Comments for: Wiki

+ Reply to Page
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Comments
    Does this page need an added thumbnail/link for a "Places" sub-page listing all the locations? There are a number of pages detailing locations such as "The Tower" or "Locked and Loaded" but they are not directly linked in a directory fashion, just as links from within the other articles. They're kind of buried due to this.

Just a thought. I really like the current layout of the page, but the story locations do seem just as important as the other articles.
    Last edited by wooly; Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:23 PM.

"Builder"

Status
    Comments
    Good idea. I'll look into adding an item for "Places", and "categories" too. Both for functionality and alignment.
    It might take some time before it's there, as I'll have to wait for the images to be created.

Also, thanks for the compliment on the layout It took some time to get all the code in there, so I'm glad it was worth it.

"Builder"

Status
    Comments
    Done. Added both, though I'll add a proper thumbnail for 'Categories' later.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Comments
    Very nice! Still clean and neat but with more function. Your use of the map as the Places thumbnail was a great idea, it blends very well.

"Builder"

Status
    Comments
    I'm currently working on bringing back structure (and the automated power of some Wiki features like stubbs and categories) to the wiki, which will also increase the ease of use.
    As long as writers properly add the [category]-tags at the bottom of their articles, it will definitely make things a lot easier.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Comments
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Could use a Season 4 update. That is beyond me

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Comments
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I added an external link to celiac disease (wiki) and 31 bravo (about.com)

Now I wonder if that is a bad idea. Is linking outside the domain a bad idea?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Comments
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    I was wondering if you guys know where CJ's aprtment was where saul and victor stayed with her. Also where is the tower that CJ, kalani, hope came from. I saw that map, but it doesnt show where those locations are, I was just wondernig if you guys new where or is there no location known?

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Comments
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Some of the articles could do with a quick once-over for spelling/grammar errors. I'll do a few when I get on my computer

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Comments
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Just a thought about the Wiki pages. When I first stumbled across the forum, I perused the Wiki. Then I ran off like a scared dog after I read a spoiler in a page about a particular character. How about placing a Spoiler Warning on the Wiki's Main page? At times I thought about placing them on each page but that would be a massive undertaking. Also organizing each entry's article into chapters will be messy. So a single warning on the main page warning that the "Articles in the Wiki may contain information that will not be revealed until later episodes" would go a long way.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!