User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Question "Old" Reputation Mechanism gone?

So, is the old Reputation mechanism (the star at the bottom) now completely gone in favor of the Like/Dislike functions?

Not complaining, just not sure since nik's last post in the Rep System thread over in the Newbie section still talks about using the star.

Forum changes are looking really good. Keep up the great work, y'all!
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    So, is the old Reputation mechanism (the star at the bottom) now completely gone in favor of the Like/Dislike functions?

Not complaining, just not sure since nik's last post in the Rep System thread over in the Newbie section still talks about using the star.

Forum changes are looking really good. Keep up the great work, y'all!
    Yes, the old Star system is gone now. I will do an update to the post later today (most likely later tonight) to update the information.

Thanks for catching it before I got a chance to sneak the update in....ya jerk...
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Yes, the old Star system is gone now. I will do an update to the post later today (most likely later tonight) to update the information.

Thanks for catching it before I got a chance to sneak the update in....ya jerk...
    Awww, you say the sweetest things....

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Yeah. Right after I made a helpful "how to" for the noobs? Kc long cocks me with a new system.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

On a related note (related to the rep system, not my jerkiness), do points still work the same (based on the clicking user's rep) or is it a flat # of points per like now?

Thanks!

Edit: I think I found the answer. The "Earn Points" break down says you get 5 pts per like. It still has the 4x listing for reputation but if that old system is gone, then I'm guessing nobody is getting those points from here on out. (Info here: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/x...ce.php?go=earn)
    Last edited by scbubba; Feb 14th, 2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: stopped being lazy and went looking for answers

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    On a related note (related to the rep system, not my jerkiness), do points still work the same (based on the clicking user's rep) or is it a flat # of points per like now?

Thanks!

Edit: I think I found the answer. The "Earn Points" break down says you get 5 pts per like. It still has the 4x listing for reputation but if that old system is gone, then I'm guessing nobody is getting those points from here on out. (Info here: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/x...ce.php?go=earn)
    Hmmm... that's a good point. I may have to add a function to that somehow.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Ok, so EACH Like you get +2 rep points. For Each Dislike someone throws on you, you lose 2 rep points. Is this fair? Should the points be slightly different?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Ok, so EACH Like you get +2 rep points. For Each Dislike someone throws on you, you lose 2 rep points. Is this fair? Should the points be slightly different?
    I think the old system was weighted towards positive rep giving more points than negative rep took away (like a 2 to 1 ratio maybe). But in that system you could only rep a post one time - meaning no positive rep followed by "taking it away" negative rep. The like system basically has an "undo" where you can dislike something to remove the like (and vice versa).

So, all that to say this - I think the +2/-2 sounds like a good system given the differences in the rep vs like systems.

The whole place is looking good, Kc....

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i prefer the system that built the ammount of rep you gave based on your rep in the community.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I agree with Reaper. When we had ridiculous standards for rep, no one but those who donated ever got above 3 green bars. This would be like going back into that system again. Can we make the like/dislike system work in the same way the Rep system worked?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast