User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Zombiehead's Avatar
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    380
    Blog Entries
    19
    Blog Entries
    19

    Zombie Oh god, I 'm theorzing... Why is this happening?

    So I was staring at some old posts and watching the chat trickle by and I just thought of something that could explain how this WHOLE thing started.

    I don't know if it's been mentioned already but maybe radiation is the cause? I always suspected something was wrong because the flesh eaters are never described as decayed corpses, only depicted as mutations. Perhaps it's due to some byproduct from a bomb dropped in major cities around the world? Terrorists? A secret war between governments?

    Maybe some worldwide doomsday cult planted a chemical bomb that mutated and changed anyone nearby? We did hear a HUGE explosion in the beginning when it all started. Then suddenly all hell broke loose.

    Michael says the ones on the freeway were covered with scars, maybe they were actually blistering sores caused by the chemical? The big one Kalani and Angel saw was covered in zits, we know some are blind and some smell good whereas others can't. Perhaps the mutations are still changing the creatures.

    We know that going too far north into "ground zero" makes people sick. High concentration of this stuff (where the explosion went off) could be the answer as to why this is. It could have all been experimental or a secret weapon that hadn't been tested yet that was stolen. The possibilities are endless.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

  2. #2
    TCM Revolver's Avatar
    Wait...What??

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Dark Web
    Posts
    980
    Blog Entries
    7
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    7

    Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    How did this not get started sooner??

    It has to be man-made. Like you stated, they aren't the dead rising, these are mutants. Raydon labs could have had a military contract to develop a new chemical weapon designed to cause people to "become zombies". Tested this weapon on a human and he escaped.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

  3. #3
    MrScott101's Avatar
    "Builder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    412
    So originally I had this long response but for some reason I was logged out so I'll do my best to remember what I had typed before.

    This is a fantastic idea and would explain why and how there are so many different ones. It would explain why this isn't reanimation of the dead and is very fast at spreading. I agree with Rev that I think it would have had to be a combo radiation/nuclear chemical, or better yet radiated bio weapon..!! According to the tivo this was very world wide and not just the bigger cities so it had to have something very coordinated on a huge scale.

    Given that it had to have been a huge cult or organized group also says that the American Government would have been aware of this group and would have stopped most if not all cells of this group before it had the chance. Unless it was the US government that did it and organized with world leaders as a way of population control?
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

  4. #4
    Eviebae's Avatar
    "Maintenance Team"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    642
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    Perhaps it's due to some byproduct from a bomb dropped in major cities around the world? Terrorists?...Maybe some worldwide doomsday cult planted a chemical bomb that mutated and changed anyone nearby?

    Michael says the ones on the freeway were covered with scars, maybe they were actually blistering sores caused by the chemical? The big one Kalani and Angel saw was covered in zits,
    We know that going too far north into "ground zero" makes people sick. High concentration of this stuff (where the explosion went off) could be the answer as to why this is. It could have all been experimental or a secret weapon that hadn't been tested yet that was stolen. The possibilities are endless.
    It's such fun making up new ways it could have happened. Today's epiphany in the dog park involved alternate dimensions or histories--the whole multiverse theory. That got started by me thinking about why KC chose to set it in the past instead of the present. It didn't happen in our universe/history so no matter how you slice it, it's an alternate time line. Unless of course they are all just brains in a vat somewhere.

    Radiation by itself is just so random in its effects. It causes tumors and immune system problems mostly. Plus, it doesn't stay in one place and no one has come down with radiation sickness...unless that's what Lizzy has. This seems very targeted. I've said from the beginning I hope it turns out to be some complicated interaction between events.
    Last edited by Eviebae; Apr 11th, 2011 at 09:12 PM.

  5. #5
    Zombiehead's Avatar
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    380
    Blog Entries
    19
    Blog Entries
    19
    As for it spreading, perhaps getting mutated cells/spores into your blood stream via direct fluid transfer causes you to change? (if you live that is) Maybe the mutated cells die when you die. Without a living host and a warm blood stream to travel with they no longer become infectious? The only thing I can think of at the moment which forms a link to alcohol is that it thins out your blood, screws with your wiring(nervous system), and motor functions. I guess that would be considered undesirable conditions to an organism that wants to take control of it's host. The alcohol may even be deadly to the mutated cells.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

  6. #6
    shananala8's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    That got started by me thinking about why KC chose to set it in the past instead of the present.
    It should be noted that the first episode came out on May 4, 2009 and that episode took place on May 8, 2009. So while our timelines are no longer in sync, at one time they were. As for how much of a time delay the journals we hear from are on, we can only speculate.
    Timelines are fun.

  7. #7
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,557
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    So I was staring at some old posts and watching the chat trickle by and I just thought of something that could explain how this WHOLE thing started.

    I don't know if it's been mentioned already but maybe radiation is the cause? I always suspected something was wrong because the flesh eaters are never described as decayed corpses, only depicted as mutations. Perhaps it's due to some byproduct from a bomb dropped in major cities around the world? Terrorists? A secret war between governments?

    Maybe some worldwide doomsday cult planted a chemical bomb that mutated and changed anyone nearby? We did hear a HUGE explosion in the beginning when it all started. Then suddenly all hell broke loose.

    Michael says the ones on the freeway were covered with scars, maybe they were actually blistering sores caused by the chemical? The big one Kalani and Angel saw was covered in zits, we know some are blind and some smell good whereas others can't. Perhaps the mutations are still changing the creatures.

    We know that going too far north into "ground zero" makes people sick. High concentration of this stuff (where the explosion went off) could be the answer as to why this is. It could have all been experimental or a secret weapon that hadn't been tested yet that was stolen. The possibilities are endless.
    I believe it has to be genetic mutations of some variety. How this is possible? I don't know. I also don't know how it would receive a worldwide simultaneous release. But despite the latest rumblings on the forum, I think Raydon labs has everything to do with it. Without knowing the exact location of Raydon labs (Though I'm going to guess it's around the Pico Rivera area on the map (between The base and Locked and Loaded)), it's hard to say this to be fact, but here's one reason the first ones we encountered were scarred: They were some of the initial infected by an explosion at Raydon labs.

    Also, citing the majority opinion of Kalani on this forum, be careful saying we know about people getting sick at ground zero as fact. If you believe Kalani is an untrustworthy person, every statement that he makes (that can't be corroborated) is put into question and under a shadow of speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by shananala8 View Post
    It should be noted that the first episode came out on May 4, 2009 and that episode took place on May 8, 2009. So while our timelines are no longer in sync, at one time they were. As for how much of a time delay the journals we hear from are on, we can only speculate.
    This isn't necessarily the case. The first chapter is told as a flashback. The journals aren't brought up until chapter 4 I believe so Michael wouldn't even be writing in a journal until at least part of what went down had gone down. So there's a good possibility that despite all the "present" storytelling we hear in the show, that could be just a device to tell the story which is being told entirely as a flashback. I've made a statement that will be on the next WND podcast about the journals, so I'll leave that for now.

    I don't know if we've reached the crossover point where the flashbacks and the present cross, but I personally don't think we have yet.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Apr 12th, 2011 at 01:09 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  8. #8
    Luna Guardian's Avatar
    "Builder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frozen wastes of Finland
    Posts
    440
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    If it's a military test thing, I'd like to know how it broke out across the world so soon? Certainly it could be one, I'm not saying it couldn't, but I'd rather lean towards a global conspiracy to bring about some sort of New World Order. Mark my words, we haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the origins of the zombies.

    This could also explain why some zombies are smarter than others. If this is a conspiracy by a group of humans, they'd need someone to communicate and bargain with. It's impossible to do with mindless berserkers, but if these berserkers follow someone capable of intelligent though and even speech...

    Of course, this doesn't mean that the conspiracy worked out as the conspirators thought. They may have been the first consumed. Heck, they may even have had a way to control the zombies, but that way was lost when the fleshbiting hordes turned on their would-be masters...

    Just saying
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

    Wonderful story with an exciting ending

  9. #9
    shananala8's Avatar
    "Fresh Meat"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    This isn't necessarily the case. The first chapter is told as a flashback. The journals aren't brought up until chapter 4 I believe so Michael wouldn't even be writing in a journal until at least part of what went down had gone down. So there's a good possibility that despite all the "present" storytelling we hear in the show, that could be just a device to tell the story which is being told entirely as a flashback. I've made a statement that will be on the next WND podcast about the journals, so I'll leave that for now.

    I don't know if we've reached the crossover point where the flashbacks and the present cross, but I personally don't think we have yet.
    Right, I wasn't saying that we're getting the story in real time, and I don't know if we ever will (maybe in the last few episodes of the story?). Personally, I see the relationship between the journal entries and the narrative to be analogous to the rabbit and the dogs in dog racing: always just a ways ahead. The point I was making is that while we (in the "real" world) are a couple of years ahead, it didn't start that way.
    Timelines are fun.

  10. #10
    Adventureless_Hero's Avatar
    "Researcher"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    795
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I know the idea that aliens are behind this seems like such a bizarre answer because it just seems silly, but if you think about the evidence, aliens would be a logical answer. Think of the fact that this appears to have been an outbreak that occured simultaneously around the world. Just like in Independance Day, the aliens first lined up thier pieces on strategic points around the world, and struck all at once. It is my belief that aliens were living on the planet at the time and slowly introducing a virus that would have a trigger of some sort. Perhaps that "radiation sickness" that some people are experiencing when they come near ground zero is the trigger?

    This theory could also explain why some of the turned appeared to have scars or mutations that don't look as though they could have been the result of the zombie virus; such drastically altered zombies could have been the result of goverment/alien testing. The behemoths may be a failed goverment experiment to create a supersoldier through the help of an alien introduced gene.

    Now if you look at the different types of zombies you see that there appears to be a great number of generic ones, which I believe are simply humans infected with this alien virus, and then there are some special ones, like the one with markings. It is my belief the one with markings is not the same as the tattooed one. The one with markings is a special leader that controls all other types in the area, a true blooded alien creature put in command of the "troops" for this area. There is likely one in every major city controlling the generic and hybrid creatures. The tattooed one, or "Ink" is probably that mental patient murderer infected with the virus and turned rogue. His brain condition makes him immune to the colored one's control, but because they share a common interest, killing humans, "Ink" will sometimes work to infiltrate a human stronghold. Because he's batshit crazy.

    I stick to this theory because I haven't really had any reasons to not believe it. If anyone has any evidence against it, I will be happy to consider it. I'm just looking for an explanation like everyone else. The truth...is out there. ^o^
    There is no spoon. - Neo


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •