View RSS Feed

Zombies R Us.

Zombies on the Radio (woahohohoh on the radio)

Rate this Entry
by , Feb 10th, 2011 at 10:55 PM (11996 Views)
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thriller dance 1.jpg 
Views:	8486 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	218

When you think of zombies and music do you hear Dolores O'Riordan in your head (in your head, zombie zombie zombieieieie) or maybe you're serenaded by Bob's memo Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton? Are you swept up by Your Favorite Martian's Zombie Love Song? I mean that's all there is right? I mean, after all not even The Zombies (english rock band from the 60s) had songs about zombies!

But there are indeed songs about zombies out there and I've done the digging for you. Here are 15 (+1) of my favorite zombie themed songs.

I Walked with a Zombie
Originally by Roky Erickson, this song has been covered by a R.E.M., Elf Power and my favorite version, by Alice Donut

Astro Zombie
by The Misfits

Mi Novio es un Zombie
by Alaska y Dinarama, warning this song is in Spanish, but it's awesome 80s fabulousness!

Zombie Dance
by The Cramps

Zombie Crush

by Groovie Ghoulies

Walk Like a Zombie
by The Horrorpops

Zombies Ate Her Brain
By The Creepshow

Zombie Hop
by Zombina and the Skeletones

I Was a Teenage Zombie
by The Fleshtones

Zombie
by The Fall-Outs

Zombie Prostitute
by Voltaire

Infidel Zombie
by The Dickies

Aim for the Head
by Creature Feature

Zombie Graveyard Party
by Be Your Own Pet

Zombie Jamboree
Originally by Harry Bellafonte, covered by a bazillion people, but I like this version by Jack Jeans

Bonus:
They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh

by Sufjan Stevens

Am I missing something? Do you have a favorite zombie song? Would you throw the songs I have here on a CD and blast it come the zombpocalypse as some gun pumping bullet flying mood music?
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "Zombies on the Radio (woahohohoh on the radio)" to Digg Submit "Zombies on the Radio (woahohohoh on the radio)" to del.icio.us Submit "Zombies on the Radio (woahohohoh on the radio)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Zombies on the Radio (woahohohoh on the radio)" to Google

Updated Feb 10th, 2011 at 11:01 PM by mascaria

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments