View RSS Feed

All Zeehs Things

Where to begin ... ? A Blog-Introduction AND Zombies and Neurobiology

Rate this Entry
1. Pointless Introduction

Just check your google-fu or bing-thing or whatever search-engine you prefer and enter the two words "zombie" and "blog", hit the search-button, and then you'll see what's going on.

In short spoilerage: The zombie-apocalypse is already stampeding through the net. And that, what you may find, is rich in quantity, quality and certain standards. When I 'searched' with the two chosen words for the first time, I was pretty much amazed how much is going on the web about all these zombie things ... And it left me with the not so seriously ment question: Is this a mirror-image about the real (consumer-idiots-)zombie-apocalypse, or are there just so many zeeh-fans out there willing to share their thoughts in the WWW ... ?

And here I am. Just doin' the same. Starting a blog somehow related to zombies. So, would I be a consumer-idiot-zombie-apocalypyse-survivor or -zombie myself?

What is it that I want to write about? The description of this blog pretty much wraps it up. And now, after Nikvoodoo made me a WA-blogger, it took me about another one-and-a-half weeks until my first posting. I wished it was something amazing or incredible or at least hilarious or ridiculous that kept me away from writing my first article. But I think it mostly comes down to something between laziness on the one side and the big question on the other side. Which question? Well, this one: How to begin? Or in other words: How to get started?

Enough of this pointless introduction. I want to share plenty of stuff about All Zeehs Things already made available on the net. But since the really cool stuff is widely spread over many, many different platforms my aim is to make this one blog about All Zeehs Things the melting pot of the real zombie-shit.

Ok, where to begin now?

2. Zombies and neurobiology

Let's get scientific in this first posting, shall we? I would like to point you towards one amazing and somewhat 'scientific' approach towards zombies by the Havard Assistant Professor Dr. Steven C. Schlozman. What he does or did is to think about zombies and neurobiology. He wondered on what medical 'facts' or 'theories' certain behavior of zombies - their speech, their movement, their lust for brains or human flesh, etc. - could be based. This already happened 2.5+ years ago. And it received some feedback or echo on the web - like for example on these two platforms:

A Harvard Psychiatrist Explains Zombie Neurobiology by Mark Strauss
or
What Zombies Can Teach Us About Braaain Science by Rebecca Jacobson

Basically these articles give you an overview about different regions of the human brain being analyzed by Dr. Schlozman. And he analyzes what typical neurobiological circumstances lead to what kind of behavior. By doing this he proves certain zombie-behavior to be true or false - to some degree - from a scientific point of view.

In 2009 he also was guest on this podcast-show:
A Head-Shrinker Studies The Zombie Brain provided by NPR, a 15 minute epsiode. There he speaks about his idea to analyze zombie-behavior. And in the show calling listeners share their thoughts or give insight to their own experiences.

Also there is a about 30 minute presentation in front of a bigger audience available on the web - also from 2009:
PODCAST: Harvard psychologist explains the science of zombies. This one really is worth watching.

If you want to learn more about Dr. Schlozman, then visit his personal website - and there you will get a lot more insight into his various interests including All Zeehs Things.

I hope you enjoyed this first blog-post of me. Feel free to share your thoughts on the comments-section below; or simply start rambling about it on the forums.

Enjoy, all the best!
Liam
1 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
Likes NickSpark05 liked this post

Submit "Where to begin ... ? A Blog-Introduction AND Zombies and Neurobiology" to Digg Submit "Where to begin ... ? A Blog-Introduction AND Zombies and Neurobiology" to del.icio.us Submit "Where to begin ... ? A Blog-Introduction AND Zombies and Neurobiology" to StumbleUpon Submit "Where to begin ... ? A Blog-Introduction AND Zombies and Neurobiology" to Google

Updated Feb 17th, 2013 at 02:26 PM by LiamKerrington

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is the best thing to get help from experts or from any source if youre confused with anything. British Custom Essay is the best essay help, essay writing services provider to make your blog more attractive in reading aspects.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Loughton Contracts

Are you on the lookout for New York or New Jersey Movers that can do a reliable job at an affordable price? We're here for you when you need piano moving, and you will be pleased with our services. Two Marines Moving's movers are specially trained to deal with very heavy objects. We have the knowledge and knowledge toنقل اثاث بالرياض
    create your approach a stress no cost method when moving. Room to place removals: A complete service furniture transfer company will assist you to through the complete process. Our furniture going and rearranging products and services are guaranteed to greatly help to make the next office or home approach a breeze.

Within the acquisition, MOVU has been given funding to operate a vehicle its progress and in the approaching months will grow its portfolio of companies in the house and living segment. Small moving companies are a smart move when you have a big piece of furniture in تخزين اثاث بالرياض
    your home or office that requires a new location. Accredited, Insured, Registered, Certified, Professional Movers! Information such as for example: from what zip from what zip code, be it a residence, apt, condominium, townhouse, business office, what flooring, etc.

We are fully experienced household movers with considerable knowledge of the best organization methods to use for every size property. If this will not appear to be something you intend to be accountable for or if you don't have time to set up for freight transportation, you will need to ship your pieces of furniture using light glove movers. United offers a range of a-la carte and packaged going services. Along with our expert moving providers, we are happy to provide affordable storage space in our climate-controlled features, where we also have 24-hour surveillance.

Allied Pickfords have already been awarded the International Moving Enterprise of the entire year for days gone by four years, something we are incredibly pleased with and continually make an effort to maintain every year. After you communicate with our Jupiter pieces of furniture moving provider, we'll couple you with aشغالات بالساعة بالرياض
    relocation professional who will sit back with you to understand the needs you have and make available to you our finished roster of customizable products and services. Then merely create a free of charge listing, get quotations from customer-ranked movers, and reserve your shipment with a mover that matches your needs.

Each worker is background examined and extensively trained to provide exceptional relocation offerings. Complete your going from zip code accompanied by other move facts on our convenient online form, to greatly help locate the very best moving corporations near Columbus OH predicated on your move time, size of your going date etc. Movealls Reuse Household شغالات للتنازل من الكفيل
    (8 per Pack) is ranked 4.7 out of 5 by 25. This company also offers to buy your old furniture if you don't want to deliver them to your new place.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0