing devil's advocate, and I am gonna kill a theory. Tommy's house was placed on the map to give a reference to his location at the time of the outbreak. At least, that's what Kc said in some thread somewhere on here. Too tired to locate it right now, but that's from him. Simply there as a reference point. Nothing more.

As Sid said above, this map shows the Mall and The Colony in red as the homes of the Tower's enemies. This is the map that Angel was creating when he was culling everyone's journal entries together to get an idea of what happened on Z-day. That's where there are times marked out on the map as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    The Arena could be a different colour (not Font) due to it being a place to avoid (Maybe this is showing Michael's Map, so he'd have printed it in a different colour as a warning) or that it is occupied by enemies to the Tower, in the same line as the Maller's Mall and the Colony (seeing as they are both the same colour as the Arena).

Tommy's house may be placed there due to it being heavily mentioned and to show how far Kelly and Tommy had to go to reach the Tower, just for context.

Don't let me kill the theories though, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.
    I'm looking at the printed map from the live event. It has the Arena in white, not red, all the locations except the arena is in a white type-writerish font. Also Nik, unless you show me KC's quote I'm sticking to my theory. Besides why is it important to know where Tommy and Kelly were unless we'll be going there?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoReality95 View Post
    Also Nik, unless you show me KC's quote I'm sticking to my theory. Besides why is it important to know where Tommy and Kelly were unless we'll be going there?
    http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showt...ull=1#post7125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Proximity reasons. Nothing more.
    Kc's quote and link. Boom.

Pretty easy to find too. And it was in the top news section. It wasn't very hidden.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showt...ull=1#post7125

Kc's quote and link. Boom.

Pretty easy to find too. And it was in the top news section. It wasn't very hidden.
    OK you win. But what's this whole thing about the map having enemies in red? Mine just has them in white.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Click on the auto link that leads to the map. Click on the hi resolution version so you can zoom in. The Maller's Mall, Arena and Colony are all in red.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Click on the auto link that leads to the map. Click on the hi resolution version so you can zoom in. The Maller's Mall, Arena and Colony are all in red.
    Hm, strange how they changed in the Poster Maps.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoReality95 View Post
    Hm, strange how they changed in the Poster Maps.
    Now that, I got nothing for. Perhaps because it was too obvious? Not really sure.