View RSS Feed

Alive Anonymous "A place for help on the season breaks."

What constitutes an honest, well balanced character. Part 1 (my Ode to Saul..maybe )

Rate this Entry
I love to write. I love writing more then pretty much anything in the world. I recently found the energy and desire to write again. (those of you that were involved I send props in your directions) I decided this week, I would explore and learn what constituted a well balanced, honest, believable character. To do this I was going to listen from the beginning of the entire podcast chapter 1. part 1. as I find the majority of the characters easy to understand and enjoy.
I learn about styles of writing by reading a number of books. The podcast is in a sense just a book, sort of... kinda? Go with me here ok?

First, I needed an idea of what I think consisted a well balanced, honest character. I needed to get it straight in my head.

To define the traits I listed them as follows:
1. Likeable by someone even if the character is a villein like Scratch.
2. Not a Mary sue or Larry sue (defined: A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in literary criticism and particularly in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author or reader. .(pulled that right off of wiki)
3. believable: is the character believable. Do you the listener or reader believe this character could exist in your world? Maybe this falls under Mary sue?

I'll start with Michael as he is the first character in the podcast.

More later.

If you all have any input go a head put it in on what you think constituents an honest, well balanced believable character.
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "What constitutes an honest, well balanced character. Part 1 (my Ode to Saul..maybe )" to Digg Submit "What constitutes an honest, well balanced character. Part 1 (my Ode to Saul..maybe )" to del.icio.us Submit "What constitutes an honest, well balanced character. Part 1 (my Ode to Saul..maybe )" to StumbleUpon Submit "What constitutes an honest, well balanced character. Part 1 (my Ode to Saul..maybe )" to Google

Updated May 31st, 2011 at 10:28 AM by yarri (hit my self with the hammer of grammer)

Categories
Alive Anonymous

Comments

Thank god, something to read over the break. Looking forward to more.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0