Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Goldrush Episode 3 - Air Date 17 September 2019 - *Spoilers Allowed*

Thread for Chapter 3 of Goldrush.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

So we finally get the musical! Great song.
    Likes Merlin1274, Litmaster, Kc liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I didn't even think of that!!!!!

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I was the originator of a We're Alive Musical years ago

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Not What I Was Expecting...

Okay, one thing I've learned through listening to many audio dramas is how much listener expectation can color your experience of a piece, and this was no exception. Through episode 2 and 3... this isn't what I was expecting to hear, so it really threw me off. I was expecting a more straightforward narrative arc, much like the 'OT' We're Alive story, but Goldrush has already established itself to be its own thing, and quite different in tone.

I can really appreciate it from a craft perspective, but from a story perspective, I'm still not not there yet.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Absolutely. Really great performance. I've already listened to it 5 times, haha

"Lurker"

Status
    Personally not a fan of the background music so far it just feels off somehow. And the random notes at the end of chapter 2 when theyre talking eagerly is completely out of place and doesnt feel like were alive in any way. And overall chapter 2 and 3 have felt kinda... bad. First chapter was great so i hope it gets better as soon as the party is over

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpants View Post
    Personally not a fan of the background music so far it just feels off somehow. And the random notes at the end of chapter 2 when they're talking eagerly is completely out of place and doesnt feel like were alive in any way.
    You're talking about those synth stabs around the 25 minute mark? I think I get what Kc was going for there. My take on it was it's a few disparate notes from the WA theme injected into the scene as a non-diegetic representation of the soldier's growing sense of excitement at the prospects of finding the gold... their 'Gold Rush', as it were.
    Likes Merlin1274 liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    You're talking about those synth stabs around the 25 minute mark? I think I get what Kc was going for there. My take on it was it's a few disparate notes from the WA theme injected into the scene as a non-diegetic representation of the soldier's growing sense of excitement at the prospects of finding the gold... their 'Gold Rush', as it were.
    ye those, and i understood that its just not a thing that fits into how things have been done before, it makes it too much like a comedy. yes theres fun moments in we're alive too but those notes just didnt fit in. i havnt been much of a fan at all of the last two chapters its like some random person wrote a fandom version of a party with everyone, it just doesnt have the were alive feeling
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Litmaster liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpants View Post
    ye those, and i understood that its just not a thing that fits into how things have been done before, it makes it too much like a comedy. yes theres fun moments in we're alive too but those notes just didnt fit in. i havnt been much of a fan at all of the last two chapters its like some random person wrote a fandom version of a party with everyone, it just doesnt have the were alive feeling
    That's pretty much exactly what I told Kc yesterday. I said that it "feels like a We're Alive parody, acted out by the characters in We're Alive". The tone is certainly different than original WA or especially Lockdown... jury is still out as to whether it's gonna 'work'.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    It's a kind of Magic. I love it.. It is a world of its own.. Love the Bar Scenes and the horse is cracking me up.. Carl is a trip when he is tripping. Keep it coming KC.. it is awesome..
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast