View RSS Feed

All Zeehs Things

Announcement - New series of Daily Reptrivias!

Rate this Entry
Knowledge is power. But are you powerful enough to be prepared? Prepared for season 4 of 'We're Alive', the Zombiepodcast?
Season 4 is closing in. Looking back at more than four rich years with seasons 1 through 3 a lot has happened. Do you remember what?
Check your skills and join the zombie-warm-up-frenzy! Starting with 10th July the astounding Daily Reptrivia-quizes on the We're Alive-forum will test your skills! Log on, get it right, and survive!

Ok, now you know, what you are up to. But I want to do more and ask for your consent:

The Daily Reptrivia-quizes were originally meant to be about one question a day. But I would like to do more than (old: then; thank you Osiris) that. The idea is to have like three or more questions a day until Season 4 starts. The reason is simple: I want to get us more thoroughly attached to the WA-show again (as hard as it may seem at the moment, since most of us have sucked it in and breath We're Alive) in order to dive into season 4 more than (old: then, thank you Osiris) just prepared.

Currently I gather tons of questions for each episode and chapter. And the major idea behind the Daily Reptrivia frenzy I would like to get going is to have a Daily Reptrivia per chapter and at least one specific question per episode. This could - for example - mean that on 10th of July all three to X questions of the Daily Reptrivia Quiz would cover details on chapter 17 (which won't happen...) alone. Problem: Probably I don't have 36 days anymore left for doing so, because the official start of Season 4 is currently just "August"; and if it is as we are used it to be the first Monday in August, I need to reconsider this plan, if I want to cover ALL chapters up until the season 4 start ...

Regardless of that former thought: Rep would be shared if at least 2/3 of all the questions per quiz are answered correctly.

This kind of daily-reptrivia-quizes would end a day before the broadcasting of the first episode of season 4 ...

Now, what are your thoughts on this? Would you like me to make it that way? Or shall I stick with the original idea of Daily Reptrivia thus having only but one question a day ... ?

Best wishes!
Liam
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "Announcement - New series of Daily Reptrivias!" to Digg Submit "Announcement - New series of Daily Reptrivias!" to del.icio.us Submit "Announcement - New series of Daily Reptrivias!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Announcement - New series of Daily Reptrivias!" to Google

Updated Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:21 AM by LiamKerrington

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

"Knowledge is power" - so Liam, have you already adapted the NSA slogan?
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek
    "Knowledge is power" - so Liam, have you already adapted the NSA slogan?
    I couldn't adapt, what they already took from me.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Knowledge is power:

Than vs Then

Then delineates actions in time.
    Example: He got out of bed, and then made breakfast.

Than is primarily for comparison.
    Example: I like Evil Dead more than Dredd. Dredd was just awful.

#MoreYouKnonw

0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    P.S. I really hated Dredd. Worst movie I've ever turned off halfway through.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Knowledge is power:

Than vs Then

Then delineates actions in time.
    Example: He got out of bed, and then made breakfast.

Than is primarily for comparison.
    Example: I like Evil Dead more than Dredd. Dredd was just awful.

#MoreYouKnonw

I failed yet again. Thank you for giving me advice ...
    0 Likes, 0 , 1 , 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington
    I couldn't adapt, what they already took from me.
    Hm, have you seen this?
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek
    Hm, have you seen this?
    Interesting. Haven't seen this yet. Will check it.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington
    Interesting. Haven't seen this yet. Will check it.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Ok, to conclude the stray into "Schlapphut"-tism, let's just listen to the Men With Hats and their safety dance.

1 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Likes runs4theheckofit liked this post
    Sweet video.

But: I'd appreciate it if we start discussing whether my Reptrivia-quizes should hold one ore more questions each ... That's one of the two major purposes of this blog-entry ...
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Updated Jul 8th, 2013 at 12:46 PM by LiamKerrington (GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Go multiple questions and fuck 'em. If you have enough stockpiled, then go ahead and shoot your wad. We've only got a little over a month left before the conversation will shift to current events rather than past, so you might as well go for it.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster
    Go multiple questions and fuck 'em. If you have enough stockpiled, then go ahead and shoot your wad. We've only got a little over a month left before the conversation will shift to current events rather than past, so you might as well go for it.
    Hey Lit. You are absolutely right. Up until now there was not a single word of doubt or objection. Tomorrow I will produce the first week of Reptrivias which then will start on 10th July ...
    And since I will violate the basic idea of Dailys Reptrivias only for a short period of time, I think there is not so much trouble in it ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Ok, everyone.

A few dailys ago I returned to the basic concept of daily reptrivia quizes holding no more then just one question. I realized that the level of challenge and excitement might be too high; also the number of WA-fans achieving less or by far less then 100% was comparably high, which in return would destroy personal statistics, if I went on with the original idea of my special reptrivias.
    So no: Let's get 'classic' again.

I have started to create the first dailys based on season 2 alone - starting with Season 4 Warm-Up Dailys #12 onwards. I think the next step will be between 20 and 23 when I turn to season 3 then.
    As a disclaimer: The level of challenge is slightly raised. While during season 1 I mentioned on each quiz what chapter(s) would be covered, the descriptions for the quizes on season 2 will be much more vague. For the dailys on reptrivia 3 another raise of the challenge-level will occur - meaning: the time to solve the reptrivias will be heavily cut ... No 5 minutes more for answering questions ...

Thanks for reading, best wishes!
    Liam
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0