View RSS Feed

Alive Anonymous "A place for help on the season breaks."

1. Exploration of Survival part 4. Blog 45 ... Falls hurt and leave bruises.

by , Mar 28th, 2014 at 12:45 PM (Alive Anonymous "A place for help on the season breaks.")
    My last fall number 14 Yes I fell 14 times. It seems that there is a technique to walking in snow that I didn't master till we had to leave. The phrase "Pick em up and put them down" is forever branded into my soul along with every sticker bush in the entire state of Illinois which found its way into my flesh.

I decided to try and be helpful and put my new hatchet to use. I had watched Chris chop half way through a larger dead fall log then kick it to break the log the rest of ...

Updated Mar 28th, 2014 at 12:48 PM by yarri

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Exploration of survival. Blog 44 part 3.5 Nap time is important!

by , Mar 28th, 2014 at 12:35 PM (Alive Anonymous "A place for help on the season breaks.")
    After the fire got going (before it went out the last time) Chris declared it was time for food. We'd planned on not eating anything we couldn't catch or forage for. I feel this change of plans was an act of mercy for me. I'm horribly green yet in the art of survival. I was already feeling the affects of the extensive exercise and lack of food and water. I was shaking and sweating. So after the food and entertainment
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10910 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	3106Click image for larger version. 

Views:	5743 
Size:	285.0 KB 
ID:	3107
    Titus and ...

Updated Mar 28th, 2014 at 12:49 PM by yarri

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6412 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	3108   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6241 
Size:	303.5 KB 
ID:	3109  
  3. Exploration of Survival part 2 blog 43.

by , Mar 27th, 2014 at 11:04 AM (Alive Anonymous "A place for help on the season breaks.")
    Chris told me that the branches of evergreen trees were great for breaking the wind, as well as holding heat. Roughly a hour later, Chris returned without the Evergreens. He did bring with him, the beginning materials for a fire. Dead, tall grass and some SEMI-dry leaves.

Fire
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	2489 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	3101Click image for larger version. 

Views:	2725 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	3102Click image for larger version. 

Views:	2788 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	3103
    As you can see, the quest for fire was difficult. Even for someone with experience like Chris. The cold weather, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. An exploration of the meaning of survival. Blog 42? I think part one

by , Mar 20th, 2014 at 09:12 AM (Alive Anonymous "A place for help on the season breaks.")
    I opted this year to take my vacation an go see my friend USMCZombiekiller aka my friend Chris. He came up with an interesting idea. We along with anyone else that wanted to join us take an trip to the woods and ... survive.

This sounds simple right? The planning stages of the trip were extensive and took us three months. We invited multiple people but in the end is was him and I and his dog, Titus.

The day started out with a clear plan. Leave at the ass crack of dawn. ...

Updated Mar 20th, 2014 at 09:23 AM by yarri

Categories
    Alive Anonymous
  5. What I've been doing for the last 10 months. :)

by , Mar 20th, 2014 at 08:42 AM (Alive Anonymous "A place for help on the season breaks.")
    Ten months ago I and most of my team at the hospital accepted a challenge. We were asked along with nine hundred other idiots to open the first brand new hospital in the state of Oregon in forty-five years.

Ten months later here I am. Our new hospital is two months shy of its first birthday and growing better and bigger everyday. I'm proud to have been a part of something so amazing. Opening a hospital is a one in a life time opportunity for a nurse. I'm glad to have done it but ...
    Categories
    Alive Anonymous
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast