View RSS Feed

The Spoiler's Review

The Spoiler's Review - Chapter 22.1 - What Is Yours Is Mine

Rate this Entry

!!SPOILERS AHEAD -- LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BEFORE YOU COME HERE!!

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”
~William Shakespeare - Measure For Measure~

What a mind twisting title but by a respectable source. I cannot yet fully speculate on how it will relate to our WA world, so I’ll save my commentary for another entry. I tip my hat to you dear KC.

Michael leads us into a scene that closely resembles thatof a mother coming home from a long day of work to the sounds of a bunch of bickering children in the house. Although I’m not sure what Victor’s job is in the Tower, he makes one helluva law enforcer. It does make me wonder why these actions are so widely accepted by the others? If this came from say Kalani or even pre-War Kelly, we’d all just roll our eyes and groan. Victor is still very new to this crew but seems to have his hands in everything as of late. One can only speculate on what’s Writing's plans are for him.

The asshole that got Lizzy nearly raped, killed,or injured claims that he’s not “comfortable” being in the same room with Apple(Pippin) while on guard duty. Of course this raises some red flags which are almost as obvious as Pippin being a “Maller spy” so I’m having a hard time buying the possibility he has other reasons for not wanting to be on guard duty. Rather than question this, Mama-Michael lets the brattiest of the bunch have his way and sends him to the roof for cleaning duty. Victor says what we’re all thinking: WTF?

I'd have preferred to hear "I'm sure Lizzy isn't comfortable where she is either! Now get your ass in there!" with the standard raising of an open palm.

But no, Michael switches to peacekeeper mode. Through the following conversation we also learn that he’s purposely kept Pegs off monitor duty too. Since she’s been tricked fairly recently, I can’t say that decision isn’t entirely unfounded but I get the feeling he just wants to keep his flower girl safe. However not only is that unfair to everyone else, it’s also insulting and I wonder why she didn't fight it. I doubt Pegs would get friendly enough to let Apple loose or put herself in danger in this situation. It’s flipping guard duty!

In the monitor room, Kelly’s salivating over European cuisine with Pippin. We're still waiting for a good scene with Victor and Kelly together but it looks like we'll have to wait on it. Still Vic’s punch-lines here are worth a smile. Pippin kindly offers his services and mentions that he used to be a salesman in the old world. By now Writing's got us so damn confused his story sounds believable.

Angel arrives with a perky Hope in tow (a little too perky). The guys use lots of coded jargon to keep their guest from knowing their travel plans. I like Hope, but placing her on duty alone over Pegs just seems silly. At first I took this as a sign of Michael’s declining judgment but now I think I get why he made that decision. Marcus said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Hope had a rough time at the Colony due to her disability and therefore was labeled useless. They didn't want to cater to her needs and we learned in Chapter 2 that people that people needed two things to keep their sanity. One being a sense of safety. The other being something to do. Idle hands in this environment can cut already dangling bits of hope. It's evident that he's given this idea some thought.

They say, best men are moulded out of faults,
And, for the most, become much more the better
For being a little bad. (A5, S1)

Burt narrates us into the next scene at the airport. They didn’t head over to the explosion at the Arena which is probably best considering the creatures left alive will be running the streets nearby. He tells us that Datu and Kalani are on the way to help patch up the grounded helicopter. Still no voiceovers from Saul…

Burt’s fiddling with wires and explosives and not giving any details. He sets off a small experimental explosion which gains the attention of a nearby ugly (WTF?). I’m boggled as to why this couldn’t wait until after the helicopter was airborne or at least until they had backup. Why would you draw the bad guys to an area containing precious cargo? Burt misses several times before Saul shoots the creature dead. He easily puts two and two together and knows something’s eating the old man. Burt confesses that he’s had problems dealing with his wife’s death (which we all knew) and it’s affected his shooting abilities. Saul consoles him with a glass half-full speech. I just adore the interactions between these two!

I wonder why this bit of info was just now added? There were plenty of opportunities to bring up Burt’s disability but for Writing to bring it to light now of all times seems like set up for disaster in the near future. There’s something else I took note of too. Since we know Lizzy is alive based on her journal narrations, if she has access to the Maller’s CB radio, there’s a chance she could catch their conversation over the airwaves and know that help is nearby. Crossing fingers…

Back at the Nest, Angel trains Hope on how to operate the monitoring system by touch and sound. A security alarm goes off in Burt’s shop which prompts him to run off to check it out. It’s the logical thing to do seeing as how they were robbed blind just before the War. Audio uses volume to cue us that someone else steps into the room before Pippin confirms it. He’s killed and poor Hope is left alone fearing for her life. After a moment’s pause there’s another shot heard and the person dashes out the door!

If I must die,
I will encounter darkness as a bride,
And hug it in mine arms. (A3, S8)

Well we can certainly draw up some ideas here. Right away it's assumed this murderer is the Tower Rat and weapons thief. Since Pippin sounded like he knew this person, it’s possible they used to be with the Mallers but I don’t think they were originally planted as a mole from early on. I want to believe this individual escaped the clutches of the Mallers but had to leave someone precious behind. In order to get them back unharmed they cut a deal and became an inside informant. It's too early to speculate the motive without more clues.

Every true man's apparel fits your thief. (A4, S2)

As previously stated in all 3-parts of my Chapter 21 Reviews, all sources pointing to Pippin being a Maller mole was WAY TOO obvious and therefore untrue. So I'll proudly mark that on my scoreboard as a ZH told-you-so moment. Don't bother editing your forum posts because YOU'RE ALL WRONG! Okay, okay it's out of my system now...

Writing 100%
Acting 96%
Audio 100%
Episode Rating 98.6%
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "The Spoiler's Review - Chapter 22.1 - What Is Yours Is Mine" to Digg Submit "The Spoiler's Review - Chapter 22.1 - What Is Yours Is Mine" to del.icio.us Submit "The Spoiler's Review - Chapter 22.1 - What Is Yours Is Mine" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Spoiler's Review - Chapter 22.1 - What Is Yours Is Mine" to Google

Updated Jun 16th, 2011 at 05:24 PM by Zombiehead

Categories
The Spoiler's Review

Comments