View RSS Feed

They're Not Dead

They're Not Dead - Episode 23

Rate this Entry
Disclaimer: I will not be talking about the We’re Alive podcast. I will be talking about the We’re Not Dead podcast. There will be spoilers of We’re Not Dead and consequently, We’re Alive spoilers may be included. Read with caution if you have not listened to either of the podcasts.

At last, our favourite podcast about podcast has returned! Britt has finally unveiled We’re Not Dead 23. This also means the return of this blog, They’re Not Dead—a name has never seemed more appropriate. It’s been about two and half months since we have heard a new We’re Not Dead, so I am sure you are all as excited as I am.

Episode 23 included Britt (of course) and Nikvoodoo. It came as no surprise that Greg was a no-show, for that was often the case many months ago, but I respect that it is the result of his day job. The big star for this episode was Kevin Flood, voice of the ‘late’ Kalani. This episode was unlike others as it was not about any specific episode, but a discussion with Kevin Flood. Kalani’s death was discussed, as were several other elements of the finale, but the focus was on Kevin Flood and his story.

Prior to the We’re Alive season 2 finale, I was one of many who hated the character Kalani. I also was one of the many who swiftly converted to a Kalani fan after his heroic death. I, therefore, enjoyed this episode. The limelight was on Kevin Flood the entire time, as he shared his experiences with We’re Alive and future plans. It was fun to hear about the inner workings of We’re Alive a bit. Kevin was unable to give any spoilers, because Kc would kill him, but also because he is in the dark about just as much as us. His respect for the podcast showed in that aspect, it also showed because he stated that he was going to continue to be a listener of We’re Alive, which I am sure that is no surprise to anybody.

Kevin could not say anything about the mysterious “Hannah,” but he did share his opinions on several other matters, such as, if he thought Burt was dead. Kevin is with the many people who do think that Burt died. I agree that Burt has too much that he can still do and that was not the heroic ending that I would expect from a completely bad-ass character. The suspicion that Kalani could have survived was brought up too. It did not sound as if Britt, Nik, or Kevin agreed with this theory, but it is an excellent point that no one is truly dead in We’re Alive until you see the corpse. I think Kalani is dead, after all he crashed a helicopter full of fuel into a gas tanker, and then it exploded. The chances of survival for that are slim, but hey, anything can happen in fiction, especially in the world that Kc and cast have created. The contributions the cast have made are incredible and we cannot forget what this show would be, or rather not be, without them.

Why did people not ask more questions? I ask you this as a criticism. We had perhaps our last opportunity to ever have our questions answered by Kevin Flood. While it was a fun session of him telling his stories, there was so much more that could be said. Questions such as these would have yielded amazing stories: What impact did the character of Kalani have on you? How did you go about preparing yourself for the role of Kalani? How much did it mean to you to be able to be a part of the We’re Alive world? What has been your favourite experience? Next time a character dies and he/she is on We’re Not Dead, let us all ask more questions.

Kalani was never, nor will he ever be, one of my favourite characters. In the beginning, I did not like him at all. He was whiny and always seemed to have a problem with the Tower’s authority, and he just annoyed me. (Did I just describe Kelly too? I think so…) Even after the whole incident where he helped Angel take down a big one, I saw no improvement in his attitude. Quite simply, I hated him every moment he lived. As soon as he died, however, that all changed. I have grown a somewhat personal attachment to this podcast and the characters. Therefore, after he sacrificed himself in such an epic way, he was momentarily my second favourite character (after Pegs of course). That changed after I was thinking rationally again, but I did feel that it was an amazing way to go. All those emotions that I, and many others, felt at that moment are all due to the genius of Kc’s writing and Kevin’s acting.
Kevin Flood, you will be missed on the show. Thanks for playing a Kalani so well!

Now we all must eagerly await the launch of season 3 or for Britt to record another We’re Not Dead. I see that as unlikely, judging by her business of the last couple of months. As for my plans for writing: You can expect more chapters of Undead Knightmare, and possibly another story that I have been working on. I also have some plans for a couple of blog posts. These will not all be as frequent as I would like, but that is the tale when you are preparing for college.

Until then, my friends, Farewell!

~Creemy
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "They're Not Dead - Episode 23" to Digg Submit "They're Not Dead - Episode 23" to del.icio.us Submit "They're Not Dead - Episode 23" to StumbleUpon Submit "They're Not Dead - Episode 23" to Google

Categories
They're Not Dead

Comments

Bravo, sir. You're correct about the lack of questions. I'd hoped for a little more depth as well.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Britt and I were taking twitter questions all day leading up to the interview, the thread that was opened the first time kevin was on got reopened and I asked people in the chat box.

Also, don't forget that he's been on before and some of the questions you asked might have already have been asked and answered.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    I'm not saying it was a bad session, I just felt like people could have asked more questions.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0