View RSS Feed

Discovering A Pandemic

My journey discovering the story of We're Alive. My favourite moments, characters and arcs may well be discussed here. I may just ramble on, I'm likely to offend and you can be certain that I'll go on and on and on.

1. Unrelated To A Pandemic: A Love Letter To Leonard.

The following entry has absolutely nothing to do with We're Alive or the world created by Kc and friends.

I’m going to take another minute, and break with the usual DaP format to honor the passing of a literary giant. Well, giant is arguable, but for my money there are very few writers on par with the late Elmore Leonard. His works have influenced the genre, have inspired, and have brought so much to the world as a whole. To say the least, I’m a fan. Leonard has been one of the biggest
  2. Reviving A Pandemic: The Beginning of The End

by , Jul 14th, 2013 at 10:06 AM (Discovering A Pandemic)
    DISCLAIMER: The following blog may contain material some may consider to be spoiler worthy. It is recommended that you read at your own risk. I could claim responsibility for you not paying attention to this warning, but I won't. That said, I'm going to forego any further warnings of spoilers within the blog.

I'd also like to take a brief moment to apologize for my absence over the last few months? Has it been months since the last issue? I can't remember. Doesn't matter, I'm back and ...
  3. Defining A Pandemic: The Elusive Perfect Chapter

by , Feb 1st, 2013 at 03:24 PM (Discovering A Pandemic)
    DISCLAIMER: The following blog may contain material some may consider to be spoiler worthy. It is recommended that you read at your own risk. I could claim responsibility for you not paying attention to this warning, but I won't. That said, I'm going to forego any further warnings of spoilers within the blog.

I'd also like to take a brief moment to apologize for my absence over the last few months? Has it been months since the last issue? I can't remember. Doesn't matter, I'm back and

Updated Feb 4th, 2013 at 03:25 PM by Osiris

Categories
    Discovering A Pandemic
  4. Departing From A Pandemic--Briefly

by , Nov 26th, 2012 at 10:01 AM (Discovering A Pandemic)
    So last night, along with 40,000+ of my fellow Canadians, I watched Paul McCartney rock the fuck out of a small Vancouver stadium. 70 years old... he's a fossil for certain and the majority of his catalogue was recorded long before I rocketed out of my dad's balls--and mercifully didn't end up on my mom's chest or face! It was an amazing night that didn't seem to end. The THREE HOUR set broke down like this:

1. Magical Mystery Tour
      (The Beatles song)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Writing A Pandemic? Nope... A Totally Unrelated Novel.

by , Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:09 PM (Discovering A Pandemic)
    Some of you already know--some of you, not so much--that I've been working on a novel for the last few months. I've finally come to a space where I'm ready to start revising, editing, and writing the second draft. I'd pretty much stopped working on it before my surgery, and haven't done fuck all to it since. That's about nine weeks of not even thinking about. This afternoon I started thinking about where I left things, found my ending and decided now was a good time to start chopping it up and ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast