User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68

Thread: Randy / Randi

  1. #11
    Hollomandious's Avatar
    "Hoarder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Cloud, Minnesota
    Posts
    256
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaCat View Post
    Yeah, I just re-listened to the podcast a couple days ago and I noticed that Micheal's issue never got answered. If that doesn't pertain to Randy I'm sure it's going to come up in some other big way.
    Disagree.

    His issue in the beginning was that he never dealt w/ the loss of his parents while he was overseas. I think the conversation w/ Kelly outside the "dead tower residents room" covered that. Seeing the things that Angel was going thru w/ the whole Cindy thing brought a little of it to the surface. Not to mention stress in general as they were clearing the building.

  2. #12
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,557
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    I get the impression that she was a girl that liked him and he just wanted nothing to do with her. Remember how clumsy he is with women in general in the courting phase. He accidentally treats Pegs like crap because he doesn't know how to go about talking to the opposite sex. The same thing with the Party Girl. She wasn't someone Michael was familiar with in that sense. He's gotten much more natural around Pegs and can hold conversations with her since they've gotten together.

    He was stiff and awkward in the way he handled that other girl. So I say she's not Randi. Then again....we don't have any wiki information on that girl....maybe she does have something more to play in the future? I'm still saying no, but I'm just putting out a conspiracy theory.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaCat View Post
    Yeah, I just re-listened to the podcast a couple days ago and I noticed that Micheal's issue never got answered. If that doesn't pertain to Randy I'm sure it's going to come up in some other big way.
    Which issue is this?

  4. #14
    ObamaCat's Avatar
    Presidential Feline

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    392
    Blog Entries
    1
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries
    1

    Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Quote Originally Posted by THEkeyo View Post
    Which issue is this?
    In the second chapter I believe, Micheal and Riley had a discussion out on the balcony after they killed Angel's turned girlfriend Cindy and Angel started to cry. Riley knew Micheal was hurting as much as Angel and tried to find out why but he wouldn't tell her.

  5. #15
    ObamaCat's Avatar
    Presidential Feline

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    392
    Blog Entries
    1
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries
    1

    Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    Disagree.

    His issue in the beginning was that he never dealt w/ the loss of his parents while he was overseas. I think the conversation w/ Kelly outside the "dead tower residents room" covered that. Seeing the things that Angel was going thru w/ the whole Cindy thing brought a little of it to the surface. Not to mention stress in general as they were clearing the building.
    Could be. I'll have to re-listen to that. Which chapter is it?

  6. #16
    Rock Daddy's Avatar
    "Hoarder"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    240
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    I definitely think that Randi is/was either Michael's little brother or a past love interest. However I'm leaning towards brother, and I'll tell you why...

    First, when Kelly scoffs at Tommy's camera idea in front of Michael in chapter 4-1, Michael seems personally offended, and orders Kelly to clean up bodies as punishment, stating that he hates when people won't listen to kids' ideas just 'cause they're young.

    Second, after Tommy is gone, Michael (even though he always hides his emotions) is obviously deeply hurt and relinquishes his command, feeling like a failure (as if it's happened before).

    And Lastly, in Chapter 14-3, when Michael and Kelly are having a talk about lost loved ones, Michael responds oddly to some questions. He claims his parents died in a car accident while he was on his last tour. However, Kelly asked him if he lost anyone when the zombie attack happened. He just says, "Maybe". She also asks him about any brothers and sisters. Michael claims to be an only child, but Kelly says he doesn't seem to fit that type of personality. (And don't forget! She's an attorney and good at reading people/detecting lies) I'm interested to find out what's really going on.

  7. #17
    SleepyGlenn's Avatar
    "Smart One"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    134
    In England the word "randy" means the same as "horny". Michael wasn't referring to some previous trauma... he was just aroused!

    Case solved!
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

  8. #18
    nikvoodoo's Avatar
    Dadmin

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,557
    Blog Entries
    27
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Daddy View Post
    I definitely think that Randi is/was either Michael's little brother or a past love interest. However I'm leaning towards brother, and I'll tell you why...

    First, when Kelly scoffs at Tommy's camera idea in front of Michael in chapter 4-1, Michael seems personally offended, and orders Kelly to clean up bodies as punishment, stating that he hates when people won't listen to kids' ideas just 'cause they're young.

    Second, after Tommy is gone, Michael (even though he always hides his emotions) is obviously deeply hurt and relinquishes his command, feeling like a failure (as if it's happened before).

    And Lastly, in Chapter 14-3, when Michael and Kelly are having a talk about lost loved ones, Michael responds oddly to some questions. He claims his parents died in a car accident while he was on his last tour. However, Kelly asked him if he lost anyone when the zombie attack happened. He just says, "Maybe". She also asks him about any brothers and sisters. Michael claims to be an only child, but Kelly says he doesn't seem to fit that type of personality. (And don't forget! She's an attorney and good at reading people/detecting lies) I'm interested to find out what's really going on.
    I feel like he's put off because Kelly wasn't giving Tommy enough credit. Tommy's modification was one of the best security developments in Season 1, and Michael was able to immediately recognize it. He was just pissy with Kelly because she didn't realize how helpful it was.

    As for finding Tommy in 14-1 (~3:00 mark), this is the first real time experience we've had with Michael losing someone he really cared about as a person. We saw Michael "soldier up" like he always does, and this time it bit him in the ass because Burt wouldn't let him close off like he needs to do to get through situations. Then immediately after, he relinquishes command because now he can't focus on anything else. Ultimately, Michael experiences his first real loss that we see and its a helpful kid who did more than any one could have expected him to do. During that same conversation you referenced in 14-3, Michael says to Kelly if you keep busy you might be better off, which as I said above is how Michael copes.

    He could have been saying "Maybe" in response to Kelly's question because he doesn't form very deep relationships with many people. Remember how he said in Chapter 1 how he wouldn't necessarily go out drinking with Angel and Saul? Maybe he's just a solitary person by nature and has been thrust into this extraordinary situation that's forcing him to change as a person and it's causing some growing pains.

    So maybe someone he cared about died, but he might actually have to search through his memory hard to find that person. It's very easy to function if you're capable of compartmentalizing as well as Michael does. It doesn't really seem like his responses are really all that odd to me personally.

    All that said, I had never considered Michael to have a sibling simply because he said he's an only child. But who knows. Maybe there is something that Michael is being dishonest about aside from how his arm was broken.

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyGlenn View Post
    In England the word "randy" means the same as "horny". Michael wasn't referring to some previous trauma... he was just aroused!

    Case solved!
    if only you also spelled it "Randi" we could truly put this debate to rest, but alas and alack we must continue on our present course!
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Mar 9th, 2011 at 12:33 PM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

  9. #19
    SleepyGlenn's Avatar
    "Smart One"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyGlenn View Post
    In England the word "randy" means the same as "horny". Michael wasn't referring to some previous trauma... he was just aroused!

    Case solved!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    if only you also spelled it "Randi" we could truly put this debate to rest, but alas and alack we must continue on our present course!
    Ah, man. I was sure I was on to something there. Doesn't mean that SOMEONE wasn't aroused though. Datu.
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

  10. #20
    I have a feeling that Randy is a brother but Micheal told Kelly he didn't have siblings, but really that could mean he had a sibling and by some means of irresponsibility, perhaps a friend was lost by the same means causing Micheal to have a broken arm thus memories flowing back. An old war buddy is another thought too though.


 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •